PDA

View Full Version : A Good Place To Level Up?

ODiN
02-18-2008, 01:25 AM
I cant seem to beat this boss, my first instinct is to level up.

Any1 kno a good place?

ChaosGod87
02-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Where are you currently at?

ryanclive
02-18-2008, 03:46 AM
For the first and second boss, you actually have no choice but to level up on the surrounding areas.

Once you're in disc 2, Numara Atoll is a good spot. The enemies are tough at this point though, so use everything you've got. Find a Hell Shaker then use Poison, Curse and Shine on him. Keep on casting Curse every turn until you come up with a Kelolon or Virus/Toxin spell. Have Kaim and Seth perform Casting Support for the mages. If the Hell Shaker starts casting a spell (once there's a number 1 on his icon in the lower left of the screen), have any mage cast Seal on him and make sure to cast Casting Support (Kaim or Seth) on the mage. Just use earth based spells while the poison damage (or if you're lucky, Virus/Toxin) takes off about 1k HP every turn. Shakers have 9k+ HP.

For Silver Kelolons, use Gamble (Spirit Magic, learnable from Mack). Or use melee and pray you hit hehe.

Any level below 35+ will yield ONE full level up once you beat a Hell Shaker, low SP though. Silver Kelolons give 8 SP but low EXP. You can level up in Atoll until 45, where leveling gets a bit slow. Just stay near the save point so you could save with every level up as the Shakers can get lucky sometimes and kill you within a turn.

The next leveling spot would be on disc 4, so there's a big gap from here. (Credit goes to my friend TeeJay for the Atoll tips)

ODiN
02-18-2008, 07:34 AM
i am currently on Disc4 the boss i cant seem to beat is the 3 tanks after u beat the Arthosarus

MyAbsolution
02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I think i found a good grinding spot to power level...Go to Gongora's secret cave. Its his little lair below his mansion... Make sure to equip everyone with anti-petrify. You will fight 5 creatures only. Every encounter is the same, so there arent any surprises or extra monsters.

I leveled up 15 levels in an hour down there. It is truely an amazing place to grind.

jaferris
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
i am currently on Disc4 the boss i cant seem to beat is the 3 tanks after u beat the Arthosarus

have you searched for the holy beast
it is located small island called Numara Atoll, too fight it u need mings harp ,

there only silver kellon and a sea creature for random battles they are easy but offer loads of exp and if you have learnt double exp from sed you be in the high levels pretty quick. though the seas creature has 9000 health points so have strong magic and use powerus on seth and kaim and use combo will win the battle in few turns

l2evo
02-18-2008, 12:22 PM

I'm with you on that one. The three tanks are crazy strong!! It took me 6 tries until I finally beat it just now. To be on the safe side be sure to caring Healing Tanks and Mana Tanks or the best ones that you can purchase. Make sure your around lvl 43+. First aim all your attacks on Kakanas Cannon first until it is finally destroyed. After attack his tank. Once he is destroyed kill the other 2 tanks. Make sure you heal when necessary. I would say in every turn heal with the person that is best with healing. For me it was Cooke. Hope this help in a way and good luck!!:)

l2evo
02-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh and another thing. Where do you get Ming's Harp?

Stebs
02-18-2008, 01:18 PM
best place to level up is the temple of enlightenment. if you not that strong dont go inside just hang around the save point outside of the temple

l2evo
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Where is the temple of enlightenment?

Stebs
02-18-2008, 01:27 PM
bottom right of the map, i think you need the white boa to break through the ice

l2evo
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Alright cool thanks a lot. Around what lvl will I be able to go to in that area?

ryanclive
02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Alright cool thanks a lot. Around what lvl will I be able to go to in that area?
45 would be good, as suggested by Stebs in the other thread.

ODiN
02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Thnx heaps every1 im gettin heaps of lvls now, should be able to take the tanks down pretty soon.

And i also would like to kno where to get mings harp?

ryanclive
02-19-2008, 05:13 AM
And i also would like to kno where to get mings harp?
When you get access to the White Boa, go to the end of the Guest Area floor, to the Queen's room and press A on the Harp in the middle of the room.

ODiN
02-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Thnx heaps !!! much appreciated

Rewmac
02-25-2008, 09:44 PM
So Disc for after White Boa which is the best levelling spot? Because there are a lot of possibilities listed in this thread.

