PDA

View Full Version : A should-be new rule.

Mystery Mango
02-04-2008, 07:05 PM
If you read about Spamming the posts here...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55533

I think that there should be a RULE that a post shoud be a minimum af "x" amount of sentences or "x" amount of words.

This is so that we can avoid posts like "First" or "cool" or "I agree".....etc. Those posts are unessary and an unfair/easy way to get your post count up.

So, I think there should be a poll and see if people agree with me about this possible new rule.

Also, Thank you The Pants Party for opening my eyes to this.

Shinobi273
02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I like the mods just infracting violators as they see fit. They use judgement on what they think should and should not be allowed on the forums.

Steelhead
02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
My first question would be...why would anyone want to get their post count up? I can understand gamerscore, but post count?

Shinobi273
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
My first question would be...why would anyone want to get their post count up? I can understand gamerscore, but post count?

Alot of users try to spam to get 100 of 250 posts to qualify for certain things like leaderboards and events. Once they get their 100 or 250 they often disappear.

Sanction
02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
There's already a 10 character requirement isn't there?

Mystery Mango
02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I like the mods just infracting violators as they see fit. They use judgement on what they think should and should not be allowed on the forums.

Ok but this would make the mods life much easier...

PLUS, they can put their time into more important things and not have to worry about people making crap posts just to get their post count up.

Don Manolo
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Ok but this would make the mods life much easier...

PLUS, they can put their time into more important things and not have to worry about people making crap posts just to get their post count up. Yea, if all you're going to say is cool or something like that, it's not really worth posting anyways right? So I have to say I think this is not a bad idea

J O 12 D
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Just tried what Sanction said but 10 letters is far to short in my opinion, I definitely think this would be a extremely good idea and would cut out the majority of spam posting.

At the moment 'I like this' would be allowed, very thoughtful post don't you think? No I wouldn't really say it was.

However, with this put in to atleast 15-20 words people would actually have to explain posts further for example, 'I think this idea would be a good addition to the forums as it would stop the majority of spams and they will all piss off'

Damn good idea! :)

Shinobi273
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Just tried what Sanction said but 10 letters is far to short in my opinion, I definitely think this would be a extremely good idea and would cut out the majority of spam posting.

At the moment 'I like this' would be allowed, very thoughtful post don't you think? No I wouldn't really say it was.

However, with this put in to atleast 15-20 words people would actually have to explain posts further for example, 'I think this idea would be a good addition to the forums as it would stop the majority of spams and they will all piss off'

Damn good idea! :)

Great. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A

Edit: How many letters should the minimum be?

The Pants Party
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, like mentioned there is the 10 character rule. Making a "word" minimum would be hard, because a word is usually determined by where the next space is, so someone could just do "c o o l" and the system might think that is four words.

To be honest, if I see a post like that on the forums, I just delete it. The only problem is that the news comments can only be deleted by Routine, and I'm not going to bother him every time someone does something retarded, so I just announced they would get an infraction.

Luckbox
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that anyone intelligent who understands that there is a 10 character minimum would know that those posts like 'cool' etc. are ridiculous. And anyone who tries to span in that manner probably wont stay for the amount of time it would take for them to qualify for the clans and leaderboards and stuff.

Mystery Mango
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
I think that anyone intelligent who understands that there is a 10 character minimum would know that those posts like 'cool' etc. are ridiculous. And anyone who tries to span in that manner probably wont stay for the amount of time it would take for them to qualify for the clans and leaderboards and stuff.

Thats not true, in fact thats why im suggesting this rule.

Like The Pants Party said, there are people who get the required "x" amount of posts so they can take part in a special event or something, then they quit.....or stop posting after that...

Blackjaw x
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I voted 'yes', but I think the character minimum should just be increased.
And people who have an excess of spam post should be dealt with... those posts deleted, and a harsh reminder given.
Take WeeChrissy for example, go to 'view all posts' by him and gape at their uselessness.

Minty
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Remember, someone has been banned for spamming the comments. And IP blocked them from seeing the site as well. So they have no x360a at all now. Just be careful ;)