PDA

View Full Version : help with the giant eel

n1n3t33nd3lta
02-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Alright, I've made it to where you find slade and fight the huge ass eel, but I dunno how to beat it. Any tips or pointers? I've spent the last 20 mins of my life just running around down there as it throws shit at me.

lawlessSaturn
02-11-2008, 04:15 AM
there is some vents that have steam coming out of them just shoot the flame throwing at the ones with steam coming out when he swings his head at you the vents go in a order from left to right and right to left never random:drunk

rockhopper
02-11-2008, 05:35 AM
I struggled with this boss too. Toughest boss in the game. Use your flame thrower on the vent that's smoking just as the eel lunges at you. They alternate in order. After hitting the eel, he will dive into the water. When he comes back up, watch to see if four of his tentacles come up out of the water. That means he's going to start throwing rocks at you. At this time, just switch to your knife and run back and forth so the rocks will miss. The eel will dive back into the water and now you can continue to the next smoking vent and repeat the process when he comes back up. Just make sure after like every time you hit the eel with a vent and he comes back up from the water the next time to switch to knife and run around until he stops throwing rocks. Also try using RB to launch the grenades from the flamethrower at him too in between vents. That helps it go faster. You shouldn't die this way. As long as you make sure to dodge the rocks.

SouP x360a
02-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Use the search function this strat has been posted at least 3 times in this forum

n1n3t33nd3lta
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys. Close it down.

wwwGODcom
02-12-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm on my 12th try on this guy and getting very annoyed. I've tried every strategy i've seen so far. My problem is I can't dodge the stupid spikes. On my screen it looks like i'm dodging them and then like a second later I get hit by them. Does anyone have any other pointers? Thanks in advance.

Grishnaar
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
When he starts throwing the spikes, pull out your shotty and strafe back and forth around the middle geyser where you have the most room to move. Just as he throws it, do a roll to dodge. After you get up, pump a few shots into him to get him to dive so you can melt his face again.

-Grishnaar

Justicezero
02-17-2008, 04:53 AM
thanks this thread worked well, I bet the Eel finally after hitting with the vents and random grenades. Main thing to remember is the knife out when you dodge, i didn't do this until I read the thread and that made the most difference, Thanks guys!

SouP x360a
02-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Too dodge the spikes just go towards the left vent and hug the wall and side-dive left and right, you will NEVER get hit.

whomynextvictem
02-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I struggled with this boss too. Toughest boss in the game. Use your flame thrower on the vent that's smoking just as the eel lunges at you. They alternate in order. After hitting the eel, he will dive into the water. When he comes back up, watch to see if four of his tentacles come up out of the water. That means he's going to start throwing rocks at you. At this time, just switch to your knife and run back and forth so the rocks will miss. The eel will dive back into the water and now you can continue to the next smoking vent and repeat the process when he comes back up. Just make sure after like every time you hit the eel with a vent and he comes back up from the water the next time to switch to knife and run around until he stops throwing rocks. Also try using RB to launch the grenades from the flamethrower at him too in between vents. That helps it go faster. You shouldn't die this way. As long as you make sure to dodge the rocks.

thx man this help really helped me