PDA

View Full Version : Achievement list in thread?

Xerofox
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Okay, lets start by saying "sorry if this is posted before".

Maybe it's an idea to put the achievement list (or a direct link) in a sticky thread in the official forum of a game. I know i'm too lazy to go to the main site, click on retail games, look for the game and click on it. I know I can take a look at the achievement guide (if there is one) but there's too much info to look for a specific achievement.

It would be much easier if there's a direct link.
It saves a lot of time and you all know "time is achievements". ;)

So...what do you think?

Steelhead
02-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Usually the list is contained in the achievement guide for each game, along with instructions/tips on how to earn the achievements.

J O 12 D
02-07-2008, 06:40 PM
So...what do you think?

I think you should stop being so lazy and just go to the main page, it's not as if it takes forever to get to the main page, more like 20 seconds.

Usually the list is contained in the achievement guide for each game, along with instructions/tips on how to earn the achievements.

This was one of his arguments for bringing this idea in, he didn't want to have to scroll through an achievement guide to find the achievements.

The Pants Party
02-07-2008, 06:51 PM
We really can't afford another sticky in each game's forum just to save you 15 seconds of clicking, sorry...

Steelhead
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
This was one of his arguments for bringing this idea in, he didn't want to have to scroll through an achievement guide to find the achievements.
Doh! Nice catch. I guess I should have read it more thoroughly.

Vista
02-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I have an idea, instead of it being a thread, maybe there can be a link in the top bar of the certain game forum that says achievements can be found here and it links it to the main page.

RogueVasion
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, instead of even putting a link, keep the guide open in a new window or tab. I mean it most likely isn't hard. I think it would be a waste of space. I just keep my tabs open.

ArmyOfPie
02-08-2008, 04:07 AM
Seems like a pointless thing to me. People in Africa walk many miles a day just for water, you can take a few extra seconds to click a few buttons.

Marx0r
02-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Well, I noticed that all games have an Overview and a Guide stickied... We could kill three birds with one stone and just have a single link to the mainpage's section for the guide. Also, considering that most of the guides aren't the same for the main site and the forums.

Armstrong x360a
02-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Well, I noticed that all games have an Overview and a Guide stickied... We could kill three birds with one stone and just have a single link to the mainpage's section for the guide. Also, considering that most of the guides aren't the same for the main site and the forums.

I like where your head's at. This would actually make the forums more efficient as far as time AND space.