PDA

View Full Version : Gamertag links

RFT 123
02-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Why is my gamercard and a lot of others people's got a picture of somebody's gamertag called Analogue?

RoutineX
02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Hmm, seems like glop (where we hosted the cards) are still having some problems with them.

I've removed them for the time being, and we'll just have to create our own version so we can host it on our server in stead.

RFT 123
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Cool, I just thought that Iwas going insane, as it was linking to my GT, but the pic wasn't mine!

Vista
02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Hmm, seems like glop (where we hosted the cards) are still having some problems with them.

I've removed them for the time being, and we'll just have to create our own version so we can host it on our server in stead.

How about having the mini version of the ones on top of the page when you log in? Instead of 6 games we can do like 3 and make them a bit smaller.

http://gamercard.x360a.org/x360a/Vista%20x360a.png

EDIT: ^^ Like this one. just no words saying rep, score and zone (everyone knows what stars and the score mean ;)). It should just have our name, GS, rep, and the last 3 games we played.

ThunderStorm101
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
2 late i already ready made a new one ;)

so expect to see it soon i guess

,T/S101

Vista
02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
2 late i already ready made a new one ;)

so expect to see it soon i guess

,T/S101

lol, nevermind. Great job though on the new ones, they look awesome!

Blackjaw x
02-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I really like them, but I don't like the border to be honest.
It doesn't look good with the surrounding gray colour.
How about something like this:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8563/thingch2.png

ThunderStorm101
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
but I don't like the border to be honest.

there isnt a board on there to not like anyway:P

Its up to Routine, ill msg him to see what he says

,T/S101

X monkfish69 X
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Personally I liked the border that the poster above suggested. But that's just me adding my two penneth.

I do like the new gamercards though. Shame you cant see what the most recent games played are though..... If that can be changed, that would be cool. If not then I'll just shut the hell up !

Blackjaw x
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Nah I think Thunderstorm did it perfect, sleek simplicity is the best way to go.
The games played would cause too much clutter.
A border would make it a little better though and I'm pleased with the quick one I came up with so I think TS101 should make one like that.

X monkfish69 X
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Hell, so long as it works I'll be happy ! :D

razzleson
02-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Just want to put in my two cents. It should have a border.

Even a simple 1px black would do as it would distinguish it from the grey of the forum.

It's one of the only things on the page that DOESNT have a boarder, all the images do. And look at how nice the 1px black looks on the main gamertag at the top left :p

(this is a bit late as i just noticed the new ones)

Marx0r
02-06-2008, 05:43 AM
I doubt you could fit anything in there, but I would suggest you take out the zone and implement a way to put in the last game played. No one that I know of has actually set their zone intentionally.

Eternal
02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Just want to put in my two cents. It should have a border.

Even a simple 1px black would do as it would distinguish it from the grey of the forum.

It's one of the only things on the page that DOESNT have a boarder, all the images do. And look at how nice the 1px black looks on the main gamertag at the top left :p

(this is a bit late as i just noticed the new ones)

A thin black border would be nice on the GTs. ;)

ThunderStorm101
02-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Boarder is easier to do ill get on that later and agree that there should be one.

As for Last played games i dont agree with including them, its really not much point when you can use the ones that where made for your sigs

the icons take up 2 much room and would just clutter the whole thing

,T/S101

aussie_warrior117
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
The new gamercards look swish as!
Great job x360a!

benbam87
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I actually think that they look good nice job :)

Scotian Bred
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmm let me give my two cents as well .. ok the glop cards didn't give enough room just incase you had the maximum characters allowed for a GT which is 15 and is how long my tag is including the space .. and now these cards do the same thing and cut that last character off .. make em like 15 pixels wider to fit in the max characters allowed for those of us who have the full 15 characters.

My shiznit says NumberUno x360 ?? What happened to the "a" ?? other then that looking good just needs to be a little wider.

Blackjaw x
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah I noticed a few names being cut off, but I don't know if it's possible to make it wider.
I'd hate for TS101 to have to change it too much because he did a great job, but maybe if the font size was just a bit smaller so more characters could fit, it would work.
But then the gamertag would lose contrast, so if you took out the zone and therefore had less text, everything would be perfect.

And yeah, don't put the last game played. -.-

ThunderStorm101
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
The font sizes have nothing to do with me people :)

Thats all in th code, i talked to Routine about this yesterday and he said he was trying to get somthing to tell the code to decrease the size of the font when it reached a certain amount of Characters

Hope that settles that :)

,T/S101

twotonkoala
02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Sorry, I just noticed this thread, would it be possible to change to those in the other forum skins as well? I tend to use the xbox360 wide so that I can get the leaderboards link at the top, but all of the gamercards still show up as analogue on that skin. Obviously if you guys don't have the time or it's too difficult, nothing to worry about, but just as a little request :)

Thanks, and kudos TS101, those new cards do look very good.

EDIT: And just in case you guys have ever wondered what it would look like if you were to change skins in another tab while you have your reply to post window open in another tab: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7749/weirdpx3.jpg

But, as you can see, the old skin (obxo360 wide) still has Analogue showing up for the post above mine, but mine is correct. I know you believed me anyways, just thought this was kinda funny to see two different skins in the same thread :D

VI JimJam
02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank god I checked here first, was just about to make my own thread on this :P hehe.