PDA

View Full Version : Suggested order of play through for quickest 1000 points

E vee dub
02-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Play through on NORMAL difficulty first and complete all quests (follow the item lists in these forums). As you earn $$ along the way, visit the gift shop and purchase costumes and upgrades to increase your character's attributes.
1st buy:
Bonus Damage for ------10,500 and
Bonus Fairy Dust for ----7,700
then,
Shrek Pirate Outfit ------4,250,
Puss Evil Knight Disguise -2,850 (secondary)
Fiona Funeral Dress -----2,150 (secondary)
Sleeping Beauty Gown --2,500 (secondary)
Donkey Dragon Disguise -3,650 (secondary)

After you beat the game, purchase the GRIMM difficulty (1,500) and then play through. You'll realize that you can run past about 75% of all fights. Only fight those necessary to level progress. GRIMM can be done in less than 4 hours. (NOTE: Be sure you can afford Charming difficulty before you finish Grimm or you'll be wasting time replaying levels for $$. Thus, certain outfits are secondary.)

Then purchase CHARMING difficulty (15,500) and breeze through it even faster. 1000 achievement points in just a few days.

manieldoran
02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks I'll try this when I get it to rent. Me being a gamer points whore and all ;)

lid
02-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I dont know about this method, I'm sure there are some faster ways. :/

Impulse
02-24-2008, 09:40 PM
The way it's told in the achievement guide is the best way to do it..

Play it on easy-normal.. Till you earn 10,000 which shouldn't be long, then unlock the charming difficulty, go through and complete all quests, art books, mugs (enemies are one hits)

Then do it on Grimm, and just concentrate on finishing the game, as you should have all quests done ;)

lid
02-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Yeah that's what I thought, it was listed on other websites too.

Grogan
03-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I assumed that because this is a kids game, it's an easy 1000 points.

shannasyvret
04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey i just want to make sure i understand what im doing and that i will get the achievements i played two levels on normal and now unlocked grimm and im going through all the stages making sure i get them all perfect etc. when i pass the game on grimm i will go back and do it on charming. should this enable me to get 1000???

xCHICKEN DIXx
06-10-2008, 06:10 PM
this game sux rent it do not buy it thank god id rented it

Chop tops plate
07-09-2008, 05:35 AM
I have beat it on Grimm first play through and only have a few levels that I need to perfect. If I perfect them on my way through Charming will I still get the achievements since it says at normal difficulty or higher???

manieldoran
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I have beat it on Grimm first play through and only have a few levels that I need to perfect. If I perfect them on my way through Charming will I still get the achievements since it says at normal difficulty or higher???

No unfortunately not. I did the same thing and got the rest of my needed Perfects on Charming and then wondered why the achievement didn't pop up. Then realised I had to play through the ones I did on Charming again, on Normal. Even worse, I couldn't remember which ones, so do the ones you need on Normal and then quickly run through the game once more on Charming.

Chop tops plate
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
k, Thanks a ton mate!!

g2thecore
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Damn, I think I messed up. I first started playing the game on Normal and got perfect on the first 4 levels. When I had enough money, I went and bought Grimm difficulty. Now I'm going through the game on Grimm and missed the perfect on a couple levels. This means I gotta play all those levels on both Normal and Charming again?! Damn it!

_DaNnY_
09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Damn, I think I messed up. I first started playing the game on Normal and got perfect on the first 4 levels. When I had enough money, I went and bought Grimm difficulty. Now I'm going through the game on Grimm and missed the perfect on a couple levels. This means I gotta play all those levels on both Normal and Charming again?! Damn it!

I'm sure once you have the perfect you have the perfect. Aslong as it was attained on normal or higher difficulty. :)

UNLV Alum
09-19-2008, 08:22 PM
The hard part is playing through the game a couple of times.

I like Shrek, but once was more than enough. Still, I'm slowly trying to get through it again. :D

Must ... get ... points.