PDA

View Full Version : Kendals Story quests

BigEasy
02-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I've done them all except the "find 3 books" one and wtf i've ran through the same F'N level about 12 times now and only 2 books have ever come up. wtf's the problem here anyone know what's going on?

well it was *** but i finished it.. only took 13 tries

miiiguel
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Can you share, how you did it? I mean, I'm driving nuts searching througout Arrogance over and over and only found 1. They are all in there aren't they? And I have no enemies on the level right now, since I think I've wiped them all. Do you think I can continue to search with no enemies on it, or should I leave the area and come back (and therefor they should respawn) ? TIA.

BigEasy
02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi, yeah don't worry i'll help you out here. It's fairly simple in a sense just long and tedious.... It took me 13 tries to get all 3 books so all you have to do is;

1) Play the level start to just before the boss, no need to fight him and then reload back to the Halls just wastes time.

2) Pray to find a book lol and they can be ANYWHERE ok so be sure to look in every dead end and area.

3) If you didn't find any books on your run just quit to the main menu and reload your character and search again.

Just do this over and over until you get all 3, yes i know it's a pain in the A**, but eventually you'll get it. I got my first 2 books with in 3 games then the 3rd took forever.

You see the problem is it depends on the layout of the levels whether or not the books will spawn. For the longest time when i hadn't found any i wasn't sure if the enemies were going to drop them but just keep an eye out because they are like a whitish yellow orb looking like thing.

I hope this helps, if not feel free to contact me again.

Cheers :drunk

Drunk3nR4d
02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
ya this story quest is a pain in my butt... i have found 2 of them but when i walk into them, the screen pauses, it says saving.. and then the circles do not disapear?? has this happened to anyone else? i would HATE to have this be a glitch.. cuz in order to get those 2, i have had to go through that STUPID LEVEL 8 times.... STUPID STATUES THAT RUN INTO YOU I HATE YOU!

Drunk3nR4d
02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
nevermind, i got it... full 1000, finally..

miiiguel
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
This quest is really stupid, lost my entire Sunday afternoon replaying this damn level. What a lousy coding from these dudes. The Achievements are very cool to pursue /much better than the game imo) but this is pain. I've been through the level 15 times, and so far just one. Anyone have any tips besides the replay? Is it better to quit or change areas back and forth? And, I suppose when one reaches the Idol and still no good, best thing to do is restart, or should go until the boss gate?

graf1k
02-18-2008, 03:27 AM
I found it best to change areas, quit + save, load + go back to the Hall of Arrogance. This part of the quest is just total shite though. Even then it took a couple hours but that's what happens when the books are completely random.

azrael411
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
is there any set map you have more luck on?
i found 2 on the 1st floor vestibule
also post on here as it seems everyone who does gets it soon after i did lol

Drunk3nR4d
02-18-2008, 06:28 PM
actually, and i dont know if it actually works better this way or not.... BUT.... i was having the same troubles yall were having.. i wasn't finding jack going through the levels.. and i was going to the end, then quitting and reloading, and it seemed like i was geting the same layouts and such.. BUT one time i got really irritated and jes killed loki for the hell of it, quit, appeared at the ice age and then teleported to arrogance, and it was a new layout and contained a stupid book... so i did it again and, sure enough.. got the third one....

graf1k
02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
actually, and i dont know if it actually works better this way or not.... BUT.... i was having the same troubles yall were having.. i wasn't finding jack going through the levels.. and i was going to the end, then quitting and reloading, and it seemed like i was geting the same layouts and such.. BUT one time i got really irritated and jes killed loki for the hell of it, quit, appeared at the ice age and then teleported to arrogance, and it was a new layout and contained a stupid book... so i did it again and, sure enough.. got the third one....

Yeah, basically that does the same as just changing regions. The point is to change the layout of Arrogance. Anyway the official site guide should be up tomorrow, but AFAIK the books NEVER appear on the 2nd floor of library or vestibule, always the first floor and occasionally the twilight corridor.

Ratgax
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I've been doing Arrogance for 14 times... I got my first 2 books in the 3 first tries and this is becoming really annoying.

GrimReaper21093
03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
i got stuck on this part to, kendal's was by far the worst story quest

Asariel
07-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone had to do this *after* completing Kendal's Storyline? I've followed it through to the end and when I sleep I just have the bookcase as you do when you finish anyone's storyline. I also found the three books when I completed it the first time. Now though the quest has come back after the end of the game and states it's not finished! Hoping to hell it's not a bug and I end up having to reply Kendal.

Ravenousguy
07-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm in the same situation with Kendall myself.
I have done everything he needed to do and beat all monsters yet l never unlocked the achievement.
All l have when l dream is the bookshelf showing what abilities lm learning etc.

Am l missing something? I would hate to do Kendall's quest all over considering how annoying it was.

slim01
08-21-2009, 03:28 AM
can anyone here confirm that you can find the 3 books and get the acheeve AFTER killing the final boss and finsishing the game?? i found two, got bored as hell and went on to kill enclobossa, but alas, no cheeve. DAM. thought id get lucky.

ive gone back to the halls of arrogance, have been going for about 10hours now, and im thinking even if i do find the 3rd book, will i get the cheeve??

Ratgax
08-21-2009, 06:20 AM
It has been a long time till I played KUF, but worry not. I killed Encablossa, and later I got the damned 3 books (as shown on my achievements order), so it's possible.

But I was for hours too looking for them, the third one was hard to get, I don't remember how many hours I was looking for it, but it was a LONG time, that's for sure.

So, keep trying, eventually you'll get it, I wish you luck.