PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed PC Out In March, Brings Exclusive Content

Jdm
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Assassin's Creed PC Out In March, Brings Exclusive Content (http://kotaku.com/353491/assassins-creed-pc-out-in-march-brings-exclusive-content)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/02/acpc.jpg

Perhaps to compensate PC owners for the delay (and to entice those put off by the game's shortcomings), Ubisoft have today announced that the PC version of Assassin's Creed will not only be shipping in March, but that it will contain exclusive content not found in the 360/PS3 version. This comes in the way of four new types of pre-assassination investigations, adding a pinch of variety to perhaps the game's most tiresome element. The game will be out at the end of March, but remember, them system requirements be steep (http://kotaku.com/347797/assassins-creed-pc-specs-your-pc-will-weep-like-a-scolded-child).London, UK - February 6, 2008 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, unveiled Assassin's Creed™ for PC will be available at retailers end of March.

Following in the wake of the critically acclaimed and worldwide console hit Assassin's Creed, the PC version entitled "Assassin's Creed™, Director's cut edition" will feature four brand new exclusive types of investigations, thus providing even more ways for players to explore the various locations of the Third Crusade.

Players will assume the role of the main character, Altair, and will work to stop hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict and experience the art of a master assassin. With more than 5 million units of the console versions sold to date worldwide since its mid-November 2007 launch, Assassin's
Creed PC is set to expand upon this success.

"We are thrilled to bring Assassin's Creed to an eager PC audience and we anticipate the game will resonate with them just has it has across the other platforms," said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. "Assassin's Creed is a game that must be experienced firsthand to fully understand how dynamic and meaningful this title has become for video game fans worldwide."

Assassin's Creed for PC is rated "18+" by PEGI.
http://kotaku.com/353491/assassins-creed-pc-out-in-march-brings-exclusive-content

DriveByBaptism
02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
That is shite! Whats this "exclusive content" noncence? Stuff like this really annoys me.

At least when gears hit the PC with its new chapters it had been out on the 360 for close to a year.

Bax x360a
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Four new types of pre-assassination investigations, exactly what the game needs. The only problem with the game was repetitivness, so with four extra tasks to do, this will be one hell of a game on the PC. I Hope Ubisoft will eventually release this as download content for the 360 version, it would encourage alot more people to play through the game again.

benbam87
02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
yeah I know why do we keep on getting punnished?

RFT 123
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
This seems to be happening a lot. Games come out for a console or will be "console exclusive", then they come out for the PC with new content, and the console owners get forgotten instantly by the companies. When will this stop?

Bax x360a
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
This seems to be happening a lot. Games come out for a console or will be "console exclusive", then they come out for the PC with new content, and the console owners get forgotten instantly by the companies. When will this stop?
Name another game where this has happened apart from Gears and Assassins Creed?

Royle
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
You have a good point. I like it when the release new content for PC's as I have bought Gears for the new content and Kane and Lynch cause it looks good. I just need a new PC so I am saving up but this would be immense on PC. =]

J O 12 D
02-12-2008, 08:32 PM

Bax just pwned you all there to be honest, AC was a let down anyway so i'm not bothered about a PC version with it's exclusive content.

Ryot Control
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Even though new content is nice, 4 just dosen't seem like enough. Even though I can't complain about more stuff to do, I'm looking at it like, "There's more REPETITIVE stuff to do." If I had my way, I would hold out just a bit longer and add much much more like how Konami treats the Metal Gear Solid series with Substance. It's like it's new all over again, just not the game with additional content.

Just to elaborate on how they could improve, they could have added a second option to the directional options so one tap to the left chooses the throwing knives, but with a second tap, you can pick another secondary item... I don't know, like perhaps ninja stars.

Or even night sequences, and the option to wear black...

Then add a pirate to assassinate... yeah... a pirate... Yarrr.

AlexUplinked
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM

Mass Effect...There releasing new things with it on the PC...

[Alex]

whitmania
02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
some how I'm not surprised. Assassins Creed failed to deliver on the quality play that they led us on to belive(graphics are awsome-gameplay stinks/IMO). Now they release a different version for the PC, only a few months after the console release.

Gotta love the loyalty.

moomoocowsly
02-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Mass Effect...There releasing new things with it on the PC...

[Alex]

The 360 version is also getting new DLC missions.

AlexUplinked
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
The 360 version is also getting new DLC missions.

I'm talking about something completely different. I know about that. But In the PC version they are getting more new stuff...

[Alex]

Bax x360a
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I didn't even know Mass Effect was coming out for the PC, I thought it was an Xbox 360 exclusive. Obviously only a Microsoft exclusive.

Bax just pwned you all there to be honest, AC was a let down anyway so i'm not bothered about a PC version with it's exclusive content.
:p AC wasen't a let down though, great game!

hopesfall2win
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
PC versions get the extra content free, so yes, we keep getting hosed on a regular basis. DLC is good and all, but stuff like this happens and others get stuff for free that we have to pay $10 for, it's frustrating. So i usually don't buy it unless its maps for shooters =/

PhantomNemesis
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
From what I read about the PC version of Mass Effect coming out, there's no new missions or anything, just UI improvements and such. Besides, I doubt they'll completely ignore 360 owners with that anyway.

As for Assassin's Creed, who really cares about four new investigations now? Most people have probably completed it, and I have to say, that I'm not exactly the biggest fan on Earth right now with that game.

Bax x360a
02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Thinking about it, it all sounds like a desperate attempt to reignite PC gaming. It sucks big time compared to console gaming, and its dieing pretty quickly by the sounds of it.

x McGrim x
02-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Even though new content is nice, 4 just dosen't seem like enough. Even though I can't complain about more stuff to do, I'm looking at it like, "There's more REPETITIVE stuff to do." If I had my way, I would hold out just a bit longer and add much much more like how Konami treats the Metal Gear Solid series with Substance. It's like it's new all over again, just not the game with additional content.

Just to elaborate on how they could improve, they could have added a second option to the directional options so one tap to the left chooses the throwing knives, but with a second tap, you can pick another secondary item... I don't know, like perhaps ninja stars.

Or even night sequences, and the option to wear black...

Then add a pirate to assassinate... yeah... a pirate... Yarrr.
Or maybe a bow!

Krueger
02-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I would never buy another copy of this game even if it had exclusive content. My biggest let down ever for a game.

aussie_warrior117
02-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Well, it just goes to show that the Xbox 360 is a beta platform for the PC games. Damn them major companies.