PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of buying this game

King James 23
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I have Burnout Revenge. Is this any better than Burnout Revenge?

Tasty Ace
02-10-2008, 05:09 PM
its very good, try the demo get a feel for free roaming if you like it then get this game

vhayste
02-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Its very good. But there are some new features removed from the previous versions.

JD FTW
02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
you will like it after you have learned the map, but this is no worse then any other

DTF INFERNO
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I will have to go and download the demo then.

King James 23
02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
My 360 got the 3 red rings of death last week so I cant download the demo till I get it back.:(

Maka
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I like Cake, you like Pie.

Everybody is different. We have a review written on the front page, and countless other threads discussing the game, read those, make a decision.

KiLL CraZy
02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
without a doubt the best burnout game out there

Soulfly Switch
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
This is just my opinion - so dont trash me too bad. I didnt care for it at all. Revenge is so much better. Current racers that are better is PGR4 is and NFS Prostreet.

CAMMY_O8
02-12-2008, 04:52 AM
This game is good but personally i think revenge was ALOT better .. im sure some people wont share my oppions tho lol :)

shiningcheese
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
This game is both better and worse than burnout revenge. the difficulty scale is much more clean and smooth than easy, easy, ridiculously hard. It has better cars for racing but no so much for crash mode since that mode is kind of hidden under "showtime" but isn't nearly as cool as it was in BR. You can't restart a race if you mess up (and you will in the open city) only stop your car for 3 seconds to quit the race and drive to the beginning or try and make it to the finish line anyways. Even though I am used to it now, the "compass" and map are hard to get acclimated to at first but you get the hang of it quickly.

It is just annoying that they rely on free roaming so much that you have too much freedom in races and not enough direction that in the beginning you will find yourself meandering off the set path and getting turned around. The only good news is that before you get to the B license, the AI is really weak and practically slow down if you get too far behind. I am almost at the A license and its a little tougher, but you also get used to mapping out a course to your destination. thats another gripe is the fact that there are only 8 finish lines. Your starting point will differ, but you will end up in 1 of 8 places.

I know that sounds like a ton of griping but I am having more fun with paradise than I did with revenge. I love the burnout franchise but to me Burnout Revenge was too tedious towards the end and got old faster than Burnout 3 or Burnout Paradise. The method of unlocking cars is much more fun than before. When you win 'X' amount of races a car will be driving along the streets of paradise city and you have to find it and take it down to own it. Select the new car you won and find its burning route (much better than in previous iterations in the burnout series) and win that burning route to get the upgraded version of that car.

Plus on top of everything you can always just drive around and hit many of the ridiculously sweet super jumps and hit billboards and the "smash ups" which are gates to uncharted paths in paradise city. I have not tried any of the online racing or challenges yet but from what I hear its the tried and true burnout fashion... fast and awesome. Do yourself a favor and pick this one up when your xbox is done with its RRoD.

Royle
02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
The demo was freeeekin awesome. My friend has recommended I get it by the end of the week and he is a racing game god.

Orange and Blue
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I think this game rocks, definitely miss the crash events from revenge but I think this is the best arcade racing game on the 360. Go buy it!!

deleted24022010
02-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Well I know alot of people will diasagree with me, but I thought the demo was just HORRIBLE. It really made me not want to buy Burnout Paradise. Well fortunately my girlfriend bought it for me when it came out (she knew how much I liked Revenge but didnt know I hated the demo).

Well it turned out to be a great game so I am definitely glad I got it and I feel every person who owns a 360 should own both Burnouts.

I'm on the fence on which of the two I actually like better but if I HAD to pick one I'd go with Burnout Revenge. I like the linear style gameplay and the achievements were just what the name implies...achievements.

Paradise has "almost" no loading, great graphics, seamless online play, and I like the online accomplishments. I dont like Showtime, but I do like the time trials for each street. There are 2 BIG downsides to me though and that is the lack of event reset and the inability to disable the crash scenes which take WAYYY too long and only add to the frustration of traffic that does everything it can to pull right in front of you.

Anyways, I highly recommend both games and I truly doubt you would regret purchasing either or both.

loudjake
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
trust me it is soo much better than burnout paradise. the free roam makes this game ace. seriously. buy it. you will not be dissapointed