PDA

View Full Version : Just got a $50 Best Buy giftcard.

twistedlogic149
02-06-2008, 03:13 AM
So in exchange for buying him dinner at a fast food restaurant, my friend gave me a $50 Best Buy gift card. O_O

So I'm looking for a game that's not impossible to get 1000 on, but still is fun and has good replay value. I was thinking of the new Burnout or the new Devil May Cry, but I wasn't sure how hard it is to get those achievements.

Oh, also, I don't have Xbox Live ATM because my apartment complex sucks at internets. So keep that in mind. No XBL achievements.

So anything?

Blind x360a
02-06-2008, 03:15 AM
Devil May Cry Definetly.

Pretty Easy 1k. :)

Krueger
Rumble Roses is easy:p. No need to make a post about this

Rockyallstar
CoD4 would be your best bet. Best game out now pretty much and not too difficult achievements.

twistedlogic149
02-06-2008, 03:17 AM
I actually already played, beat, and returned CoD4.

Oh, and to the poster who said DMC4 - aren't there a bunch of S-ranking achievements that are fairly difficult?

Im a Manatee
02-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Devil May Cry Definetly.

Pretty Easy 1k. :)

Which achievement list are you looking at? Devil May Cry on the hard difficulties is HAAARRRRDDDD.

Doesn't mean the game isn't entertaining.

JesusBread
02-06-2008, 03:23 AM
DMC4 is pretty much impossible. I would say you(along with me and many others) could get 300 MAX. I would buy Assassin's Creed when it got a bit cheaper.

But, damn. I wish my friends would freaking pay me back all the times I've payed for their dinners... Every time we go out to eat at a place like The Cheesecake factory my meal ends up being around $15-20. I always end up paying $25-$30...-_-

Blind x360a
02-06-2008, 03:24 AM
Lol, I was kidding. But out of the two you said it depends if you like DMC then get it, if you like racing get Burnout. It looks like it has some easy achievements.

Sanction
02-06-2008, 03:31 AM
I'd go with Burnout Paradise, but that's because I'm a racing game enthusiast, if there ever was one. :p

And when I saw this thread I was excited since I thought you got it from an offer that I could have done. lol.

Alex56
02-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Get mass effect .. not a tough 1000 but a real long one. And it's probably the best replay value without XBL on the market right now.

run ita charlie
02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
If your buying a game you shouldn't buy it for the achievements. Gamefly is your friend when it comes to those things ;) just buy a game that you LOVE to play.

PnutButrSkippy
02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
And when I saw this thread I was excited since I thought you got it from an offer that I could have done. lol.

lol you could offer to take his friend out to dinner. thats a pretty sweet "offer" if you go to mcdonalds.

i would also say DMC, but i've always been a huge fan of the series.

Steelhead
02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Get mass effect .. not a tough 1000 but a real long one. And it's probably the best replay value without XBL on the market right now.
Agreed. Even if you're not normally into RPGs, you'll most likely enjoy ME. I won't even play most RPGs but loved Mass Effect.

StumpyFlesh
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
I would wait for GTA 4 personally. It's coming out April 29th, which is a ways away, but if you have already beat most of the games mentioned, it sounds like a good way to go. But, if not, I would recommend Assassin's Creed. If you pay attention and read up on the achievements before you start, you can get 1k in one play through. I would especially pay attention to the Conversationalist and Hungerer of Knowledge achievements; I missed Conversationalist and had to play through again, and barely got the other. Also, there are 420 flags you have to collect, and 60 special guys called Templars you have to kill for achievements. I would recommend not getting ANY at all until after you beat the game, then go back for these. This will save you loads of time and confusion, trust me.

vhayste
02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I just remembered that I should've gotten two $50 gift cards from Gamerhelp.com for my game guides but since I live overseas they weren't able to send it to me (I couldn't use it anyway).

If I was a x360a member that time, then I would certainly give those away.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I just remembered that I should've gotten two $50 gift cards from Gamerhelp.com for my game guides but since I live overseas they weren't able to send it to me (I couldn't use it anyway).

If I was a x360a member that time, then I would certainly give those away.

Shoot, make sure I'm around if you decide to start throwing gift cards around!!

As far as a good game to play, you have a lot of options. Some of these older ones I bet you could get two for that price.

Condemned
The Darkness
Halo 3
Hitman: Blood Money
Bioshock
Overlord
Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Files
Crackdown
The Godfather
GRAW2
COD4
Dead Rising
Rainbow Six Vegas
Gears of War
Splinter Cell: DA

Those are my favorites on the 360. You've also got some games I haven't played yet and some games that aren't out yet which you can probably preorder with that gift card.

Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
GTA4
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Bully
Resident Evil 5
Army of Two
Condemned 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

ThirdeYe
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Burnout Paradise is a good game, just not as good as I hoped it would be. I can't really stand the whole drive around for 20 minutes to find something else to do and drive everywhere to do everything. It gets kinda time consuming after a while, and tedious. Some of the achievements are ridiculous too, like finding all the billboards and crashes. Just my 2 cents. I'd get Turok, I played the demo and it seemed really good.

vhayste
02-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Certainly dude. In ever I win giftcards again, maybe I shall surrender them to the admins as prizes for raffles, lol.

twistedlogic149
02-06-2008, 07:47 PM

As far as a good game to play, you have a lot of options. Some of these older ones I bet you could get two for that price.

