PDA

View Full Version : Favourite moment of your gaming life.

Watson bros
02-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi everybody, i've made this to see whats your favourite moment of your gaming life, just interesting to see what people come up with ^.^
personally for me, it has to be, When you complete Gears Of War,and the lightmass bomb begins to systematically destroy the locust stroonghold, i find this really satsisfying due to the twist at the end, promising Gears Of War 2

PerpetualHeaven
02-03-2008, 07:43 PM
For me, it's when Legend of Dragoon was released and I received it for my birthday. Still my favourite RPG to date.

Kazdan
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
The whole Final Fantasy VII experience. I was like 9 years old when I got the game. I could barely understand english back then, but that didn't stop me from playing it. I've beat it like 20 times total, done everything there is to do. Still my favourite game of all time.

Sanction
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Probably Christmas 1996 when I opened my Playstation 1. Greatest day of my life [so far].

Kaner99999
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
My favourite gaming moment is when the 360 was released i was forced to wait until my birthday to open it (23 Days) and it was left sitting in front of me.
The day i finally opened it was my best gaming moment!

Watson bros
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
i had to do that, two months knowing i had an xbox, and couldn't do it so annoying.

Bax x360a
02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Probably sleeping over at my best mates house everynight back in '98 playing Fifa World Cup non-stop on the N64. Ahhh memories...

daewezzy
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
All nighters of 4 player Goldeneye, SSB, and Perfect Dark back when I was a kid.

Tussell
02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
For me, it's when Legend of Dragoon was released and I received it for my birthday. Still my favourite RPG to date.
I couldn't agree anymore! So many people don't know about that game.

Anywho, as sad and as much as I hate to admit it, I think two of my favorite gaming moments would be related to Halo. When I got Halo 2 on launch/release hour, and when I lined up outside at Gamestop for Halo 3.

Bax x360a
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM

Anywho, as sad and as much as I hate to admit it, I think two of my favorite gaming moments would be related to Halo. When I got Halo 2 on launch/release hour, and when I lined up outside at Gamestop for Halo 3.
You enjoy wasting your time? Other than the aforementioned footy with an old friend, just had one of the best gaming moments tonight. A fierce battle, Brother vs Brother, Mortal Kombat 3. Both of us on danger, and therefore one more hit to win the game. I swear we were both jumping around the room in anticipation. Tense stuff, and I lost :mad: Saw the funny side afterwards though, was an awesome game.

Ben Sharpe
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
The first time i played the Legend Of Zelda: OT :D

Tussell
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
You enjoy wasting your time? Other than the aforementioned footy with an old friend, just had one of the best gaming moments tonight. A fierce battle, Brother vs Brother, Mortal Kombat 3. Both of us on danger, and therefore one more hit to win the game. I swear we were both jumping around the room in anticipation. Tense stuff, and I lost :mad: Saw the funny side afterwards though, was an awesome game.
What else was I going to do? It was an excuse to chill with my buddies, get out of the house, get a game on release that I know I was going to get anyways, get a chance to get a gift card at GameStop, got free energy drinks, etc. Oh yeah, and they have a Taco Bell across from my GameStop so I got some of that too.

The Halo 3 launch really wasn't that bad.

Tatanko
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
All nighters of 4 player Goldeneye, SSB, and Perfect Dark back when I was a kid.
Same here, those are times I will never forget.

To those talking about Legend of Dragoon, I LOVED THAT GAME. I still have it! I just played it last week on my PS2. Very underrated game with a great story.

Laufton_13
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
My favorite moment would probably be when me and my buddy James first played Morrowind, we spent literally a whole summer playing that game beating it in new ways the next summer we played Fable which was a good game it just didn't seem half as good as Morrowind we ended up bored and playing new games but still, good times

Infected Z
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Too many for me, but some of the highlights would be when I first played Resident Evil or when I first played Half Life 2, then when I played Couter Strike: Source. But I don't really have a favorite, since each build up to a new cool game is always exciting like the week before it comes out. But probably the best release was Bioshock, I could not wait for it.

Sweet666Kraven
02-04-2008, 04:19 AM

I third that. Dragoon was an amazing game.

puryear
02-04-2008, 04:22 AM
Buying my own Xbox and Xbox 360, and beating all three Halos on legendary.

Fonkey Monkey
02-04-2008, 04:24 AM
this is so easy for me. it was when i finished paying off my 4th house and i got my little bronze statue (Animal Crossing). i was giddy with joy nothing has even come close to that yet and i doubt it ever will.

willcrazyiii
02-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Anything with Max Payne. Why will they not make a Max Payne 3?

