PDA

View Full Version : Why do 80% of players online seem to go "all in" before the flop??

Surgeon_Sniper
02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I hate when you start a game and somebody throws all their chips down 10 seconds into the game. Please tell me some people who play online actually know what they're doing.

CovertDog
02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
No poker game is ever good unless you are playing for real money. There is no risk of lossing anything so no need to play smart.

Surgeon_Sniper
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Then why buy this game if you're not going to play right? Just to piss off others? Hell you don't have to shill out 50 bucks to do that.

KolaNut
04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
It is frustrating, especially if you call with AA or AK suited and get bust by some crappy 2 pair like 8s and 4s :mad:

Dynamodux
04-23-2008, 12:19 PM
as above but with real money poker people are less aggressive due to actually losing money and the longer they are in the game people will lose and have a higher chance of winning the prize pot :)

thats how i played when i was in a tournement anyways and i came 4th out of 50 players :)

KolaNut
04-29-2008, 09:25 AM
After playing this a few times online I have given up completely on the game. I want to love it but it's so frustrating. Gonna stick to PartyPoker or PokerStars!

ginrog
05-09-2008, 09:07 AM
It is frustrating, especially if you call with AA or AK suited and get bust by some crappy 2 pair like 8s and 4s :mad:

Have you ever watched the pros play poker? They play some of the crappiest cards ever man. Gus Hanson will raise with anything in his hand. I was watching last years World Series and seen The Mouth go all in with pocket 3s or 4s. Can't remember which anymore. To top this all off doesn't everyone know what the "Doyle Brunson" hand is? For those that don't know it is a 10-2. He won back-to-back bracelets in the 70's with this hand. Watch some of the videos in the game and they talk about Lederer's 'always raise on the button' heads-up. Crappy play and playing with crap starting cards is not a rookie thing or a n00b thing or arrogance. Everyone does it. Just sux when you lose to it.

Spades12321
05-13-2008, 03:06 AM

If you call all inon the first hand with AK you should expect to lose, its not as good as it seems. Especially online in this game where three or four people will go all in on the first hand. Your chances of winning with AK are very low. Losing on AA though is just taking the piss though.

pm88
06-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Advice for people who want to play right.
Play on a real poker website.

zlionsfan
06-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Have you ever watched the pros play poker? They play some of the crappiest cards ever man. Gus Hanson will raise with anything in his hand. I was watching last years World Series and seen The Mouth go all in with pocket 3s or 4s. Can't remember which anymore. To top this all off doesn't everyone know what the "Doyle Brunson" hand is? For those that don't know it is a 10-2. He won back-to-back bracelets in the 70's with this hand. Watch some of the videos in the game and they talk about Lederer's 'always raise on the button' heads-up. Crappy play and playing with crap starting cards is not a rookie thing or a n00b thing or arrogance. Everyone does it. Just sux when you lose to it.
Well, in my experience, the difference is that when pros play weaker hands in a money game, they have a strategic reason for doing so.

When people go all-in all the time in a free game, they do it because they can: it may look the same, but it's for totally different reasons.

Everywhere I've played for free, people do that. If you're careful, though, it's actually an advantage for you. Just play conservatively and in the long run, you will do very well against those players. You just have to stay cool when your AA loses to 8-2 off-suit.

Jonny2448
08-23-2008, 05:55 AM

Ok well you play differently when your doing heads-up. If there are 6 people at the table and you have a pair of 6 after the flop. It probebly isnt a good hand. But if you are doing a heads up match thats a GREAT hand, Its like pocket aces with 6 people at the table. Doyle had 10 "SUITED"< Thats an important part.

Back to the noobs. I just make enough money to move up to tables that they cant get in. How it works for you guys and goodluck.

Wargasm
08-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Poker on the consoles is useless noone knows what they are doing
you should play pokerstars.com great website tournaments 24/7 evrything
except the bad thing about the US u cant gamble online stupid stupid stupid

Bishop566
10-11-2008, 04:04 AM
I play on Pokerstars.com for real money everyday and people play just as loose for real money!

S1C TRIGGER
05-09-2009, 04:15 AM
they do it to try for their online knockdown ach. is my guess

DreadfulCorpse
05-25-2009, 02:51 PM
It's normal, it's because they have a good hand.

zx12cv34
07-26-2009, 03:57 AM
ever heard of bluffing? =D

bravery + good cards + all in = chance of winning BIG.

they won't pass it up. and eliminating other cards before the flop has a higher chance of winning than waiting for the flop, as people who think they have a bad hand would already leave by folding. They just don't know that their bad cards could win it all. Like Doyle Brunson over there.

eXo Arthur
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Probably because it is on the console. I know that even on Pokerstars, which is online, people will play conservative in fake money servers.