PDA

View Full Version : Is Worst nightmare missable?

happyg01
10-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I completed the game, Im stuck on Rank 6 perform 4 exotic takedowns in one predator encounter. Is there a place where I can still do this after beating the story

ponypo2001
10-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Challenge maps?

happyg01
10-27-2013, 03:17 PM
it dosesnt seem to count

ponypo2001
10-27-2013, 03:19 PM
it dosesnt seem to count

Damn. I can only advise doing it in New Game Plus then.

M1GHTY M4VS
10-27-2013, 03:49 PM
You could try it on Deadshot if you have this one open still

happyg01
10-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Ive completed the game, guess ill try in new game . thanks

M1GHTY M4VS
10-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Ive completed the game, guess ill try in new game . thanks
See if you can do it on the Final Offer Ship, it looks to me that this is a permanent spot that can get you the predator challenge within the game.

evilz
10-28-2013, 09:08 PM
the challenge is broken at the moment

Platinum Mike
10-29-2013, 05:39 AM
the challenge is broken at the moment

The challenge isn't broken, I got it last night.

Without wanting to spoil the game for anyone, there is a predator section in Blackgate Prison towards the end of the game with 7 thugs to dispatch, this is by far an easier section of the game to attempt this challenge. I did it on Hard and the thugs in this section didn't even have a signal jammer and the gargoyles weren't booby trapped.

You'll need to perform a takedown from inside a vent, NOT a floor grate.

Explode a weak wall in to a henchman, I found walls with a "fist" symbol that you'd normally pull a henchman through will not count towards this challenge, it must be a wall with an explosion or star like pattern on it.

Hanging ledge takedowns are performed by sitting on a ledge, I find over a door way is best, and performing a takedown as a thug passes below you, this takedown is not the takedown were you pull a thug off a ledge despite it having a more accurately descriptive name.

Corner takedowns are self explanatory really, however for those who don't know, crouch near a corner and you'll be given the option to "snap to cover" by pressing "A", do this then when a thug approaches press "Y".

This worked for me, I hope this helps those who may be struggling.

evilz
10-29-2013, 07:39 AM
oh okay I was doing grate and the other ledge take down I will try this later cheers

M1GHTY M4VS
10-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Without wanting to spoil the game for anyone, there is a predator section in Blackgate Prison towards the end of the game with 7 thugs to dispatch, this is by far an easier section of the game to attempt this challenge. I did it on Hard and the thugs in this section didn't even have a signal jammer and the gargoyles weren't booby trapped.

Explode a weak wall in to a henchman, I found walls with a "fist" symbol that you'd normally pull a henchman through will not count towards this challenge, it must be a wall with an explosion or star like pattern on it.

Hanging ledge takedowns are performed by sitting on a ledge, I find over a door way is best, and performing a takedown as a thug passes below you, this takedown is not the takedown were you pull a thug off a ledge despite it having a more accurately descriptive name.

Corner takedowns are self explanatory really, however for those who don't know, crouch near a corner and you'll be given the option to "snap to cover" by pressing "A", do this then when a thug approaches press "Y".

So they repetively spawn up again and again that's good, would be mean if you beat the story and run out of predator possibilities.

TheMarkOfPower
10-30-2013, 05:54 AM
what he is actually asking is where can you find a predator encounter that counts to do the challenges for worst nightmare after completion of the game?

Platinum Mike
10-30-2013, 06:49 AM
what he is actually asking is where can you find a predator encounter that counts to do the challenges for worst nightmare after completion of the game?

I can see that was the initial question but as you can see by the quote in my first post I am clearly responding to the claim that the challenge is broken.

For what it's worth, predator areas in the post completion open world haven't repopulated with enemies as far as I can tell, looks like new game+ is your best bet now.

FastFatty
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM

This worked a treat for me, cheers buddy!

x352x pH
10-30-2013, 10:24 PM

Did you have the auto detonation set for your explosive gel? I've been trying and thats the only thing I can think of that might be tripping me up and not unlocking for me because I'm doing all the other takedowns for sure.

Shaidar Dio
10-31-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I've unlocked the autodetonation too and I cant even get the guys knocked out, the gel explodes too soon and they're only stunned. :/

x352x pH
10-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I've unlocked the autodetonation too and I cant even get the guys knocked out, the gel explodes too soon and they're only stunned. :/

quoted from a thread I started:

There is, there are two types of walls in the Arkham verse, those you can do takedowns through and those you can detonate for takedowns.

Glass and thin walls will stun an enemy but not knock them out, these are walls with the fist symbol on them.

Thicker walls have a star-like explosion symbol on them that will stun and knock out a thug if you detonate the wall towards them but you cant perform a "Y" button takedown through this kind of wall.

DEG23
10-31-2013, 08:24 AM

You also need to make sure you're spraying the gel on the opposite side they're standing next to. If you spray it on the same side as them, it will still only stun.

I had already unlocked the proxy gel before this challenge and it worked fine.

BiggD
10-31-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm very annoyed. I was working on Rank 6 of the Worst Nightmare track last night, and got everything except the hanging ledge takedown because there's no place to do it in that room :(

Can anyone confirm that if I wait until the end of the game and do it in Blackgate prison, that the remaining challenges in that track are still doable on the same playthrough.