Luckbox
02-04-2008, 06:27 AM
I would have to go with either Legend of Zelda: OT, which I think is one of the best games ever...or...actually definitely the 100+ hours I put into Final Fantasy 7. There has never been another game that I was completely devoted to since then

Infected Z
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Anything with Max Payne. Why will they not make a Max Payne 3?

Max Payne 3... how I would cry tears of joy if they anounced that!

Laufton_13
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Max Payne 3... how I would cry tears of joy if they anounced that!
They're working on Alan Wake instead, but after they're done they may do a third and hopefully final one

Bax x360a
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
What else was I going to do? It was an excuse to chill with my buddies, get out of the house, get a game on release that I know I was going to get anyways, get a chance to get a gift card at GameStop, got free energy drinks, etc. Oh yeah, and they have a Taco Bell across from my GameStop so I got some of that too.

The Halo 3 launch really wasn't that bad.
The launch sounds awesome by your description; just a shame about the game!

Nightdragon
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
For me it was getting my Playstation 1 back in 1998. I had many a good time on that thing, and it made me gain an interesting in gaming as a whole.

From then i went to PC gaming, and i now reside on my fabulous xbox. All thanks to Xmas, and seeing FF8 in the newspaper ;)

eXyle
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
For me while I was about 10, and I gamed every day with 3 mates with each their own Gameboy with Pokemon Red or Blue, was great :)

Daywalker-san
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Seeing the Companion Cube alive at the end of Portal, and yes, there was cake

Matrarch
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I have two.

First, beating my brother at Tetris. It meant I could actually take a turn at the video games since clearly kid sister was now cognitively able enough to play them. :)

Second was my whole Final Fantasy 2 (US) experience. I was... 10 I think when it came out and it was the first game I bought with money I earned (from doing chores and such). Just playing through the whole adventure was amazing to me. A game like a storybook... that was doable. Course now I don't restrict myself to RPGs, but it was FFII that started the penchant for getting games of my own, not just sharing them with my brothers. :)

Steelhead
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
When I opened my birthday gift in 1980 to find my 1st console...an Atari.

Infected Z
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
They're working on Alan Wake instead, but after they're done they may do a third and hopefully final one

Yeah I know, Alan Wake looks amazing aswell, can't wait for it to be out just to see what they will do next.

Z3R0 S1X
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Umm.... I have a few. Beating Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past in one sitting so it says I beat it in zero games. Beating Super Metroid in one hour and thirty minutes. All the times I spent playing Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Halo with my friends. Doing EVERYTHING in Final Fantasy 7, including beating Ruby/Emerald Weapons. There are others, but those come to mind first. Its' been fun playing, hopefully I can continue to persue the hobby.

wrx06sti
02-04-2008, 05:18 PM
When i had the chance to play Gilbert Arenas in NBA2K7

which i lost by 33 points

KolMartin229
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Catching legendaries in Pokemon
Any part of Final Fantasy 7 or 8
Mile High Club on Veteran =P

JD FTW
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
waiting in line for 2 hours in the cold, finally got in the shop i saw everybody leaving with the regular game. i got up to the till and said "hi, i have a game reserved under Mr. Houghton" 3 mins later i was sat in the middle of the shop holding a Master Chief helmet with a croud of people asking to hold it. its the first time a croud of people wanted to play with my helmet LOLZ :P

Watson bros
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
A master chief helmet? Where'd you get one of those?

JD FTW
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
i didnt just buy the helmet, i meant when i bought my legendary edition of halo 3, the games come in the helmet. you cant wear it, but that didnt stop me trying lolz

CR JD92
02-04-2008, 10:51 PM
My fav experiance would have to be my time playing Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox on live, had tons of friends and a great clan.

austin rules
02-04-2008, 10:59 PM
when i was about 6 i always used to play Mario Party (the first and original one) on the Nintendo 64. My dad would always play me and beat and then laugh at me... then after about 50 losses i kicked his ass and ever since he has never beat me in a game no matter what it was

Evarist0 X
02-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I dunno I've had many cool moments, but prbly my most recent one and one of the best ones was on uhmm i think August 28th when i bought my 360.

Darth Heyburt
02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Final Fantasy VII, when every character joined in unison and agreed to fight Sephiroth. Shiver down the spine moment...

Also finally getting Mile High Club... Creamed.

carnage_06
02-04-2008, 11:55 PM
when i got my first gaming console ever...Sega Mega drive :P played sonic 2 for hours on end hehe

zdarko43
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I had lost my gaming appetite quite a bit, for a long long time. I would pick up and play an hour of kotor here or there. Then I decided to upgrade to a 360.

