PDA

View Full Version : Blog/Signature type thing

Cyrex
02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
alright while i have no idea if this has been suggested because i didn't really know what to search or what to even call it, But we should add a personal Maximum club for each person's profile, i do know that the Maximum clubs tell how many games someone has completed but it does not tell what those games are. This could be Something that the user updates for themselves and it just says which games they finished. This will keep the

Completed Retail
1)
2)
3)
4)
.... and so on

I personally have a list of stuff that i have done and special things that i have like butters does because i though it was very good and kept the signature short, but then have it be a link to the section in my profile with all my complete games, something like Pants Party's website that he made only part of the site

also we could have an area where people could keep their signature collection's or what signature's were made for them.

all of this would be to cut down sig's because some of them are getting over the top , i do report most of them but there are just way to many

- also i may edit this because i have a lot of idea's swimming around in my head with this thing and i don't feel like i got them all straight in this thread

Marx0r
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
This would look cool, but I think each member would have to run it himself. It wouldn't be possible to coordinate completion badges for 17000+ active members. If this could be a perk for subscribers or donors, to have their blog page that included completed games, that'd be cool.

Blackjaw x
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I don't see why not.
I'd love to brag about some of my completed games and whatnot, but it'd look ugly next to my signature.
The solution would be making it simple (ie: 30 completed retail), but then I feel like they may not know that those games were extremely challenging rather than being Eragon or something.

Sooo yeah, some new sections of a profile should be added such as this.

Cyrex
02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
don't mean to bump an old topic but i really thought that this is a good idea, plus i have some more to add to it because i have been thinking about it too

to what wooah said then people can do what i have in my profile and have the 7 completed Games, but it also be a link to their "completion page" so that people can click on it and go and see what games they have completed.

There can also be a link int he Maximum clubs so on the leader boards where it says that someone has completed 79 retail games it can link to their games completed rather than their profile.

Also add another place where people can keep extra signature's and gamercard's to get them our of Signature's

and yes this would have to be user operated because there is no way that staff members could do this

AlphaXGamerXDad
02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
If a page/section is made for displaying sigs, can we limit to a universal size, how big our forum sig can be? Maybe limit animated sigs to the special page as well.

ThunderStorm101
02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
If a page/section is made for displaying sigs, can we limit to a universal size, how big our forum sig can be? Maybe limit animated sigs to the special page as well.

If you want to display verious sigs but dont have the room you can always just post them in the Media forum sub thread, i dont think there is a need for a "special page" for them :)

,T/S101

KayTw0
02-15-2008, 07:14 PM
thats not a bad idea, i have only been active here for a week or two and the huge sigs are already starting to bother me