PDA

View Full Version : Missing a few sprites

slimgrip
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Ive looked everywhere swatting everything that moves with the net but im still missing....

1 Flowerhead sprite
1 Flowerwinged sprite
2 leatherwing sprites

Is there a list anywhere of all the sprite locations?

Ive read in another thread that theres a sprite in a jar in the Quarry but i cant see it anywhere??
Also i found a sprite under a basket in the garage but when it challenged me to race numpty here went the wrong way & lost, is that race important & if so can i activate it again? Ive tried but the sprite never asks me to race again!!

Slim

eden
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
That sprite hangs out around the tree in the front yard after you first encounter it, so you can just go up to it and talk to it again if you want to race.

slimgrip
02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
If tried that,, it flies round the tree where Hogsqueal perches but i cant talk to it.

Semp Pi
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
If tried that,, it flies round the tree where Hogsqueal perches but i cant talk to it.

Yes you can re-challenge it, but it flies around so fast, just keep pressing B till the dialog shows up.

I used Jared for this race, he seems faster. Could just be me though.

buckyfellini
02-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I actually captured that sprite you race right at the start of the race, then used its power to sprint to the end! Pretty sure it was a glitch, but since I'd lost a couple time already, I'm glad my incessant button mashing paid off.

eden
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I basically went out to the forest road and stored up two Dash Sprites and used them during the race. That made it pretty straightforward.

slimgrip
02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
When do the jars in the quarry appear.
I have 2 garden sprites Phlax was the first, I just found a second(Trillium) in the same place(crawl to deep woods hole) who mentioned freeing sprites from jars with my slingshot.
So i headed on down to the quarry but no sign of jars in any trees!!
Any idea which tree they sposed to appear in?
Also do all the garden sprites appear in that same place? crawl hole to deep woods?

Slim

slimgrip
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Im now getting officially peed off with this game.
Ive recorded all 4 of the garden sprites but the last one from the jar in the Quarry hasnt gone to the garden so i cant complete the guide!
Any idea where hes got to? Talking to the other sprites led me to believe there was more than one jar to be smashed, is there?
I also cant get to race the other sprite again.

Slim

eden
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
The jars appear in the huge tree in the center of the quarry. I actually destroyed most of them early on in the game, so they appear long before you need them. The one with the sprite will respawn, but the rest stay gone.

I found at least one of the garden sprites in the caves (near a glowing crystal you need to slingshot to create a bridge). I don't remember which one.

Edit: Sorry, I was writing this message while you wrote your last one, so I didn't see it go up. I heard somewhere that the last leatherwing can't be sent to the garden unless you have the other three, so maybe you got it out of order? Can you see if the jar's respawned back in the quarry?

slimgrip
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
For me the quarry jar didnt spawn until i had the other 3 sprites.
When i get to the garden it isnt there, the other 3 are & there gardens have bloomed but Leatherleaf hasnt gone to the garden for me to speak to.
Ive gone to the quarry again but he or the jar isnt there.

QuasidodoJr
02-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Use up any health power-ups you have in store, because you have to use his power up before he'll spawn in the garden. After you use his power, if you're outside the estate, just walk inside the house and back out and he should be there. Then just talk to him.

slimgrip
02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Cheers Quasi.
Field guide now complete:)