Gaming was less than normal, maybe putting in 2-3 hours every 2 weeks. Then I met GoW. At first, I didn't fall in love. It took a month or two, and when I began to truly play the game, I realized just how badass it was.

Great all around game. It got me back into gaming. ;)

badgerodoom
02-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Cheating in pokemon red and blue, getting all of my pokemon to level 99. Then raising one to 99 by hand, and owning my friends with it because it owned so much. After that, i found the glitch to get Snorlax to level 256 or something. Anyway, pokemon was the greatest ever.

Vista
02-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Cheating in pokemon red and blue, getting all of my pokemon to level 99. Then raising one to 99 by hand, and owning my friends with it because it owned so much. After that, i found the glitch to get Snorlax to level 256 or something. Anyway, pokemon was the greatest ever.

Second that. I pwned n00bz in Pokemon Red!!!!! I used to connect my GB to other kids and own them!!!

drakehellsing
02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Playing the old Sega Mega Drive, now those were good times for me, I enjoyed it playing on it, games like Sonic the Hedgehog, Two Crude Dudes, Alex the Kid, etc, etc....that brings back memories.

As well as later on, getting my own PS1 for my birthday along with Spyro the Dragon and Tekken 2 on it.....too bad the laser got buggered up later on, so I got rid of it.....since it was rather expensive to get it replaced, and that there really was no point in doing so, since not many PS1 are out anymore, more or less, no new ones anymore.

But yeah, those were really my more favourite moments in my gaming life ^^

vhayste
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
My favorite moments are not just limited to individual gaming moments. Basically, completing the game and knowing the complete story behind the game are my favorite moments.

JD FTW
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
when i was about 6 i always used to play Mario Party (the first and original one) on the Nintendo 64. My dad would always play me and beat and then laugh at me... then after about 50 losses i kicked his ass and ever since he has never beat me in a game no matter what it was

LOLZ, yeah, the point when you start to kick your dads ass at every game is a big moment as a child gamer, atm im tryin to teach my dad to play FPS but he cant use the analogue sticks, he keeps looking at his feet lmao

Nazgul0X
02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Resident Evil 2 for me...i played it when i was 8 or 9 and that game really scared the "s h i t" out of me,i could not sleep at night but i still kept playing it and finished it like 5 times. good old days...:p

bxbomber
02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Simply put, the opening in Gears of War. Amazing.

Ben Sharpe
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I cant believe more people havent said about zelda on the N64

Oh and i thought of another, Sega Worldwide Soccer On the Sega Saturn me and my dad played it for about 3 years :)

daninthemix
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
There have been a few over the years.

I remember being amazed by Snatcher and Blast Corps on the Mega CD. That was the first console I played with CD audio and they used the sound to create an amazing atmosphere.

Ditto Descent on the first Playstation - such an amazing atmosphere.

Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3.

Final Fantasy III. Secret of Mana. Chrono Trigger. Donkey Kong Country.

Friday night Goldeneye sessions with friends.

Shadowman on N64.

Silent Hill 1 and 2.

Ah heck - there's been too many to count. Back was I was *seriously* into gaming I played over 200 Megadrive, 100 SNES, 300 PS1 games and many others.

That was when I was a student :D

forspeedn21
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
It was back in 1999 when i beat the Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time. Such an awesome game.

Watson bros
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Lol amazing.

Watson bros
02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Resident Evil 2 for me...i played it when i was 8 or 9 and that game really scared the "s h i t" out of me,i could not sleep at night but i still kept playing it and finished it like 5 times. good old days...:p

Yeh lol, that happened to me on Metal Gear Solid, Sons Of Liberty, when that vampire started killing all those marines, ripping throats, feeding etc.
Shit me up that did.

Infected Z
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Damn forgot about the first time I played Resi 2... man that was a great time for me, was scared fucking shitless aswell, but it made me want more.

Simply put, the opening in Gears of War. Amazing.

I forgot about that aswell, remember the first time i played Gears of War in 1080... was foaming at the mouth

ArmyOfPie
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Probably all my fond memories with my Super Nintendo and N64. I'll never forget playing through Super Mario World on my SNES with my brothers, it was one of the rare moments where we actually got along. :confused:

Moshambi
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
hitting lv200 in PSO about what...5 years ago...great times met lots of awesome people

KasualBeast
02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
they day i opened my n64 legend of zelda ocarina of time, diddy kong racing, and goldeneye. soooo bitchin

Watson bros
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Goldeneye was a great game, never completed it though. xD

GottiMafia
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Finally completing The Legend of Zelda OoT and watching all the characters dancing around in the credits, it was truly the first game i really poured everything into

v_thorne
02-07-2008, 02:22 AM
I have a few.

