PDA

View Full Version : Similaraties to...Advance Wars?

acurate bob
02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Has anybody else noticed that the way you order, attack, move, capture buildings, the charecters designs and the map design is far too similar to advance wars from the GameBoy Advance?

I love this game though, as i also love Advance Wars...

Feel My Rage
02-19-2008, 03:30 AM
I know man, that was acctually the reason I bought this....wiithout trying a demo.I love advanced waes, and except for the rather lengthy 3/4 way battles you can get into I have been glad of every moment that I have had the game

The only reason I say "except for" is that the computer is too dull for those kinds of fights.They spend more time at each others' throats than at yours.Not necisarrily a bad thing, but I just like it that way....y'know, where you are constantly changing your tactics?Nothing like a human opponent can do that for me.

AlphaXGamerXDad
02-19-2008, 04:34 AM
Thats fantastic news for me. Advance Wars is my favorite portable title ever. Did Commanders drop that stupid Fog of War crap? I'll buy it regardless but I hated the fog.

Feel My Rage
02-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Nope, the fog of war is still there....unfortunatly.

Ted de Braak
02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
It is exactly like Advance Wars - and that is a great thing. Only thing different are the commanders.

nbStryker
02-19-2008, 11:09 PM
The fact that they kept it so similar to Advance Wars is a huge PLUS! Love AW. Love this game.

Sephalon
02-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I guess these comments will get me to purchase this game. It looked really good when I saw the trailer. I wasn't sure how close it was to Advance Wars but since you guys say its pretty much the same, I'm definitely gonna get this one. Thanks guys on the info.

nictasty
02-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Although I was glad about the similarities, I was kind of sad at the same time. If people just keep pumping out clones like this and they sell, then we just keep getting more of the same without any real ingenuity. I say this, but I still bought the game, oh well!

Ted de Braak
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I personnally don`t have that much of a problem with clones. As long as it is a good game it is fine with me. Besides there is no Advance Wars on the Xbox, so at least it is better than nothing.

acurate bob
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
yeah nictasty has it tirght, i was the same, lad it like it so much, but upset because of it too, but hey, im still gonna get it, when my 360 get back from service, three red lights ARGH!!!

but like Ted de Braak said, "Besides there is no Advance Wars on the Xbox, so at least it is better than nothing." this is true...

CucciKutta
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
you can't be too upset at its simularity to advance wars.. after all there were several turn-based hexagonal games before advanced wars (like PTO and Super Conflict for SNES). There were a few for Win95 too.
None were as cute as advance wars though.

Advance Wars is almost EXACTLY like Super Conflict btw.. it may be made by the same developers. Oh the good 'ol days when I was 9

JohnnyRogue24
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Advance wars is by far one of my fav TBS games. I played that forever when I had my Gameboy back in the day.