PDA

View Full Version : GH3 or Bioshock?

Da_Big_D__
02-08-2008, 05:47 AM
So, due to a variety of reasons no one really cares about, I have a small fistful a cash that won't be increasing in amount any time soon.

My question to everyone is, which game is generally preferable: Guitar Hero 3 or Bioshock? I realize they're very different games, but for those who've played both, which one is more worth it, in your opinion?

As far as Guitar Hero goes, I've heard it gets pretty damn hard toward the end. I've not played a Guitar Hero, but I am musically inclined (if that counts for anything <_<).

The achievement list looks sort of impossible. Also, I guess there's no online Co-Op? Any news on when that might get incorporated?

benbam87
02-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Go bioshock better game and also GH4 coming out this year. So wait to get GH3 imo

notdryad
02-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Get another $20-30 and just buy Bioshock and another game.

soccerplaya13cj
02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Get GH II discounted and an older game.

Bax x360a
02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Out of those two, I'd have to say GH3. Only because you'll get ALOT more replay value out of it. Bioshock is an incredible game and must be added to your collection at some point, but for the mean time, GH3 would keep you entertained for longer until you can afford more games.

vhayste
02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Definitely Bioshock over GH3.

Birky
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
It is your choice, pick the game YOU want. The site reviews should help...

Bioshock
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/review.php?gameID=271

GHIII
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/review.php?gameID=393

MeesterLuther
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
If you find a good storyline important; go for Bioshock.
Want to have fun with friends; go for GH3.

GottiMafia
02-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Go for BIOSHOCK def a better game

G Big Mac
02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Im not voting as i wouldn't be able to decide either lol
Guitar hero:
Its guitar hero, who doesnt love it
Down loadable content
Can play for a REALLY long time

Bioshock:
Fun shooter game
Good graphics
Great story line

i really couldnt chose between to two i love them both

LongJon
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Like Birky said, read a few reviews and gain an informed opinion on what YOU think is best for YOU, I really don't know how anyone could buy a game based on other peoples (biased) opinions.

tadpeters
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
For longer playability and the ability to go back and play it over and over without it ever being bored, go with Guitar Hero 3.

For a better game overall go with Bioshock. But, once you play through the game once you already know what happens and it could get a little repeatitive, just like any FPS.

As for achievements, stay away from GH3 unless you just really like those games or like music and don't mind spending a long time trying to get the full 1000 in it. Bioshock's achievements can be all done in a week's time if you really pushed it.

nashie1
02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Personally I'd say get GH3 because of the replay value and the fact that its a great game for parties. Bioshock was very boring towards the end for me and I've felt uncompelled to play through the game a second time.

Sure the achievements are very difficult to get but that shouldnt be a deciding factor in choosing a game. And FYI, onlineco-op is available under player match but not ranked match.

This is just my opinion as I have been a huge fan of Guitar hero since the beggining but it depends on what game you prefer. Guitar hero can be devillishly difficult on higher difficulty levels and the guitar controller can cost the same as Bioshock and a second game. I'd say it depends on your personal tastes but Guitar Hero is definately worth a try.

Matrarch
02-08-2008, 02:24 PM
What you get really depends on you and what you like to play. :)

Bioshock is easily one of the best game in recent memories. Fantastic story, gameplay and environments are all a major plus. Also, if you're looking at a game strictly from Gamerscore perspective, it is much, much easier to get a high percentage of points out of Bioshock.

On the other hand, Guitar Hero 3 offers fantastic gameplay, downloadable content to continue the games longevity (there are even a couple of free tracks, I believe), and a well developed community. Plus, you can Guitar Hero 3 and, when you're ready later, buy GH2 without having to shell out for the Guitar too.

Also, something to keep in mind (I could be way wrong), but Bioshock is likely to go down in price sooner. As great a game as it is, there are tons of copies out there and, in another couple of months, I wouldn't be surprised if that goes through a price cut and bundled Guitar hero-s Still retain their fairly high price tag. Of course, this operates in the reverse to. Bioshock is cheaper, so you canbuy that and maybe another used game for the price of a bundled Guitar Hero.

But yeah, in the end, do what's best for you. Read and educate yourself about what you're getting and then make a decision for you. Either way, both games are a fantastic addition to your collection and you won't regret purchasing either one. :)

MapleMire
02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Guitar Hero 3 is more fun and entertains you more so get guitar hero 3

avengerRPM
02-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Bioshock wasn't really that great of an FPS, in my opinion. Kinda getting pickier about what sort of shooters I like.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band are all I play now.

mmz41
02-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Go for Bioshock.

Marco tulio
02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
you can have a nice time with GH3 but i think its gonna get boring

Most Frantic
02-08-2008, 10:41 PM
I liked GH2 much more than GH3 (I don't have a gold account though...) and preferred Bioshock more than both!

Kal The SJ
02-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Bioshock is what you need to be getting.

Whack A Lemur
02-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Bioshock all the way, but I just hate Guitar Hero...

UNDERWALLY
02-09-2008, 02:51 AM
Guitar Hero III cause u can play great songs over and over again, and it's a great feeling!!!!, Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played, but I recommend u to buy GH

DocRevolt
02-09-2008, 03:43 AM
What, no self destruct option?

EvilFrankfurt
02-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Neither :/. GH3 gets old after a while, and the achievements are pretty much impossible unless you're like god or something. And Bioshock, well all though the game is graphically beautiful, the story still has me confused. I'm not finished with it, but they don't really tell you much of what's going on, and it's really annoying.

I don't know what else to tell you. I'd just wait and see if anything else comes along, and Mass Effect is pretty sweet, look into that if you don't have it already.

ADAMAKOS GR
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
these are completely different games
both of them are great in their genre

you should probably buy both

Royle
02-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I would buy GH3 because it has so much replay value whereas BioShock has a very short shelf life.

DTF INFERNO
02-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Both are great games, but will have to say GH3 over Bioshock.

EvoLveR84
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I own both.......GH3 got a ton of play, but Bioshock was EPIC. Probably my favorite game I've played in the past 5 years (probably since I first played Warcraft III).

GH3 hasn't even come of out its case since my roomies bought the big rock band box. Rock Band > GH3 by far, except for the controller quality, the GH3 one is better.

Zee
02-10-2008, 11:35 PM
If you think of games as art, you'll love Bioshock, if not you'll hate that it's short, and the dip in the fun factor towards the very end. Plus its short replay factor, on the plus side, you can get another game for around the same price as GHIII.

GHIII has much more replay value, and since you won't be able to get money for a while GHIII will hold you off till then. The problem is that it's costly, and will take you time to ajust to the harder modes. Another plus is that If you get GHIII, you won't need to buy GHII with the guitar. As you already have one.

I do Recommend Bioshock for a great single player experience but the problem is theres no replay value, so I recommend you get GHIII and II (if you can afford both) then rent Bioshock.

KasualBeast
02-11-2008, 05:00 AM
I think bioshock is a much better game. GH3 just never appealed to me. mY brother has rock band now anyway so ill just play that

Slarak
02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Bioshock = a good rent or buy if it goes down to $20. Great game just not a whole lot of replayability.

Guitar Hero 3 = a definite good buy. Always fun to pick up and jam with friends and its got plenty of replayability. It does have lots of DLC, but most are not worth the points.