PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Help

codename26
02-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Please, does anyone have any tips for mission 2 - the island on veteran difficulty. I have all the other single player acheivement, without really trying for them. Just unlocking them accidentally.

I am stuck on the part where you have to follow the stream up the hill and there are loads of germans, and 3 or 4 MG's at the top.

I can do it on easy, normal and hard, but on veteran, as soon I shoot a couple of jerrrys and push forward and run for cover I die immediately. If I am hiding behind cover, I seem to get shot through it.

I have tried following the stream up to the top, running to the fallen tree for cover and running forward, but cant get more than a few steps.

Even if I use smoke grenades for cover, I get shot as soon as i move.

It is so frustrating, I nearly launched my controller at my new HD telly.
Someone please give me a few ponters.

Regards, mark

Jabi1
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
This must be the hill where you see a truck crashing down as you approach it. This part was ridiculous, I tried taking cover at the bushes on the right side before you go to the open, and if I raised my head even for an inch mg fire rained down immediately. I don't even know if it is possible to advance on your own at this point.

What I did, was simply put my controller down. I was safe from oncoming fire, and my squad was able to advance enough so that I could finally make it to the top. It takes about 10 minutes for your teammates to advance, and sometimes they seem to just stand at the bottom of the hill, but keep trying. They won't actually move very far ahead, but even so it is helpful enough to allow you to get forward without being killed right away. Try to stick on the right side of the hill, taking cover behind tree stumps and rocks.

Rifle Elite
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh that isnt a hard part if you compare it to the other missions of this game. Go to the right as fast as possible. Make sure you stay low (If your enemy is in sight, so are you) Kill enemies and make sure u stay at the right side of this hill. Do it carefully, because there are enemies on every place you could think of.

NMS
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Jabi and Rifle are correct. you have to go to the right side as fast as possible. Your squad won't try to advance until you do.

Unfortunately there are way harder missions ahead. Anyone know of the mission "The Forest" - "We have to cross this road"

codename26
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I done it and it was surpisingly simple. Just take out a few of the closer germans right in front, chuck a smoke grenade up the hill to the right then make a mad dash for the top following the stream and chuck some frags in the bunker at the top.

Much easier than the "silo" mission on CoD2 on vet....that sucks !!

cheers all

JLogan27
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
I was totally stuck at this part. I was so frustrated that I started a new game on the normal difficulty just to get through the game. I had no bullets and no grenades so I was screwed. Also got tired of my teammates standing there fine in the wide open when I was crawling on my belly getting riddled with bullets.

Haven't found the intestinal fortitute to go back and try again on veteran.

8goodking
03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
I was totally stuck at this part. I was so frustrated that I started a new game on the normal difficulty just to get through the game. I had no bullets and no grenades so I was screwed. Also got tired of my teammates standing there fine in the wide open when I was crawling on my belly getting riddled with bullets.

Haven't found the intestinal fortitute to go back and try again on veteran.

Cheers mate. I turned my ass away at the first scene of Veteran.

Smugu
03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
This game is very hard on veteran. You have to get a little lucky and use smoke alot, if youre stuck on something, try doing it differently.

Killer66250
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I used smoke and crept round the side but it was stupidly difficult.

S1lent B Deadly
04-16-2008, 09:04 AM
i sold it on ebay and played COD 2