PDA

View Full Version : Neglecting other consoles?

Chanderzz
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Im fortunate enough to own all 3 consoles, but due to the lack of achievements in their games i neglect them in favour of getting achievements on my 360.

What makes this worse is in the games company i work in we have a league so the competitions hot! Meaining im even less inclined to play games on other consoles.

Has any one else had experiences like this?

ZiM1021
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I had that problem with the Wii. It was fun to play in the beginning when I got it around Christmas in 2006 but the 360 has everything I want in a console right now, from the online play to the achievements and everything in between. I only wound up playing the Wii when I sent my 360 out for repair. This past Christmas, I sold my Wii on eBay for $320+, which resulted in more 360 games to fuel my love for it.

Chanderzz
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
See i to have had my wii since launch and never got around to playing twilight princess.. which this week i deceided to rectify and i occured to me that i have totally been neglecting my wii and ps3. Though i did play mario galaxy.

jaferris
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
im playing alot more of ps3 as got dmc 4 on that as have other 3 games on ps2
still been playing alot of the club though on 360 but more hours into dmc the story well gd

PerpetualHeaven
02-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Im fortunate enough to own all 3 consoles, but due to the lack of achievements in their games i neglect them in favour of getting achievements on my 360.

What makes this worse is in the games company i work in we have a league so the competitions hot! Meaining im even less inclined to play games on other consoles.

Has any one else had experiences like this?

If you own the PS3, you won't have that excuse any longer. I own DMC4 for the PS3 and the accomplishments are identical to the achievements. I just buy games based on preference usually. I let achievements go because quite frankly, it's a number that does nothing.

Dizzy Domes
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
It's not because of achievements for me, it's because of the games. I own a 360 and a Wii and I rarely play the Wii. I played Super Mario Galaxy for like two weeks. Also rented Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and played it for a couple days. Other than that I haven't played my Wii much except for the first week or two I had it. 360 just seems to be the only console dropping worthwhile games.

I will go back to Wii when some Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart action drops. And I will buy a PS3 when God of War III or Kingdom Hearts III comes out.

Chanderzz
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
If you own the PS3, you won't have that excuse any longer. I own DMC4 for the PS3 and the accomplishments are identical to the achievements. I just buy games based on preference usually. I let achievements go because quite frankly, it's a number that does nothing.

Unfortunatly its cheaper for me to buy multi-format games on 360 so the only time ill use my ps3 is if its an exclusive and for the ps3 atm they are few and far between. Cant believe they pushed back MGS and Little Big Planet

It's not because of achievements for me, it's because of the games..

It was never about the achievements for me either but the competition between friends has reduced it to that.

I am however enjoying playing a game for fun, in twilight princess, but can't shake the feeling of loosing out.

Royle
02-12-2008, 07:39 PM
I still play my PS2. I kept a few of my favorite games which are Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Resident Evil 4 and Tekken 4. I play my 360 more but you get pride out of completing Metal Gear Solid 2 on European Extreme. So when your mates come round just casually load up the save where you have completed the game on EE and they are astonished. I suppose they are shocked by my gamerscore because I have the highest out of all my mates. =]

DevorianDevil
02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
got the same thing, had my wii at launch and played it a lot, alone and with firends but then i got my xbox 360 a month later and 2 weeks later i hardly played my wii anymore. Even worse is that games like super mario galaxy, paper mario that i would probably love, i dont buy because i would be able to get less xbox 360 games.
Have to admit that achievements do get me hooked more to the xbox but the diversity it has aswell.

Most Frantic
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't play anything other than my 360 since Zelda Twilight Princess... SSBB will probably pull me away from it though.

TheWings977
02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't play anything other than my 360 since Zelda Twilight Princess... SSBB will probably pull me away from it though.
The Twilight Princess was one hell of a game, but I got a bit stuck in the Forest. :mad:

Chanderzz
02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
The Twilight Princess was one hell of a game, but I got a bit stuck in the Forest. :mad:

Im playing through it now (so please dont be mean and write spoilers) but i have to say im kinda dissappointed by it.

Ive been a zelda fan for as long as some younger gamers have been alive but this one wasn't the hyped up monster it was suppose to be. Its just a re-hash of Oot with a lick of paint and some fancy controls. People say oh is awesome check out the awesome puzzles but most seem to be ripped out straigh out of Oot.

I know it has some awesome new items and the new darkers style rules but.. it just wasn't different enough to impress the way Oot did and to a further extent Majora.

Im still playing and realising more some of its charms and who knows maybe by the end it'll have charmed me but after being put off finishing it a launch i lost a little faith.

Bax x360a
02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Since buying my PS3, I've started to care less and less about getting achievements. I've been on 36,000 for around 2 months now. The funny thing is, I have so many easy 1000s I could just put in to wrack up the points, but I don't see the point of it anymore. I'm starting to play for fun again :eek: Mortal Kombat has saved me!

fletcher2989
02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
well i dont have enough money to my name where i can buy all 3 consoles, but im not a complete achievement whore, i dont buy games for easy achievements like some of the people in these forums, i still play games because i heard they were good and fun, and thats what games r all about....my main point is that, achievement points dont add inches to ur dicks fellas, or pump up ur boobs ladies hahah....