LK-1987
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Temple of Enlightenment is best for lvling after you get the White Boa...my lvl 60 characters are still getting a lvl each battle

Y2KFROST
02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes, the secret cave in Gongora's mansion is good for leveling up, but only up to level 50.... However, I used Sed in my party so I can take advantage of Double SP, EXP, Items. And I get roughly 10 SP each fight so If you need to learn all the accessories that's a good place, inspecially if u equip your Immortals with +3 accessories u can learn 3 at a time.

Y2KFROST
02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
A faster way to beat Kakanas on Disc 4, is to be around level 50 ( iwas 55 Kaim, Seth, 52 Sed, 51 Ming, 50 Sarah). Have Ming or Sarah Cast "All Generata", All-Shield or All-Shieldus/ Barricade/Baricadus and Cover/Coverus. Make sure that Kaim, Seth, Ming & Sarah have equiped "Absorb Guard" So u don't lose any MP, Absorb Attack ( Talisman Accessorie) , Attack Up, Defense Up, Counter Up and Counter (its amazing how many times i get free hits) and Double Counter, Also if you have Combo 3, u can deal a good 3-4K per turn with kaim and seth. Have Kaim learn Royal Accesorie so U can use Totems Sword which iyelds damage of over 1200, Rings: Attack Damage Level 3, Machine Level 2 or higher, ( i have machine level 2), if you have Sed in your party than have Sed steal the 99 Rifle and use it right away.

Zenquen
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I just got the White Boa, where should I go now? I am not really sure what I'm supposed to do. I tried leveling up at the temple of enlightenment, I do okay outside but once I go inside I get creamed. I am not sure what to do.

Y2KFROST
02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Zenquen.... u might have an easier time at the temple if you do other side quests first. Gongora's Secret Cave, Totems Knight, The Pirates, Persona, Kelolong King,Cave Worm, Numara Atol (slot +10).... I saved the Temple as the last side quest. Also, have you tried going to Gongora's Secret Cave??? Have Sed with you so u can get double everything. If youre not at level 50 yet, Gongora is a good place to get up to level 50 with all your characters but just make sure u have Anti-petrify(a must) and Anti-Dizzy(recommended).

Zenquen
02-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I am up to level 55, I ran inside the temple and went all Joe Swanson on them like "LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!" And actually won a few battles. I guess I just wanted to level up at the temple and then come back at level 99 and completely win all the sidequests. Although I do see it your way, it would probably be easier to do some side quests first, especially a +10 amulet, junkies!

FatChxGttaPay
02-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Do sidequests too, so when youre leveling up you can learn skills from your new accessories.

Zenquen
03-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Another question, how exactly does one kill the Silver Kelolons. I know im supposed to use gamble but the little buggers run away before I can actually use it!

Eatenbyapuma
03-04-2008, 05:01 AM
Another question, how exactly does one kill the Silver Kelolons. I know im supposed to use gamble but the little buggers run away before I can actually use it!

Casting Support. You need fast casters as it is, though, so make sure you have, like, Cooke and Ming doing it. Someone needs Double SP, and it's recommended to have 3 Accessories. It's a Kelolon bloodbath from there. What I do, though, is have Sed use Turn-Tail when you get a Hell Shaker, because the SP is lousy and the XP doesn't matter at 55+ anyways. At the second disc, I had Cooke, Mack, Kaim, and Seth and 50 from a couple of hours at Numara Atoll.

Be careful, though. Balance is key. Don't make my mistakes and leave your other characters in the dust.

Bulletslugs
03-04-2008, 06:08 AM
DISC 4 GRINDING SPOTS FOR SP AND XP

Favorite XP Grinding spots: (in order)
Gongora cave is a great way to get all your alts to level 48-49 very quickly without big fights (just equip anti petrify on everyone) You basically get 1 level after every fight until your 48 on those mortals. A nice side effect is its decent SP too so u grind SP here at a decent rate. after lev 48-49 on all your mortals.. leave that place for good.. there is better areas to grind.

After that

Temple of Enlightenment (outside don't go in yet) this helps get players to low level 50's and unlock those achievements. same thing here 1 level per fight on mortals into there lower 50's.

Temple of Enlightenment (inside) this is very hard early on but once you level up it gets easier... you can pump you levels up to 70-80 in here rather quickly. In here you get 1 level per fight i think until upper 60's.. then it slowed down. (cant remember)

Favorite SP grinding spots: (once you get those mortal achievements go here for skill link mastering them)
Forgotten cave - This place has a series of bat things that frequently spawn with double sp equiped on the team.. you get 20 sp per fight.. and these fights are a joke. You can knock out SP training quick here.