KiDDo
10-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm very annoyed. I was working on Rank 6 of the Worst Nightmare track last night, and got everything except the hanging ledge takedown because there's no place to do it in that room :(

Same here, just couldn't get the Hanging Ledge takedown although I knew exactly what to do... In the next predator room there were no walls to use the explosive gel on :(

So if you don't make a backup and miss the opportunity to do a required takedown in a special room, the achievement actually would be missable, even though with three playthroughs...

shooterking69
10-31-2013, 02:21 PM
So I guess we came to an conclusion that there are no more respawn enemies?
Well look like going to have to do them all IADN mode and if I don't looks like ill be failing that on purpose just to get them :(

That suck.

BiggD
10-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, enemies in predator rooms don't respawn. I'm almost positive.

I would just like to know that if I do Rank 6 at the Blackgate Prison, are the other 9 challenges doable in the same playthrough? Isn't the Prison the very end of the game?

xoskxflip
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah, enemies in predator rooms don't respawn. I'm almost positive.

I would just like to know that if I do Rank 6 at the Blackgate Prison, are the other 9 challenges doable in the same playthrough? Isn't the Prison the very end of the game?

Yes, blackgate is at the very end of the game and it has the last predator room of the story. However, if you have not done dead shot or black mask side missions, they have predator missions. I just finished rank 6 at blackgate and going to have to finish the rest in new game +

BiggD
10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes, blackgate is at the very end of the game and it has the last predator room of the story. However, if you have not done dead shot or black mask side missions, they have predator missions. I just finished rank 6 at blackgate and going to have to finish the rest in new game +

Damn. I already finished those. Oh, well, I'll just do Rank 6 at Blackgate and the rest on NG+

Thanks for the response :)

rockyjo3
10-31-2013, 04:34 PM
It would have been so much nicer if they would have just let us do the dark knight challenges in the challenge rooms, would that really have been so hard?

With so many dark knight challenges, you have to be constantly checking your menu to see what level you are on and always having to keep an eye out and hope for an opportunity to complete a rank. Especially with worst nightmare which is so specific and has a very limited number of opportunities

punker
10-31-2013, 05:48 PM
It would have been so much nicer if they would have just let us do the dark knight challenges in the challenge rooms, would that really have been so hard?

Agreed. I'm not gonna play the story again after I beat it, so if I don't get the challenges on this playthrough, then I guess I never will.

You know what else would've been nice? If all the challenges were a checklist of 15 things, instead of having to be unlocked one at a time. I already did a predator room without detective vision, and without being spotted... but since that's something like challenge #9 or #10, and I'm only at #6, I know it's not going to count and I'll have to do it again.

VyperJMc
10-31-2013, 06:02 PM

With so many dark knight challenges, you have to be constantly checking your menu to see what level you are on and always having to keep an eye out and hope for an opportunity to complete a rank. Especially with worst nightmare which is so specific and has a very limited number of opportunities
This^

You know what else would've been nice? If all the challenges were a checklist of 15 things, instead of having to be unlocked one at a time. I already did a predator room without detective vision, and without being spotted... but since that's something like challenge #9 or #10, and I'm only at #6, I know it's not going to count and I'll have to do it again.
& This^

In case anyone is still having trouble with rank 6, like M1GHTY M4VS pointed out, the Deadshot encounter is a great place to unlock it. It's got 2 sets of vents, 2 concrete walls, & a couple of good areas to get the hanging ledge takedown.

BiggD
10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
You know what else would've been nice? If all the challenges were a checklist of 15 things, instead of having to be unlocked one at a time.

I fucking wish this was the case. It's really annoying how even if you did Rank 10, but you're only on Rank 3, you still need to do Rank 10 again when you unlock it.

In case anyone is still having trouble with rank 6, like M1GHTY M4VS pointed out, the Deadshot encounter is a great place to unlock it. It's got 2 sets of vents, 2 concrete walls, & a couple of good areas to get the hanging ledge takedown.

I'd like to call bullshit on this. I did all the takedowns but the hanging ledge because there's no where in the room where you can do it.

mthodmn101
10-31-2013, 07:07 PM
I fucking wish this was the case. It's really annoying how even if you did Rank 10, but you're only on Rank 3, you still need to do Rank 10 again when you unlock it.

I'd like to call bullshit on this. I did all the takedowns but the hanging ledge because there's no where in the room where you can do it.

I did this on deadshot as well, you can do hanging ledge takedown by the explodable walls, there are these metal overhangs near them.

http://gyazo.com/308f01d5d57915a78520c5bfa43ada63.png

the metal part that is a little lower than the walkway that deadshot walks on.

KiDDo
10-31-2013, 09:09 PM
I did this on deadshot as well, you can do hanging ledge takedown by the explodable walls, there are these metal overhangs near them.

This! I've tried multiple times to get that takedown from the big walkway in the middle until I saw a video that shows it exactly from one of that meal overhangs. Worked out fine. But I think in AC it was easier to do that takedown, even from bigger walkways...

BiggD
10-31-2013, 11:44 PM

Jesus Christ. I completely disregarded those. I noticed them and thought, "nah that wouldn't work." Because there's it looked to me as though there was no space under the metal grates for Batman to knock them out with his feet during the animation.

Now I'm upset, lol. I probably would have had the Worst Nightmare track done if I did Rank 6's Challenge in that room.

KiDDo
11-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Now I'm upset, lol. I probably would have had the Worst Nightmare track done if I did Rank 6's Challenge in that room.
So, how many predator rooms are still to come after that? I did rank 6 in that room with Deadshot. Now I'm about to head to the GCPD to follow Bane... Maybe I can get that track done on my first playthrough then...

mthodmn101
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM
So, how many predator rooms are still to come after that? I did rank 6 in that room with Deadshot. Now I'm about to head to the GCPD to follow Bane... Maybe I can get that track done on my first playthrough then...

theres a few after that... i got to rank 9