PDA

View Full Version : Mod Contest

KewlBrettC
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I was thinking that you guys should have a contest, and the winner becomes a new mod.

But it's not a give away.

Heres what i was thinking:

2 Weeks
Whoever Donates the most wins.
So it helps the site, and gets you a new mod.

Tussell
02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Bad idea.
Plus, you wouldn't win. :p

Anyways, I don't think that's a good way to go about picking out a new person to have the responsibility of a mod...

Impulse
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
A random rich guy could register and donate 1000 USD.. would you trust him to mod the site?

Watson bros
02-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Good point.
Go Hartlepool!!!
xD

Minty
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
You mean like the Apprentice contest we ran last year???

And we would never do it on who donates the most. We have to work with the person. And say for example, stripclubdj donated the most. Over my dead body would he ever become a mod.

If someone cared about the site that much, they'd either already be a subscriber, or already be a mod

Bax x360a
02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
You mean like the Apprentice contest we ran last year???

And we would never do it on who donates the most. We have to work with the person. And say for example, stripclubdj donated the most. Over my dead body would he ever become a mod.

If someone cared about the site that much, they'd either already be a subscriber, or already be a mod
Ah not fair, I care about the site immensely but am neither due to not being asked for the position and not enough funds to be a subscriber.
But to the original post, its a terrible idea. You'd end up with some Rich person who knows jack all about running a website.

Minty
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, sorry my post came out wrong.

People that have roles in the site (im including Review team here :p) have shown their willingness to work hard and their dedication to the site. Its not a financial thing (Webby and Krazie dont donate money as a subscription, just in time etc. And me and Webby spend a fortune going to events now as well, he'll get pissed if I make him sound cheap lol). Financial help is always good, but we understand not everyone is in a position to donate, and we dont expect them to.

At the end of the day tho, staff are made up of people who contribute to the site over a long period of time. Just on a random donation would never work- we dnt know who the people are, and we dont know if theyd be the sort of people we would want on the team. We may do another Apprentice competition in the future, who knows? (Apart from me :p)

xX MaslaN Xx
02-02-2008, 12:15 AM
lol even if you did "BUY" your way if you fucked up once they would just bann you ass

Minty
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Nobody gets banned for one thing, unless its major. And subscribing doesn't buy immunity.... we don't run like Congress over here

MapleMire
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Nobody gets banned for one thing, unless its major. And subscribing doesn't buy immunity.... we don't run like Congress over hereMinty, how do you become a mod?

Impulse
02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Minty, how do you become a mod?

He's just told you if you read his post..

KewlBrettC
02-02-2008, 12:53 AM
just was suggesting it. lol. you guys are freaking out over here.

Sanction
02-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I liked the X360A Apprentice last year, twas' fun to watch.

Round 2 this year! :O

PerpetualHeaven
02-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Minty, how do you become a mod?

Like everyone has said.. if you have to ask then you probably won't become one. Most of the new staff won from the apprentice and all of us worked our asses off. Saucy Armadillos was going to take it all but the other team got lucky. :p

Look at guys like Ash3n and JDM who are our newest fellows. Their contributions are endless. Ash3ns contributions in terms of graphics has been astounding. JDM has been super active, helpful, and posts a lot of great news.

It's tough to become one especially when you're competing for a spot to the likes of JDM and Ash3n.