1. Being introduced to Silent Hill and beating them all
2. Unwrapping my PS2 at Christmas when I was 11 or 12
3. Waiting 1st in line at EB with my mom for the Wii (I know, it sounds lame, but I don't get to see her often, and it was something fun we did together)

Also when I was young my dad would play Mortal Kombat 2 with me on Genesis, and he'd always fatality me into the acid pool, I respected him for that lol.

Also, sitting with my then-bestfriend just about everyday and playing every console from Nintendo to PS1 with him. Ahh, the good ol' days of Street Fighter, Mario, Beast Wars, and Goldeneye.

And challenging my cousin to a game of N64 Tony Hawk 1 where we used our feet because we were just that damn good :p

Otisbum
02-07-2008, 02:33 AM
If it were just one moment:
-Collecting all 151 Pokemon in the red version (Got Mew from a guy who got it from a guy who got it from...).

Some others:
-Completing Pokemon Snap (N64) Seriously, Pokemon games were the shiz back in the day.
-Beating Star Fox 64 more than 5 times in one day.
-Getting 'Marathon Man' after multiple tries.

Obviously the N64 was my most used system, since I'm more proud of the stuff I've done with it. That and I suck at most 360 stuff, so I don't have much to be proud of. ;)

Beastly God6000
02-07-2008, 03:43 AM
My best times playing video games was during the period of time in which the first 3 spyro the dragon games came out on PS1. Those games were the best and are still my all-time favorites.

DocRevolt
02-07-2008, 04:20 AM
The day my parents caved when I was little and let me get a PS1. Ever since I've been hooked on gaming =D

MadMartign
02-07-2008, 04:26 AM
I would have to say it was when I beat final fantasy II or the day I got my regular nintendo for X-mas :)

DarkPyroGuy_09
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Buying my 360. :Angel That was the proudest moment i my gaming life.

HxS F4T4L1TY
02-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Favorite gaming moment, huh? Wow. That's a tough one. I suppose it would be a tie between the time I beat Secret of Mana for SNES and all the co-op I did with my brother across all those Dynasty Warriors games.

:AR15@ Lu Bu! Graawwwrrr!

Royle
02-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Playing on WWF:Just Bring It all night with a mate and getting all of the character :D ohhhh that was the good life.

ADAMAKOS GR
02-08-2008, 06:07 PM
my best moment was when i played my first video game in my pc
it was karateka in a 286, 16Mhz with 1 mb ram and a 20mb hdd

ancient history but i will never forget it:)

DeathWish93
02-09-2008, 07:06 PM
25th December, 2006 - the day i got my 360
or a few days before chrismas 07 when i got my first 1000 GS in a game ( Halo 3 )

kantizuni
02-09-2008, 07:08 PM
When I finally beat Might & Magic II on a black and white Mac Classic.
...I thought i'd never finish that game... :(

The Current
02-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Recently its been completing COD4 on veteran. The last 5 minutes of the final mission is epic.

Fragmeat666
02-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I've been giving this some thought, I can't pinpoint my favorite moment, but these are some of them:

1. Playing deathmatch in Doom (PC) for the first time (around '94)

2. Knocking out Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on NES :)

3. Finishing Super Metroid on SNES, still one of my all-time favs

4. Winning a clan match for the first time with my Quake2 clan back in '98

5. 34 wins in a row in Marvel vs. Street Fighter in my college campus arcade and being called cheap for using Chun Li and Hulk :D

6. Going through the newbie levels (1-40) of World of Warcraft (the time before being in a guild felt more like a job instead of playing a game with your buddies).

7. Unwrapping my Xbox360, Christmas '06. My first game was Gears of War. I remember playing the first time and thinking, "I don't think I'll ever play another game on PC again."

Watson bros
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Those are all different types of sport teams form new york?

T FUNK 1984
02-11-2008, 12:04 AM
My best moment is either:

1. The first time I ever beat my brother at Mortal Kombat. He has about 10 years on me so always won but the first time I beat him he stormed off and didn't talk to me for days. I was about 8, he was about 18.

2. My first games on xbox live. Up until then I had only played a handfull of games online as I didnt have the internet at my place. Played PES6, lost 2-0 but from that day on been hooked on it!

