PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at 2 star fame

botafogo007
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been stuck at 2 star fame, with the bar maxed out, for around 6 hours of gametime now. I've got a total of 17-18 hours played but cannot for the life of me get raised to 3 stars. I've done several storyline quests, some extra quests, etc, and nothing seems to push me over the edge. Does anyone know what triggers the event that raises your fame? Do you need to have a certain percentage done in all books or in the first 3? The only thing I can think of is that I've never been able to find horsebows on the battlefield so I'm sitting at 0%.

Shinobi273
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Maybe you need to progress along the story campaign more...

Story related are usually brought to your attention by the Bartender or a Soldier.
They also have an Icon next to them when you go to select a Campaign.

botafogo007
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe the storyline is just way longer than I'm expecting, but every time I see a ! quest or new gossip or whatever I take care of it immediately, then do the generic missions till a new one pops up. I guess I'm just hoping I didn't miss some vital story event or something along the way.

Shinobi273
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Maybe the storyline is just way longer than I'm expecting, but every time I see a ! quest or new gossip or whatever I take care of it immediately, then do the generic missions till a new one pops up. I guess I'm just hoping I didn't miss some vital story event or something along the way.

I have been following the forum here and it didn't seem like you could miss anything except the firearms book, but that is way later and even then, it sounds like you won't miss it.

botafogo007
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I have been following the forum here and it didn't seem like you could miss anything except the firearms book, but that is way later and even then, it sounds like you won't miss it.

Yeah I haven't read anything about it either which is why it seems strange to me that I haven't gotten it yet. Guess I'll just keep playing and hope it pops up. Thanks for the responses!

Drop 004
02-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah i found i got stuck on fame lvl 2 for a long time as well, i then suffered the red ring of death shortly after reaching 4.

I found lvl 2 to 3 was alot longer than the other ones.

Also make sure you keep doing any missions with ! next to them.

master_kaos
03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I am having this exact same problem. I have been on 2 star for atleast 4 or 5 hours and have been doing every mission with a ! beside it but cannot seem to get 3 star.
Does anyone else have any info on how to get to 3 star?

master_kaos
03-22-2008, 03:04 AM
ahh nevermind the battle finally came up and got to level 3. But man did that take a long time

Rink Rat 55
03-22-2008, 03:50 AM
Aye, I have been at 2-star fame for at least 10 hours now. I'm going to take advantage though to level up my units in the meantime to prepare for the very hard battles I have read about here on the forums.

Mtld
03-22-2008, 02:55 PM
The name of the mission is something like "Battle at Poitiers". Unfortunately, my game freezes after getting to level 3, during the loading screen before getting to the tavern, so I'm stuck and can't progress ...

Am I the only one with that problem ??

master_kaos
03-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I have freezing problem to, but it comes in waves. Ill play the game for 4 hours and maybe have 1 freeze, but then the next time Ill have 3 or 4 freezes in an hour. If I get 2 freezes close together time wise ill usually just set the game down for the day or for a couple hours.
The freezing has made me almost give up on the game

Mtld
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm used to freezing problems in this game, but this one is different. It freezes in the loading screen after the campaign, before getting in the tavern. It froze at the same place 2 times ... maybe I'll try to take a different path (more days, destroy other cities) to see if it changes something.

I've been playing on an offline console. Is there a patch for this game ? If there's a patch, I'll take it online.

Rink Rat 55
03-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Crap, I hope it's not true with every copy of the game. I'll guess have to wait and see if it happens to meonce I get through the 2-star main quests.

FoxTenson
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
I haven't had any trouble with the game freezing myself,it could be related to a recent rash of DVD drives going out, or it could just be some copies of the game itself. As for 2 star fame..ugh i remember how long it took. Take as many easy missions as possible and use spears with javelin skill to storm the target bases. Not as much money but it'll make it go faster, even with the story missions.

benbam87
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
So no one has found the exact trigger yet as I am now stuck at the same part and it is giving me the shits

lord maiden
01-02-2009, 09:49 PM
there is a post saying which battle gets you to 3 star fame.
there must be an update that solves the freezing problem, i updated when i put the disc in and it has not frozen so far, i did install it to my hard drive, and installing it has made it a bit quicker (after the battles on the loading screens, before i installed it i had to wait, now it says to skip most of the time).

hope this helps

P3NGU1N 50LD13R
08-14-2010, 12:59 PM
As far as leveling it's just a very long game, and on freezing I've had no problems however I play in 2 hour max blocks as I can't just power play through this type of game. So saying that maybe it's the disc?