PDA

View Full Version : The disc is unreadable, try 1. 2.

Alex56
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Okay, so i'm playing bioshock to finish up some achievments. I go to hack a u-invent station and it starts to take a little while to load it, but that happens alot, after about 15 seconds of it not working, I try to open the xbox guide to see if the whole system is froze, I can hear it open but not see it open. So I restart my console, load the game up, and it starts loading my save for about 5 mins (unusual) then I get the disc is unreadable message, telling me to clean it with a soft cloth, so I look at my disc and it seems that my 360 mad a big scrath around about 1/2 the disc, So I clean it with a non-lint cloth, try it again but only to get the disc is unreadable message after about 30 seconds.

Any suggestions on what to do?

dark lord me
02-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Okay, so i'm playing bioshock to finish up some achievments. I go to hack a u-invent station and it starts to take a little while to load it, but that happens alot, after about 15 seconds of it not working, I try to open the xbox guide to see if the whole system is froze, I can hear it open but not see it open. So I restart my console, load the game up, and it starts loading my save for about 5 mins (unusual) then I get the disc is unreadable message, telling me to clean it with a soft cloth, so I look at my disc and it seems that my 360 mad a big scratch around about 1/2 the disc, So I clean it with a non-lint cloth, try it again but only to get the disc is unreadable message after about 30 seconds.

Any suggestions on what to do? you spent scratch wrong i corrected it

Alex56
02-12-2008, 12:06 AM
you spent scratch wrong i corrected it I think that was a useless post and that you spelt "spelt" wrong.

Andrew x360a
02-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Hmmm. I know it sounds obvious, but have you tried one of those disc repair kits? I know that you can get them at just about any electronics or game store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, etc.). Some game stores will have them on hand as well and try to fix the disc for you. If the scratch is really bad though, you might be completely out of luck. If that's the case, maybe just rent the game to finish it. Since its a single-player game only, you wouldn't really be missing out on lots of multiplayer fun in the long-term.

Edit: I agree, that second post was a complete waste.

JesusBread
02-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Scratches like that usually mean death to the disk.

FoxRacing1234
02-12-2008, 12:37 AM
I think that was a useless post and that you spelt "spelt" wrong.

I was thinking the same thing.

Scratches like that usually mean death to the disk.

My friend told me that you can call Xbox and they'll send you a new disk if they can tell it's the systems fault. I do have a hard time believing this but it's what I was told. He said he did before.

Netnabi4
02-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

My friend told me that you can call Xbox and they'll send you a new disk if they can tell it's the systems fault. I do have a hard time believing this but it's what I was told. He said he did before.

If that is true than people would be trying to force their xbox to make deep scratches once a game starts to act up. I highly doubt it's true, where did your friend hear this?

Blackjaw x
02-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I think that was a useless post and that you spelt "spelt" wrong.

All of these posts are now useless, but you both spelled "spelled" wrong.
Spelt ain't not no word!

Augustus
02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Apply bar soap in a lateral motion across the scratches and rub the residue in. Apparently it bonds to the disc and fills in the chip. In any case, it's fixed virtually every piece of shit EA game I own.

Alex56
02-12-2008, 01:40 AM
I took it to family video and they got the scratches out for 2$, thanks guys.

Deyankees1
02-12-2008, 03:45 AM
If that is true than people would be trying to force their xbox to make deep scratches once a game starts to act up. I highly doubt it's true, where did your friend hear this?

It is true but only for Microsoft Published/Developed Games so Bioshock doesn't fit that category. But games like Gears and Halo will.