PDA

View Full Version : Perfect ratio

xLUNCHTREYx
02-17-2008, 07:14 AM
i wish more devs would make there achievements this balanced. i think they are perfectly balanced, none like turok of course:mad:.

nosher
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
ye good achievements, most on turok are hard do u want to boost your gamerscore on it because i need all online achievments (turok)

cSELECT
02-27-2008, 08:56 AM
i wish more devs would make there achievements this balanced. i think they are perfectly balanced, none like turok of course:mad:.

Perfectly Balanced? Are you serious? Maybe that just the way you like your achievements to be, simple and fast online with rarly any online achiev's.
There are ONLY 5 online achievements on frontlines and the rest of the 25 are on single player. Hmmm.. 5/25 (1/6 of total achievements are online) doesnt seem that balanced at all to me. Now if you meant easy achievements all around, then yeah i agree, but balanced, its way far from that.

The moderate to hard achievements are what give the game replay value online.

Grishnaar
02-27-2008, 11:37 AM
I think they're great because they're giving the game a chance to stand on its own. They're gonna let the game provide the replay value. I wouldn't be opposed to more multi-player achievements, but honestly the way most game companies deal with online achievements they take them totally in the wrong direction. Things like 10,000 kills and host 100 ranked matches. Shit like that doesn't add replay value, it just adds a senseless grind.

Look at Call of Duty, not a single multi-player achievement and it's going pretty damn strong. That's what adds replay value, a game solid enough to bring you back for more every day despite no gamerscore being attached. Now I'm not predicting Frontlines to be the next COD 4, but I think they're achievement distribution is a step in the right direction in letting the game do the talking and not the points.

-Grishnaar

Paco Villia
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree with you. Many games are not worthy of the time spent for major online achievements. I have the 10k in gears but to be honest as good as that game is I don't think it was worth the time. These achievements are well balanced for the value of the game play. Imagine if this game required 40,000 points like COD3. Regardless I agree with the last post. I am a big shooter fan and this game delivers considering who made it. THQ finally made a good game. They usually make crap:(.

Well said!!!!!!:)

Xc0mmand0
02-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree with you. Many games are not worthy of the time spent for major online achievements. I have the 10k in gears but to be honest as good as that game is I don't think it was worth the time. These achievements are well balanced for the value of the game play. Imagine if this game required 40,000 points like COD3. Regardless I agree with the last post. I am a big shooter fan and this game delivers considering who made it. THQ finally made a good game. They usually make crap:(.

Well said!!!!!!:) Definitly. When I played the SP demo, I was like "nice job, you ruined another game." They have really improved it though, and it has become a fun game.

colburn
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
who cares about the achivements to me the game seems good all around fun for the time being but to say its balanced is def somthing to say about them.

highpass
02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Things like 10,000 kills and host 100 ranked matches. Shit like that doesn't add replay value, it just adds a senseless grind.

Thank you! Finally someone that agrees with me about all that crap. Especially hosting related ones, what sense of achievement do you get out of hosting for god's sake?!

These might not be balanced but at least there are some that require skill as opposed to purely time.