UncommonRhys x360a
02-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I Have This Problem My Cousin Has A PSŁ *lol a wii And A Xbox 360 But I Want To Play Is The 360 the wii on wii sports occasionally but there is something to aim for on the 360 and somethings to boast about know what i mean ?

Augustus
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Until the Xbox comes up with an answer to Super Mario Galaxy, absolutely not.

vhayste
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Though I love my 360 that much, I still find time to play games on the PSP and sometimes on the PC and PS2. I just want to expand my gaming experience.

Chanderzz
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Well cheers guys, having spoke about this in the forums and reading my own actions wrote down it all sounds a little crazy in a re-read. So im gonna give up on trying to get all the achievements in a game and play for fun.

I had a pre-order for Dark Messiah for this friday and i just cancelled it in favour of Zak and Wiki which ive been putting of playing due to wanting to play 360 for achievements.

...still wont be playing much ps3 though as theres nothing really worth playing still.

gskillz99
02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
this happened with with my wi. got it december 06 and got twilight pricncess. what a great game! One of the best games ever. But after Zelda haven't got a game because i got a 360 for my b-day. my wii stands on my shelf gaining dust. until super smash bros come out;)

Th3 Apache Dog
02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I have a ps3, and a 360. I barely play my ps3 due to the fact it has no achievements. It's pretty sad, and I just can't bring myself to play the ps3 that much:(

KayTw0
02-13-2008, 09:23 PM
I have a PS3 and a 360, and well I haven't played my PS3 in weeks.

TheWings977
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Neglecting PS3!

x McGrim x
02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
I also have this problem. The only time I play my PS2, PSP, or NES are when my 360 is in for repair. That's the only thing I like about the RROD.

dark lord me
02-14-2008, 01:28 AM
I got a wii this chrstmas ... lasted like a week ... so wanted to return it but parents wanted to play it ....

vhayste
02-14-2008, 01:45 AM
The 360 is the reason why I still don't want a PS3. lol.

ThaMissinLink
02-14-2008, 04:16 AM
I also own all 3 systems and the only game I ever picked up for my Ps3 was Warhawk and it collects dust..I played it for about 1 day...and my ranks and kills didn't count the next time I turned it on cuz they "reset" the servers....so I said fuck it....my wii is modded and I own about 40 or so games for that...and still, never play it...the novelty wore off really quick...and having that many games, does not let you get into one, as you just move on much faster then if you spend 60 bucks on a game and only own a handful at a time...

I thought that I just played for achievements, but rounding off my 5th full day (120 hours) of COD4 online..I realized I'm playing games for the right reasons still...so...I'm pretty happy with that..

But ya, I neglect the others, because there is that sense of goal for 360 games..and I enjoy the friends list and communication alot more on 360..

dark lord me
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Wishing i could have returned wii and all the games i got for christmas this year. Wii sucks Xbox 360 owns

JC
02-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I love the 360 due to achievements and the Wii feels the neglect...

GottiMafia
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I got a 360 and a Wii but the Wii games just dont hold their replay value. I played through Super Mario Galaxy and beat it but thats it. And right now I dont see the reason to plop down 500 dollars for a PS3 right now when my 360 does the same thing and it has achievements.

Paleo Looshe
02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't own a Wii or PS 3, becuase of the fact that I know I would neglect the poor machines, 360 nailed it and is king of the beast.
Having achievements makes me feel like I accomplished something when I conquer a game and don't feel like I wasted my life away.
And 360's online gaming community is unrivaled by any other.
360 4 life!!!:drunk (or until the new xbox comes out, ahem)

Agent Earl
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
i used to have a wii but i never played it bc there was no good games and it was "kiddy" the 360 has everything

Daywalker-san
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
My PS3 is gathering dust. the last time i went on it was to show someone how to beat the final boss on DMC4 via video chat.
Xbox 360 FTW!

Chanderzz
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Drakes Fortune is worth aplay through if you own a PS3, its the only game i have...

And since starting this thread have gone out and bought a few wii games, im loving Zack and Wiki and endless ocean is so cool and relaxing!

tadpeters
02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
My PS2, regular X-BOX, Gamecube and N64 have sad faces. :(

drakehellsing
02-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh yeah, I have a PS2 as well as my 360.

I haven't played on PS2 for a while now, not that many good games out as of late for me, I mean, nothing seems interesting enough to want me to play.

gatorbait
02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I don't have plans to get a PS3 but I don't even touch my Wii much even though I think it does have a good amount of games. The achievement system is way too addicting to even take off just a little bit of time. And of course when a new game comes out its just not another game added to the 360's library but another opportunity at 1000 additional points. Damn you MS!

JJOR64
02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Some times I play my Wii a lot and barely my 360 but sometimes it's the other way around. I all depends on the game. When SSBB comes out I will be playing my Wii for a while.