Dothis
02-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Beating Ruby Weapon for the first time in FFVII, as well as putting a hurtin' on all forms of Sephiroth, and watching the ending.

The first time I plugged in my PS2 and heard the waves hitting the beach.

Beating Free Bird on Hard with 98% accuracy. (Still my best score to date.)

Plopping my nickname into my 360, and knowing that it was mine.

Well, he left out the Bills, Jets, and the Yanks, but yeah.

scuffdog65
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
getting my 360

Fragmeat666
02-16-2008, 06:43 AM
Yup :)

Mets - Baseball
Giants - American Football
Knicks *sigh*- Basketball
Rangers - Hockey

DAViiDxKiLLAx
02-16-2008, 09:42 PM
When me and my friend raped so bad in swords in halo! :P

My friend spawned an got Killionaire!! :eek::eek::eek:
LOL!

P.S. We were playing on a super small map (Stickball)

PhantomNemesis
02-16-2008, 10:14 PM
SO many ones I could go on all night... Well, here's a few:

1. When I beat a raid dungeon with my mates in World of Warcraft, the chat was filled to the brim for a while when it happened.

2. Completing Goldeneye and Zelda Ocarina of Time, some of my favourite games.

3. Playing Sonic the Hedghog on the Genesis, and Pokemononj Game Boy, they were just the best back then.

4. Playing Metal Gear Solid and just watching some of those cutscenes, so damn great.

5. First time I played FEAR, first real horror game I played, my God I was so scared!

6. Playing Rainbow Six Rogue Spear over and over on the airplane level.

7. Watching the endings to Mass Effect and CoD4, wow, just wow.

8. Devil May Cry 4 right now, just over halfway and I'm loving the story, cutscenes, everything.

Lord of Fate
02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Hands-down for me: The first time I played Grand Theft Auto III, the first 3D GTA. Jaw-dropped to the floor

Pieface
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Probably coming home at around the age of 6 and seeing the brand new Sega Saturn underneath our 22" TV Downstairs :P. Played it for ages and ages, still got it actually somewhere.

Kinneshi
02-16-2008, 11:21 PM
The day I beat Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Genesis at age 7. :P

Agent Earl
02-18-2008, 05:44 AM
when i got my 360.
it was around release date so all the stores were out of stock and i just happened to be walking around target and they were loading them on the shelves so i went over and grabbed one from the guy, so great :woop:

MapleMire
02-18-2008, 05:53 AM
my favorite gaming moment was when i unlocked a trophy's and all characters in Super Smash Bros Melee

drdreminem
02-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Beating The Lion King on my sega since you had to beat it one playthrough no saves or passwords. Very, very satisfying:woop:

zero2324
02-21-2008, 04:04 AM
The best gaming moment was playing with family and friends at super smash brothers melee all night on new years 06-07.

ste111
02-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Compliting COD 4 on veteren yea :D

M85A21
02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Just playing the MGS series and completing EVERY single Resident Evil 100%.

nosher
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
completing vegas on realistic

Goodboy33
02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
It was my birthday, the day Rock Band came out. My cousin Josh just got back from Europe from his two month tour and his brother Jake just got Rock Band. I dismissed my brother and I from school at about 10am and we played Rock Band until we were ranked #1 on the leaderboards.

dm master
02-24-2008, 07:54 PM
not sure about the BEST but a pretty damn good one was when i was playing ranked matches with my mate and he was going for his headshot achivement and i got 2 headshots in a row with the troika lol, then he got payback and took one of my downs and got his execution achivement :) lol

x McGrim x
02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Legend of Dragoon WAS an awesome game. I remember playing the demo that came with my PS1, then rushing to the store the next week to pick up it, Crash Bandicoot 1, and Spyro 1.

Jicholls
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Got the first xbox one christmas with halo on the top of it.

eraser halo 08
02-25-2008, 01:40 AM
I have quite a few I can think of (got my NES when I was 5 in 1989) but the favorite that comes to mind is beating Chrono Trigger, because it was my first RPG I had ever played and I fell in love with the genre. From there it went to FF3 (US), and so on and so on. Beating the weapons in Final Fantasy VII was pretty sweet too.

gskillz99
02-25-2008, 01:44 AM
this is not the best but it just happended recently. I shot one torque bow shot in gears of war. it stuck to one guy and he ran behind a one and all i see is a explosion behind the wall and my name pop up three times on the right. i think that retard ran into his teammates so i got 3 kills

Hungludo
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
it has to be finale fantasy 7 the best game ive ever played its brill the combo of being at school wen it came out was brill because i could talk to my m8s about it and i love doing that.

i like the RPG's that have come out but they dont compair it my little gem.

