PDA

View Full Version : XBOX.com's Detailed Achievement Guide

x360a Louis
02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Xbox.com have made a guide for a few achievements and it is really detailed will someone add xbox.com's info into the guide

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/burnoutparadise/20080207-gamerscoreinparadise.htm

CovertDog
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
You can't just add other peoples info into one of our guides without the authors permission. Thats called plagiarism and we don't like when people do it with our guides, so we aren't going to do it to someone elses.

blackmagic16
02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
I saw that, it basicly discribed all ones that I already had

Tavvy
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
The ones they tell you about are the easy ones that everyone has pretty much got already.

Hawkins21
02-17-2008, 08:50 PM
he didnt plagerize anything he posted a link, thats differnet than copying the original source and prolaiming that he made it himself. if you acutally read his post he states that xbox.com has made a guide. you may want to look up the definition of the word plagerize. and consider also looking up the word slander.

Otisbum
02-17-2008, 08:56 PM
he didnt plagerize anything he posted a link, thats differnet than copying the original source and prolaiming that he made it himself. if you acutally read his post he states that xbox.com has made a guide. you may want to look up the definition of the word plagerize. and consider also looking up the word slander. It'd be smart to direct your attention to this:

will someone add xbox.com's info into the guide He is obviously asking for someone to copy parts of the Xbox.com guide into the guide here; which is plagiarism. Sure, he was fine by posting the link, but the act of copying parts of it into the guide here is where the plagiarism could start. Regardless of identifying the source, in this case it would be necessary to contact the author of the guide and ask for permission to use his work. It's just common courtesy.

Hayden
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
he didnt plagerize anything he posted a link, thats differnet than copying the original source and prolaiming that he made it himself. if you acutally read his post he states that xbox.com has made a guide. you may want to look up the definition of the word plagerize. and consider also looking up the word slander.

If you re-read the 1st post he asks that the information from xbox.com is added into our guide.

Covert dog is not accusing him of plagiarism but pointing out that if we add the information from xbox.com to our guide without the authors permission it is plagiarism.

Perhaps you should re-read a post before getting sarcastic with a mod and then you wont end up looking like a :ass

CovertDog
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM

You should look up the word, literacy. He was asking to plagerize and I was saying no. I'll type slower next time so you will understand.