PDA

View Full Version : Burnout corrupted my save

Jabi1
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Right, I was 4 Burning Routes short from Elite, when this happened. I used to use the Load-option when I screwed a race, so I would return to the Junkyard. Half the time this made my game to crash. Unfortunately, I can't even get to play anymore. When I start the game, it always freezes at the startup loading screen. If I make a new save it works, but no way in hell I'm playing this crappy game again from the start.

dogboy12
02-15-2008, 02:36 AM
ohhh...that's sad...well I guess sell the game or redo the game...

razzleson
02-15-2008, 06:13 AM
If it had problems around half the time, why would you keep doing it?

That makes no sense. Burnout didn't mess up your save, you messed up your save.

roy1751
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Anytime a game crashes while saving or loading it will likely corrupt the save. This happened to me in Forza 2, had all the cars... lost everything... :( <-sad face
I backup to a memory card now after every game session. Paradise only froze a couple times on me which is actually pretty good for EA game. ;)

TugSafc
02-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Don't blame the game, blame yourself or even microsoft, as its the actual console that started crashing in the first place

Jabi1
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Yea but the console only crashes continuously with this particular game. And when a game has a Load-function, I expect it to work properly, especially in this game. Free roam+racing game=failure.

DJ Seg E
02-19-2008, 11:24 PM
unlucky, ive not had any problems at all with burnout crashing, just problems with the servers