:)

iceman8489
02-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Beating Final Fantasy VII and i really wish i would have beaten FF8 but the damn 3rd disc was broken

Kmoney roc
02-26-2008, 09:45 AM
So many.....

As a kid i guess spending saturdays playing Goldeneye 4 player on the N64.

As an Adult *Cough* *Cough* i guess taking the week off work for the 360 Release and queing outside game at 5am ready for the early opening. aaahhhh

Lordvader178
02-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Facing Vergil for the final battle in DMC3. He was so insanely hard, but knowing the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Also playing mass effect. it wasnt the gameplay but it was the cutscenes. They gave you a sense of "Wow.........so prettiful......so.........oh the universe is about to be destroyed........hah......".

Oh and pokemon red is an unforgettable experience :p.

oO Hippie Oo
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
The day I gave my copy of Halo 3 to my friend for Christmas last year, I never have to face that excruciatingly bad game again.

Jahmuz
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Getting my first level 99 Pokemon on Pokemon blue when I was about 5.
I couldn't stop jumping up and down. :p

Shaun Cee
02-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I was happy when i got my first 1000 gamerscore on Fight Night Round 3 lol I was also happy when I finnished GTA San Andreas without using any cheats in 3 weeks after it was released :)

GaZ
02-27-2008, 10:31 PM
When i beat all the WR in Mario and Sonic at the olympics.

jarhead1990
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
MGS3 final boss battle, it's beautiful.

Among other times..

cubby520
02-28-2008, 01:49 AM
It would have to be when I got my final achievement for Condemned. Id been trying and trying and I finaly got my first complete game. Yeh it was only 970 Points total for the game, but now im trying for one that is 1000

Omega Deez
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
My favorite moment is the day I ran back a kickoff to win a game in Joe Montana football on the Sega Genesis against a friend. That was the begining of a win streak that has lasted for about 16 years lol. Damn I'm old

baby jamie
03-03-2008, 03:49 PM
theres a few

finishing every resi evil

Final fantasy 7 and 9 both legendary games completed both 2 or 3 times they were that good.

picking up and playing gears of war.. never had a x box was a playstation man, won a 360 and gears and never looked back

still rate gears as the best game ver played.

and also converting 3 friends to x box 360 from gaystation 3 :woop:

loudjake
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
for me it has to be on gta: san andreas at the end when the fire enigne topples off the bridge

Keano
03-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Probably getting xbox 360. All the consoles I had before that weren't very impressive.

:uzi:

o Rebelz x
03-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Getting My 360 Plugging It In Opening It Out Of The OLD Xbox 360 Box *Not The Updated One ( Im GettingThe Red Ring Soon :p ) But Still That Was A Great Moment !

Steve IOW
03-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Seeing Aeries die in ff7 she annoyed the hell out of me :P

xbox360king
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
well its got to be when i got my xbox 360!

Kinneshi
03-04-2008, 08:45 PM
"Tank beats ghost. Tank beats hunter. Tank beats everything."

That's lame. But it's true, but it's because now I knew what the hell my friends were talking about.

BackerMan
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Here's list of my favorite moments of my gaming life...

- Got (first console) Sega Genesis with Sonic at age 10.
- Playing first Mortal Kombat with friends on Sega Genesis every day after school and the finishing moves was awesome.
- Completed Final Fantasy 7, the best of all FF series and still today.

ankle_spawn
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM

geez man! i cant believe somebody remenber LoD! it was the 1st RPG i felt i need to complete (i hate rpgs) and i enjoyed it all like a baby.
btw, the only other rpg i played thru is FFX. i got bored of ffVII during disc 2 :S ok ok, now slaughter me :D

but i think my best gaming moment was during my first resident evil playthru, on pc unfortunately. or maybe the everlasting sessions of kick-off on the amiga, alone or with friends. cant decide :)

Skillet
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Pilot Wings.

Fucking... PILOT WINGS.

Oh, and finally beating Ganon in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

J O 12 D
03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
After straight boosting for over 19 hours on Gears of War to finally get the Seriously achievement when the revive achievement popped up aswell :)

Note: I was actually scared that Seriously wouldn't pop but it did ;)

Prius Owner
03-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Long time ago, I won a tournament at a local blockbuster with NBA Jam, Clay Fighters and Turtles Tournament Fighters. Then went on and did okay with other winners in the state.

But the bets moments are when my brother and I set up bets with each other. Currently we have a monthly sim city bet with revolving categories. Trying to talk him into getting a 360. Gamerscore bets would be so much fun.

