PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode

xfrancox
06-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Any idea what conditions you have to meet to get the Premium awards in Challenge mode?

The Editor
07-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok so far i got one of the Premium Rewards.I shot down about 10 Enemys in Arena Challenge Mode and after that a Boss will apear.Shoot him down and maybe another and you get the chance to fight vs a big boss.Beat him and you get the Achievement.

R3d Nemesis
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
this game isnt very clear on what you actually have to do to get the rewards. i just got my first premium reward in challange mode. i shot down 2 planes the the boss appered i killed him then i shot 4 more planes and another boss appered killed him then shot down antother 2-3 planes then the big boss appered kill him then land and end game. (inbetween shooting all the planes you will have to keep landing and restocking your ammo+fuel). once you have ended the game you will see a new menu has appered under strike mode that says "BIG BOSS". start that you only have the choice of 1 plane, kill him with it (he is good at evading missiles so try and get behind+closed to him then fire 1 at a time). congrats you have your first premium reward. dont know how you get the others cause ive been trying and trying and cant get another "BIG BOSS" if anyone knows please let us know!!!!

CenobiteSith
07-05-2006, 03:51 PM
just keep killing!!

i've shot down 70 boss and 35 big boss and had 3 extra missons/achievements, It seems to take forever, oh well off to do Hell mode now :(
http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/cenobitesith.png (http://live.xbox.com/member/cenobitesith)
Get your own Gamercard Sig (http://www.glop.org/gamercard/).

R3d Nemesis
07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
this game isnt very clear on what you actually have to do to get the rewards. i just got my first premium reward in challange mode. i shot down 2 planes the the boss appered i killed him then i shot 4 more planes and another boss appered killed him then shot down antother 2-3 planes then the big boss appered kill him then land and end game. (inbetween shooting all the planes you will have to keep landing and restocking your ammo+fuel). once you have ended the game you will see a new menu has appered under strike mode that says "BIG BOSS". start that you only have the choice of 1 plane, kill him with it (he is good at evading missiles so try and get behind+closed to him then fire 1 at a time). congrats you have your first premium reward. dont know how you get the others cause ive been trying and trying and cant get another "BIG BOSS" if anyone knows please let us know!!!!

Just done pretty much the same again and got the second premium reward

MacAarburger
07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
ok, here's my greatest tip:
use the f-22a only packet with the standard weapons. have your wingman pack a little more ;)
fly over to the individual corners and only shoot down those planes you want to unlock for VS mode. leave the rest to your wing while you are in STEALTH (digital to left and speed below 100) waiting for the next ones to show up.

why?
read for yourself: (just posted this on forums.xbox.com)

ok, something funny happened today. after playing for 3h i saved, got out and wanted to back up my current save game from slot 1 to my backup slot 2. saddly i exchanged 1 with 2 instead. i lost 30 F-15J shotdowns with this mistake. i did only get 1 boss at the end of this run.
so i reloaded the older savegame and restarted. this time only shooting down F-15Js leaving the rest to my wing. it took me 3 F-15Js in a row to spawn a boss and then directly after that a big boss showed up. so over all i had to shoot down 5 planes instead of the 30 before...
isn't that strange?
anyway... i have the last unlockable boss now and it unlocked also the premium 7 and 8 fights. NOT NUMBER 6.

did anyone find out more about number 6 than is written here? anyone ever tried to talk to those two japanese guys that have it?

the trick seems to be to have a run on one type of plane instead of just doing all the planes in an area and never sticking to one single type.

xX MaslaN Xx
07-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I keep running out of ammo here :( whats the best stuff to use?

Ratgax
08-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I've just killed several boses and a big boss, then I landed and exit game. But now, when I try to enter that BIG BOSS mode, I cant find it. Nothing new has appeared on my menu. Someone can help?