PDA

View Full Version : Why???

orp08
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey can someone tell me why people that live in America have to wait like 5 months to get this game??? I mean come on, is there any reason for that apart for making us suffer??? I love this game, year after year, is the most played game in my library (well last year CoD3 beat it but not for much) but this is bullshit... Basicly they are delivering us a game that is going to have really old transfers since the transfers open in June... Like great im going to have an outdated game in 3 months, thats plain and simple retarded.
Besides this release date problem makes me wonder another thing... are we like ever going to play globally??? or is always going to be for zones???
This game is a 100 times better than fifa but they should copy some stuff from them, like having a general release date, being able to play with people from everywhere.

Seddo
02-09-2008, 07:15 PM
To be honest i haven't got a clue why the Americans get it so much later then Europe, Konami must have their reasons though.

And i doubt Europeans will ever be able to play Americans, the online lag is bad enough and that's juts playing people that's pretty much close to each other, imagine the lag if we played people from across the pond :O.

HoodMod
02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Probably for the same reason Europeans don't get Monster Truck games - it just isn't as appealing to them. Loads fewer people in America will play this game, so it makes more sense to release it in Europe first.

Ecstasy uK
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
you get loads of games before europe, so don't complain :)

orp08
02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
The reason i complaint its cause i dont give a damn about Monsters Truck or whatever, you can have that... I understand the delay if it is explained, personally i dont remember any year the game shipping this late, it ussually came out 1 month later than Europe or Asia (between Oct-Dec), but March??? Does that makes any sense??? Are they giving us a new game??? Have they fixed the connection issues??? No, then why??? there has to be a reason for this, it couldnt just be: "Hey lets compete against Fifa by putting our game almost when the season ends"
Besides its not like Europe is the only continent that likes footy, last time i checked America loved footy as well, in fact our football and fans are more passionate, if there was some misunderstanding, i dont mean USA i mean the continent... Sad that there are few gamers from this zone, but that doesnt mean we are not going to play the game and for that deserve such a delay.

Ecstasy uK
02-16-2008, 01:34 PM
last time i checked America loved footy as well, in fact our football and fans are more passionate

i laughed at that part

orp08
02-16-2008, 05:27 PM
i laughed at that part
Wow well you obviously havent go to any match in the league from Argentina, its ten times more intense than you shitty anfield "You'll never walk alone", i mean you cant even win Barnsley on Anfield??? lolololololololololololololololololololololol... Europe has the best leagues, yes, the South American are the best players? yes, besides thats not what i asked...
Kaka and Messi ftw.

T FUNK 1984
02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
The reason you have to wait is the same reason we dont get baseball games over here. Fair enough football has a following over there but nothing like the big US sports so its not a priority for them where as over here its our national sport (its our game after all!) so they let us have it first. Shame really I think it would be greay to play some games of footy with you guys!

As for the passionate fans comment.... I laughed as well. England has the best, most passionate, loyal football fans of anywhere in the world. South America does have some of the best players but they all come to play in Europe anyway!

orp08
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
The reason you have to wait is the same reason we dont get baseball games over here. Fair enough football has a following over there but nothing like the big US sports so its not a priority for them where as over here its our national sport (its our game after all!) so they let us have it first. Shame really I think it would be greay to play some games of footy with you guys!

As for the passionate fans comment.... I laughed as well. England has the best, most passionate, loyal football fans of anywhere in the world. South America does have some of the best players but they all come to play in Europe anyway!
Yes but this has never happen before, i mean all America has football as the national sport apart from the 2 North Countries (Canada & USA) and some caribbean countries, USA its not America... and again they never have done this... Besides as far as i know Japan got the game first, so its not football likes only.
You know whats funny is that if i ask you to give me a england player that compares to kaka, messi, diego, robinho, tevez, agŁero, maxi morales, and so on, you are probably going to mention Gerard, Lampard or Rooney... Rooney is a really, really good player, but lampard and gerard are slow as hell and they only know to shot from middle distance (especially gerard, when i have seen him, he is so selfish)... And Rooney is not in the level of Messi or Kaka...
Look at the stars of prety much every good team, mostly americans.

And let me tell you that (im not from argentina) but i have never, ever see more passionate fans, all matches they are so supportive, they dont stop jumping and singing... The classics are starting to be talked about like weeks before, i am not saying the league is really good, cause its not, but if you consider the amount of players that go to europe is really amazing that the level isnt low...

And this discussion is mainly why i would like to play against guys from all the world cause im soo good at that game, that in the end i dont have to say a word, that and cause only guys that were in top 500 play good and they were not really a match for me and my bro, the top 100 was full of cheaters, so im fine with my 120 or something rank, but would like to know how many european guys play well.

I want Pro Evo :(.

Oh and i confused ecstacy uk with seddo, that was the reason for the Liverpool comment.

T FUNK 1984
02-16-2008, 07:23 PM
What I was trying to say is that Europe is the place where PES (and FIFA) are going to sell the most, so they bring them out here first. I do know what you mean though cause I cant see a reason why they have to change the game to Winning 11, why cant we all have PES? I think it would be great to play against people from around the world (like we do for most other games!).

The argument over fans can go on forever and im not going to go into it here as this isnt the place. Respect to South America as I know they have great fans and a fantastic football tradition, but in my opinion no where comes close to England.

I'll admit Kaka and Messi are at the moment 2 of the best in the world. No one who's seen them play can dispute that. However to say the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Owen, Lampard ect ect aren't as good in there own ways is a little short sighted.

Webb
02-16-2008, 07:34 PM
South American are the best players? yes, besides thats not what i asked...
Kaka and Messi ftw.

What league do they play in again? South American? Didn't think so!! They don't stay there because the main market is in Europe... FACT.