Condemned
The Darkness
Halo 3
Hitman: Blood Money
Bioshock
Overlord
Oblivion
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. Files
Crackdown
The Godfather
GRAW2
COD4
Dead Rising
Rainbow Six Vegas
Gears of War
Splinter Cell: DA

Those are my favorites on the 360. You've also got some games I haven't played yet and some games that aren't out yet which you can probably preorder with that gift card.

Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
GTA4
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Bully
Resident Evil 5
Army of Two
Condemned 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Out of that list, I already have Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Hitman, BioShock, Oblivion, Crackdown, The Godfather, GRAW2, COD4, Gears of War, and SC:DA. I was actually considering Dead Rising, how is that?

When is RE5 coming out, I wasn't even aware there was a release date yet.

Marx0r
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Out of that list, I already have Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Hitman, BioShock, Oblivion, Crackdown, The Godfather, GRAW2, COD4, Gears of War, and SC:DA. I was actually considering Dead Rising, how is that?

I've played the demo for Dead Rising, and I was impressed. I haven't actually played the game, but I'm told there are achievements that require 14 hours of straight gameplay.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM

I liked Dead Rising a lot. It's very sandboxy as you can do the main story if you feel like it or you can screw off and go after other achievements or just kill zombies, whatever. Everything is time based in the game. Like they give you a mission to go somwhere in the mall by a certain time or you will fail to continue the main story. Even if you fail the main story, as long as you are back at the heliport by noon on the third day, you get a "B" ending and anything you may have unlocked (like the Mega Buster for example) Also based on a certain time on a certain day are rescuing survivors. If you want you can save a survivor and take them back to the security office in the mall. For some reason, you can fit 50+ survivors on the escape helicopter. lol There's lots of stuff to do and lots of replayability.

I still don't have the two acheivements for 5 and 7 day survivor. You get those for playing "infinite mode" where they randomize a bunch of stuff in the mall and the survivors become enemies. You have to scavange for food to survive for as long as you can. 7 game days is 14 real hours and you save your game. Chances are you'll have to play 7 hours on one day and pause the game, then when you get back to your xbox the next day, you can unpause it and continue. I haven't done so yet because I'm afraid of losing my 360voice streak if it ends up running me too long. Plus in 14 hours I could have a full 1000 on a different game rather than the 40 points I'm missing on this one. ;)

As for Resident Evil, Gamefly shows it as a May release date. I tried to preorder it yesterday but they don't have a solid date yet so I can't. Bummer.

Krazie
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Resident Evil doesnt have a date yet, not even sure if it'll be out by the end of the year, actually..

Deyankees1
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Resident Evil doesnt have a date yet, not even sure if it'll be out by the end of the year, actually..

Capcom has already announced a 2009 release date so dont wait up for RE5 yet. Trust me I know I died alittle inside but it might be better then RE4 on the plus side. Anyways you should wait for Condemned 2:Bloodshot it comes out March 11th it was pushed back from Feb 26th but worth the wait. :)

Splinter420
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
DMC Sucks, get burnout

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh crap, I should look a little closer, that's 05/05/2009 lol Sorry about that. ;)

Krazie
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Capcom has already announced a 2009 release date so dont wait up for RE5 yet. Trust me I know I died alittle inside but it might be better then RE4 on the plus side. Anyways you should wait for Condemned 2:Bloodshot it comes out March 11th it was pushed back from Feb 26th but worth the wait. :)

Yeah, havent seen that announcement, but I knew it was 2009 some time..

Bax x360a
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Seriously do you need to ask what to get? Nobody is gonig to recommend Open Season or Cars, It'll be the same old games such as Bioshock, Burnout Paradise, DMC etc... For the record, DMC does NOT have easy achievements... Far from it. Just get any newish game you haven't played which looks good and with a decent achievement list, check out some oft he other recent threads like this one aswell; theres been so many!

DocRevolt
02-07-2008, 03:55 AM
I recently got a 40 dollar Best Buy card, and I topped it off 20 dollars and bought myself Mass Effect. I must say, it was one of the best investments I ever made in buying a game. With such immersive gameplay, it was well worth the 60 dollar price tag.

MadMartign
02-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Devil May Cry 4 or Mass Effect. Easy.

DeadBbyMlkShake
02-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Devil May Cry 4, theres no online achievements for it. Quite a few of them will be time consuming and hard to get..but you still get the full value of playing.

Vista
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Save your cash for GTA4, Frontlines or rainbow six Vegas 2. The last two look like excellent shooters, and GTA well, GTA is awesome!

If you like offline games, try Assassins creed or Bioshock. Both are very good, and will keep you occupied longer then most games

GottiMafia
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Go with Assasin's Creed def one of the better "offline" games, Burnout hand XBL achievements and DMC4 achievements are very difficult. You can always get the Simpsons Game which is really fun especially if u watch the show

forspeedn21
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
If you want a great offline-only game, go for bioshock. If you pay attention to the achievement guide and the map to find the audio diaries, you can get 800-960gs (or 1100gs if you play it on hard and disable the vita-chambers) in one play through.