PDA

View Full Version : News forum

Vista
02-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Dont get me wrong, I love gaming news, I am actually on kotaku and IGN almost everyday looking at stuff. But sometimes the Games and General Xbox 360 and other sub forums get clogged with news... In some forums 8-9 threads out of like 20 unstickied are news threads. Maybe we can have an extra sub forum attached to general Xbox 360 or games forum and it can be called the new room, or something like that, also only mods and members of the press team can post new threads, but everyone can see it and post in it (like the contest and announcement boards).

:) Just an idea!

Shinobi273
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds good to me, I have always had an issue with the many news threads that get started. It would also be nice if they could be deleted, say after a month.

Jdm
02-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Don't hate on the Anchorman here.:p

Personally, I post the News because it would be of some interest to you guys. Some may be Ground-Breaking News and others might just be about Off-Topic stuff. Regardless, I'll post the News for ALL to read. If I see some News still around after a Month since I last posted it, then I'll take a look myself to see if it's 1. Popular News or 2. Someone bumping the Old Thread. I'll determine whether to Lock the Thread down or not.

Can't blame me because this is apart of my job...being an Anchorman on the Press Team.;)

Minty
02-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Think what theyre sayin JDM is that news on the front page is cool cos its up to them whether they want to look at it, but when theres a bucket load posted in the forums its different cos they cant avoid it....

Clipse 2
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm not even sure a sub-forum would solve the issue even if its restricted to press team members only posting new topics in it. The press team aren't the only ones to post threads containing news, if standard members couldn't post in a special news sub-forum they'll be posting it where ever they see fit on the forums. It would clean some of it up, but doesn't seem full proof.

Creech
02-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Or fool proof, for that matter.

;)

Vista
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Well I messaged Webby, and he said no, but if it is a good idea, then I guess he can reconsider it.

Jdm
02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Think what theyre sayin JDM is that news on the front page is cool cos its up to them whether they want to look at it, but when theres a bucket load posted in the forums its different cos they cant avoid it....

But the Front Page is Strictly for Xbox 360 News only.

Everyone knows that I post News about ALL Consoles and not just the 360. Obviously those kind of news would not be on the Front Page, but to be posted in their respective Forum Boards. So should I stop posting misc. news in the Forum and only post 360 news on the front page?:confused:

J O 12 D
02-08-2008, 11:36 PM
But the Front Page is Strictly for Xbox 360 News only.

Everyone knows that I post News about ALL Consoles and not just the 360. Obviously those kind of news would not be on the Front Page, but to be posted in their respective Forum Boards. So should I stop posting misc. news in the Forum and only post 360 news on the front page?:confused:

Don't stop with your random news, I love it :)
Even though its not really that random its still great, I think there should be a seperate forum/sub forum for misc news.