PDA

View Full Version : First Time Thru Strategies

WrottenSandwich
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
For all fellow members that have crushed this game. Should I play the game straight thru all the chapters, not worrying about the canisters and such, then go back thru on freeplay to collect everything? Also should I save my money and get a ghost and dark jedi first or get the multiplier bricks first? I guess what I am asking is what is a good strategy to play this game? Thanks in advance....

Shinobi273
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Start from the original trilogy, then go for the new ones. As you are able to afford multipliers, get them. Don't bother seeking out all the canisters or getting true jedi, you can't get all the canisters outside of freeplay and true jedi can be attained easily when going back for minikits/canisters.

x2: 1,250,000 studs
x4: 2,500,000 studs
x6: 5,000,000 studs
x8: 10,000,000 studs
x10: 20,000,000 studs

TheGoalslammer
02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Agreed. Blitz through the three episodes in story mode, then go back after all the canisters and power bricks that you missed. When you finish the 5th chapter of VI you'll have Darth Vader for your dark force stuff. Then when you have enough studs, buy Boba Fett. After that buy the Fast Force and Fast Build extras, then I'd save for the multipliers, once you get the 8x (assuming you buy in order) you can pretty much power through stud collection and buy all other characters and extras since the multipliers are cumulative. (2x, 4x, 8x becomes 64x). Best level in my opinion to score major studs is mos eisley since there are several double score zones, and one of them is loaded (the theater accessed by R2).

WrottenSandwich
02-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you both for the replies, the game looks to be a quilty pleasure.....

Vigil Eyes
02-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd also recommend when you go through the first time, that you concentrate on getting all the studs needed for True Jedi in story mode. The story mode forces you to rewatch the cutscenes, free play does not. I just found it annoying when going back through a second time and wishing I had gotten the studs the first time through since everything else can be done in the free play mode.

Shinobi273
02-07-2008, 01:33 AM
I'd also recommend when you go through the first time, that you concentrate on getting all the studs needed for True Jedi in story mode. The story mode forces you to rewatch the cutscenes, free play does not. I just found it annoying when going back through a second time and wishing I had gotten the studs the first time through since everything else can be done in the free play mode.

You should be able to get true jedi in free play because the game has only one true jedi meter per level.

TheGoalslammer
02-07-2008, 02:22 AM
You should be able to get true jedi in free play because the game has only one true jedi meter per level.

Shinobi, you're thinking of the Complete Saga version. In Original Trilogy there's a True Jedi for story AND free play on each level.

Shinobi273
02-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Shinobi, you're thinking of the Complete Saga version. In Original Trilogy there's a True Jedi for story AND free play on each level.
Damn, you're right... All of my posts don't make sense anymore. :(

WrottenSandwich
02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Thank's to the first poster and you two for clearing that up. I believe that I have gotten the True Jedi on the 3 levels that I have played.. I will def make sure that I will get that as I progress thru the game.... I am really actually liking the game also it is kinda fun...

WrottenSandwich
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Start from the original trilogy, then go for the new ones. As you are able to afford multipliers, get them. Don't bother seeking out all the canisters or getting true jedi, you can't get all the canisters outside of freeplay and true jedi can be attained easily when going back for minikits/canisters.

May be a silly question but I have 1.8 mm studs and I don't know where to buy the 2x multiplier so I can double my intake of studs? Do I have to find something or go somewhere?

TheGoalslammer
02-11-2008, 05:25 PM
You have to get the power brick on chapter 6 of episode IV. It's at the end. After you fly down the final run to the 12 turrets and the vent that you torpedo, go to the back right and it's hidden in a niche. Once you have that power brick, you can buy the 2x multiplier in the cantina.

WrottenSandwich
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks GoalSlammer I found it - Went to the cantina to buy it and found out it was 2mm studs. What do you know I had like 1.97mm at the time. All I could do is laugh (and play another level....)