FoxTenson
03-06-2008, 06:49 AM
It's hard to say, for playing games I'd say beating arc the lad 2, the story and ending were like nothing before and spectacular.

Otherwise I'd have to say finding a never opened copy of super 3d Noah's Ark, still mint from the day it was made, for $2 at a thrift store. Being a game collector it was gold, worth hundreds of dollars! Now if I can only convince my friend to give me his world championship cart from when he was in the nintendo tournament...

Eurion
03-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Pfew that's a tough one.

I can think up at least three or four awesome moments I've had.

Half-Life 1: Crawling through the air ducts in the middle of the night with my flashlight and jumping to the other side of the room when a headcrab jumped at me. I missed a side part in the duct of course so didn't expect that. Awesome moment :)

Splinter Cell 1: Assassinating the president after listening in on his conversation and then getting the hell out of there.

Battlefield 1942: Can't remember the map but it was the one with the aircraft carrier and the small island. I drove an anti-air truck up against a small hill so it was at an angle and started blasting away at the planes. I then saw a plane lining up to attack but took it out. It took about another second for to realise that even though i'd basically shot it down, I still wasn't done yet. So, I jumped out of the truck (I was jumping around behind my desk as well), ran like hell and turned around to see... ... the shot down plane crash straight into the anti-air truck which then exploded. Now that was totally awesome!

And in more recent times while playing Halo 3 on Legendary with my little brother. Parking a Warthog with gunner a bit up ahead so he could take pot shots at the Brutes and then I started running back to get a Brute Chopper. It was the Tsavo Highway level. While running back for the Chopper and my little brother I hear the marine in the Warthogg yell: "I love this job". So I turn around to take a look whether he's gunning down Brutes only to see a shot from a plasma tank hit the Warthogg which then blew up sending the marine flying. I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes after that. 'He loved his job' :)

Ahh, the sweet, sweet memories :)

ClutchPapi34
03-07-2008, 01:18 AM
This would have to be the first time I played the origianal Halo's multiplayer at a friends house. Then, I went out and bought an xbox. If it weren't for Halo, I would probably own a PoS3, not a 360.

hodgy
03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
my favourite moment is the frist time i got a gears of war head shot or chainsaw:uzi:

b3nnyth3gr33k
03-07-2008, 03:53 PM
My Greatest Moment In My Gaming Life Time Is Completing Oblivion Not 1000 Gamerscore 900 Im On About Main Story
Getting 500 Orbs On Crackdown
My First 1000 Gamerscore Off A Game
Cabelas African Safari Which I Had To Complete On Easy
Then Expert Then Normal To Get The Achievments
And Getting To Rank 1 Single Player Pgr4
Halo 1 2 3 On Legendary
:ar15

Watson bros
03-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Some really good achievements there mate, well done.

Stinkyf1re
03-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Halo 3 launch.

I was the first one in line starting at 530 pm. I didnt care how long i had to wait. I had my car with a perfect parking spot right in front of the store, and a nice lawn chair. I had told everyone i was going to be the first one with Halo3. When midnight got close, the line had grown to over 200 people wrapped around the block!!! I had people coming up to me and asking how long i'd been waiting, and everyone was talking about "the guy in the halo jacket is first in line" haha. Luckily i can say that my girlfriend bought me the jacket. When they finally opened the doors, i was the first person out with the Halo3 legenary edition. Everyone started cheering and clapping and honestly it was a great moment, they all started shouting for me to hold up the helmet, so i did. Right when i did the local press snapped a photo and the next morning THIS: was on the front page of the paper

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/Stinkyf1re/theDM.jpg

Blind x360a
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
They spelled helmet wrong :p

Stinkyf1re
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
They spelled helmet wrong :p

yes i know haha :)

J O 12 D
03-07-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/Stinkyf1re/theDM.jpg

That's pretty cool, i've only been in the news once when schools finally brought out student councils in the UK.

Sir Xazor
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
back at around xmas 1996, i never heard of ps1 till i opened it on xmas day and resident evil 1 combo with other 3 games...i think megaman 8, crash, and that purple ninja game...BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE...

when i play resident evil for first time, I couldnt hold the controller good when i think something is going to happen. I think it would bite me or kill me... xD

J eVeRy DaY 514
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
this is a hard question. i have a lot. here's my order from best to not as best, but still awesome.
1.) when me and my brothers recieved N64 w/ Blitz & Starfox for christmas one year.
2.) selling back all my old ps2/gamecube/xbox shit and purchasing my 360!!!
3.) beating through final fantasy 10
4.) beating through ninja gaiden on very hard
5.) playing my first XBL match of CoD 2

i can actually go on and on...

x dArK cHrIs x
03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
when the ps1 was out i played final fantasy 7 for hours on end levelling up, and the most satisfying thing was i was levelled up so high at about 350 game hours i just walked over the last boss.