Xterm1n8or
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
All I can say is Rock Band, and just about every other great game comes out in the UK weeks/months after the US. That said, I have a minute bit of sympathy that ONE game that YOU want is released ages after UK, maybe you "soccer loving americans" can now have a VERY LITTLE taste of what it's like to be left out in the cold and forgotten about for a game release.

Don't complain, it's one game. Just be glad you get most games first.

orp08
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
What league do they play in again? South American? Didn't think so!! They don't stay there because the main market is in Europe... FACT.
When did i argue your leagues were the best??? that doesnt mean americans are not the most skilled (americans not canadian or guys from US, carribean, etc)... Besides both Kaka and Messi are not in the Premier, pretty much any skilled player fits better in Serie A or LFP, because they play a football a little more complex than: "long balls to tall guy". I mean i cant believe Crouch its a professional player, a national player, he sucks so much.
What I was trying to say is that Europe is the place where PES (and FIFA) are going to sell the most, so they bring them out here first. I do know what you mean though cause I cant see a reason why they have to change the game to Winning 11, why cant we all have PES? I think it would be great to play against people from around the world (like we do for most other games!).

The argument over fans can go on forever and im not going to go into it here as this isnt the place. Respect to South America as I know they have great fans and a fantastic football tradition, but in my opinion no where comes close to England.

I'll admit Kaka and Messi are at the moment 2 of the best in the world. No one who's seen them play can dispute that. However to say the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Owen, Lampard ect ect aren't as good in there own ways is a little short sighted.
Agree, and the fact that i mentioned here there are lots of fans, its mainly cause of the "You dont like football, you like baseball/hockey type of comments" of people that cant seem to realize that im not from US or Canada, like this guy:
All I can say is Rock Band, and just about every other great game comes out in the UK weeks/months after the US. That said, I have a minute bit of sympathy that ONE game that YOU want is released ages after UK, maybe you "soccer loving americans" can now have a VERY LITTLE taste of what it's like to be left out in the cold and forgotten about for a game release.

Don't complain, it's one game. Just be glad you get most games first.
"Soccer loving americans" i am asuming by calling it soccer, you think im from USA, despite how many comments i have made it clear USA dont represent us.
You know i understand that you say: "its only a game, this happens to us all the time", but this has never been the case of this game, i mean you guys know that X game is coming out X weeks, months later, but this game is not the case, this games ussually arrives a lot earlier, if this game every year shipped this late in this zone, i wouldnt complaint, cause its the usual stuff, and what surprises me is that you seem quite happy that this happened, like i am responsable for all the games that arrive later there.
It also annoys me that you british guys think you own football, yes you "invented it", but despite that, you play mostly boring with long balls, you have only won 1 world cup, and by "won" i mean bought, we all remember that goal... So yes you invented it, that doesnt mean you are the best, you are far from it, and that England 2-3 Croatia proved it so good, they totally dominated you in that game, what did you do when you managed to tie the game (with an invented penalty btw), full back, on your own home... that is freaking pathetic, in the end justice was served and you lost, but common stop acting like you rule, you are not even going to the Euro.

Webb
02-18-2008, 06:39 PM
When did i argue your leagues were the best??? that doesnt mean americans are not the most skilled (americans not canadian or guys from US, carribean, etc)... Besides both Kaka and Messi are not in the Premier, pretty much any skilled player fits better in Serie A or LFP, because they play a football a little more complex than: "long balls to tall guy". I mean i cant believe Crouch its a professional player, a national player, he sucks so much.

Everyone knows Crouch sucks, but I'm fairly sure the most skillful player in the world (Ronaldo) plays in the Premiership, nevertheless, you missed my point. It's all to do with sales and the audience.

Europe has the biggest football audience that is the most lucrative in the world, so why not get your priorities sorted? It's a natural business decision, just like Europe is last with most other games on the market (i.e. Rock Band as previously mentioned) because they are the 3rd lucrative region in terms of the games market.

So, in answer to your question, why? It's just business is the answer.

orp08
02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Everyone knows Crouch sucks, but I'm fairly sure the most skillful player in the world (Ronaldo) plays in the Premiership, nevertheless, you missed my point. It's all to do with sales and the audience.

Europe has the biggest football audience that is the most lucrative in the world, so why not get your priorities sorted? It's a natural business decision, just like Europe is last with most other games on the market (i.e. Rock Band as previously mentioned) because they are the 3rd lucrative region in terms of the games market.

So, in answer to your question, why? It's just business is the answer.
Yes but then why did they started now? they never done that, i understand it launches later than Europe, but then why does Asia get it first? just cause Konami is from there? dont tell me it sells more there, cause then it would be really dissapointing, and again its not like im mad because other guys get it first, but for how late they are releasing, how does shipping game like 2 months earlier when all the leagues take a break, and the transfer starts, its good for business? or marketing? it makes absolutely no sense, and i have all the reason to be mad, they are delivering us a game that in 3 months its goint to be really old and that we are going to start talking about Fifa... I am a really hardcore Pro Evo supporter (in that Fifa vs PES), but this feels like a hit to my loyalty (like they care).
Besides Rock Band is not the same case, is the game getting old? no, its music, its not like the songs are going to change or anything, you will get all the stuff.
And Ronaldo its not the best player, by no means, I mean i kinda hate Barca and refuse to say Messi is the best mainly for that, but to be all honest, he is the best player in the world, Kaka compares to him (with other abilities) but for me Ronaldo is more of a show off, yet he cant dribble as many opponents as Messi.
Besides Ronaldo is going to end up on Real Madrid or Barca, he has said his interests, Man U is holding him the longest, but in the end is going to happen.

RinconGirl
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
haha, i know why, the controls are so confusing for yanks (like i said in my thread) that it would probably take us 5 months to learn them haha. i'm looking forward to losing to you guys haha :p