PDA

View Full Version : Can't play on Xbox live?

ElliotRobinson
02-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi all I am new to the forums,

Each time I try to play Pro Evo on xbox live i am told my NAT type is 'moderate' and that it needs to be 'open' to play.

:confused: Does anyone have idea how what my NAT type is/how to change it? :confused:

orp08
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
First of all welcome to the site...
Now i remember having some issues once but i cant honestly recall, go to network options on the dashboard and check if you can mod anything apart from the IP and DNS.
If that doesnt work call your internet service (cause thats what xbox would probably tell you) and ask them how to do that... Here is info on NAT on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation).
Im sorry i couldnt help you that much...

Seddo
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Are you using a router or modem?.

If your using your router, you must go into the settings via a pc. Just type a I.P address in your address par in your browser and log in, there should be a setting. Your router manual should be a bit clearer than me :p.

If your using a modem, i think you have to call your internet service provider up to change it.

Gibbo
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
To be honest i dont think the game is really worth it in live anyway, i mean unless you and the person your playing both have good connections its pretty pointless.

ElliotRobinson
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks for the replies guys,
i was only renting the game anyway and i have now returned it
i was not that impressed with it to be honest so i will stick with FIFA 08

kingkoning
02-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Everytime I want to play it also says my NAT type is not Open, but I can still play online with a not that bad quality. So just go past the Xbox Live Menu and search for matches, it will work.
The NAT type doesn't have to be Open to play, it's only better that way.

ElliotRobinson
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
ok thanks kingkoning for clearing that up