KasualBeast
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
right on christmas when i got my n64 and legend of zelda banjo kazooie and diddy kong racing. BALLLAAHHH, i will never like video games that much ever again

nny138
03-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Finishing the original tomb raider. i got it for my birthday and played it all day everyday for close to a week- getting all the secrets. It was the first real 3D based game i had played and was in love with it~

hellview
03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Probly being 1st inline for Halo3 and upon Recieving it Sang the Tune ' ahh ahh ahh ahh oow' and being cheered, oh what a night :) i still have the receipt blutacked on my wall 00:01 ;)

Khaos
03-10-2008, 12:19 AM
1st
April 27th, 1986
NES System with Mario/Duck hunt double pack

2nd
Summertime, about 6 years ago. Pepsi was having a deal where you got like a point on each soda, then more points on a 12 pack, and such. I was running a gas station by an airport, and I had all the guys working the rental car places, as well as a bunch of customers, plus myself at the store collecting the codes for me. I ended up with my first xbox, plus 2 starter xbl packs, plus a plethora of random crap.

Homemade pyramid schemes FTW

XxArmeddyxX
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
1st
April 27th, 1986
NES System with Mario/Duck hunt double pack

2nd
Summertime, about 6 years ago. Pepsi was having a deal where you got like a point on each soda, then more points on a 12 pack, and such. I was running a gas station by an airport, and I had all the guys working the rental car places, as well as a bunch of customers, plus myself at the store collecting the codes for me. I ended up with my first xbox, plus 2 starter xbl packs, plus a plethora of random crap.

Homemade pyramid schemes FTW

Haha i have so much respect for you :woop:

My first most memorable moment was back on ye olde Ps2 when i got Final Fantasy X and i was watching the opening FMV and glorying in the graphics.

Probably my second was playing my first 360 game, it was Gears btw, and i did the 'roadie run' for the first time. The way the camera shifted and everything got all detailed and blurry at the same time, lol it was an epiphany:omg

Dog Of Thunder
03-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Deargod, so many moments were from the 360 or the last generation of consoles. My favorite moment would be playing Final Fantasy 6 on the SNES for the first time. So many moments in that game to choose from that just blew my mind back then. The Opera scene for one, was great, but so was the escape from Figaro towards the beginning. Man, I loved that game.

Pez
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Back when I was playing Final Fantasy VIII, I was introduced with Zell, who is now my favourite gaming character, EVAR!

I think I'll add my saddest gaming moment too. This one can have a spoiler though. It's about Final Fantasy X.

After playing through most of the game accompanied by Auron (coolest badass good guy ever), at the end of the game, you find out he is actually dead, as he passes on. I nearly cried.

Got a more recent saddest moment too. COD4 this one:

During the end mission when you're just about to kill Zakhaev (or however you sell it), most, if not all, of your team die. I nearly cried then too. Gaz was a legend.

XxArmeddyxX
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Back when I was playing Final Fantasy VIII, I was introduced with Zell, who is now my favourite gaming character, EVAR!

I think I'll add my saddest gaming moment too. This one can have a spoiler though. It's about Final Fantasy X.

After playing through most of the game accompanied by Auron (coolest badass good guy ever), at the end of the game, you find out he is actually dead, as he passes on. I nearly cried.

Got a more recent saddest moment too. COD4 this one:

During the end mission when you're just about to kill Zakhaev (or however you sell it), most, if not all, of your team die. I nearly cried then too. Gaz was a legend.

Thank you! I'm glad someone else was pissed off about those! :drunk Seriously, Spoiler #2 pretty much comes outta nowhere and makes you want to break everything in the room lol

haveatyousnake
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
My favourite gaming moment has to be when i was playing Final Fantasy VIII and then completed it. This was my first RPG and i loved everything about it! Also the FFX ending got to me aswell.
Oh good ol' FF, they can never get old :)

WrottenSandwich
03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
When I sneaked out into the garage, about 2 weeks before Christmas, 100 years ago and opened my mom's trunk to her car and moved the blanket to see the side of the Atari 2600's box that I was getting. That started my gaming addiction. Longest 2 weeks of my life waiting for that Christmas day........ lmao every time I think about it.......