PDA

View Full Version : Rein On Epic Buyout Rumor: $1B? We're Not That Cheap

Weapon 117
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
A GamePro editorial recenlty suggested that Epic Games could be purchased by Microsoft for $1 billion this summer. When contacted by Develop Magazine, Mark Rein said:

"I have not seen the actual GamePro article but if they're going to make predictions about us selling Epic we would prefer if they started at $2 billion. Because we don't want anyone thinking that we're cheap. :)"

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15749/Rein-On-Epic-Buyout-Rumor-1B-Were-Not-That-Cheap/

Vista
02-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Wow Interesting. Maybe after M$ buys Epic, they can help make a better hunk of junk than the first GoW.

SmallCheezFry
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
If you think $1 Billion is cheap, not too sure how $2 Billion is that much different.

Still a shitload of money...

J O 12 D
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah because you see $1 Billion going round everyday, I guess if it was $2 Billion it would make it 1 Billion GBP so it is quite a difference but still isn't cheap!

jaferris
02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
yer is cheap considering ms will be getting money from games using the unreal engine so 360 and PS3 games
i dont see it happening imo be too many legal issues and sony would be pissed lol

Bax x360a
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow Interesting. Maybe after M$ buys Epic, they can help make a better hunk of junk than the first GoW.
Gears of War a hunk of junk? Have you ever played the game? Kids these days. Anyway, I'd kind of welcome Microsoft buying out Epic, because then at least it'd garauntee Gears of War 2 and 3 being Xbox exclusives.

allekpastrana
02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Gears of War a hunk of junk? Have you ever played the game? Kids these days. Anyway, I'd kind of welcome Microsoft buying out Epic, because then at least it'd garauntee Gears of War 2 and 3 being Xbox exclusives.
GoW 2 and 3 exclusive to the 360...sounds like a more GoW parties!!!!

LethalRope
02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Dont talk about gears of war 3 when 2 isn't out, for all we know gears 2 could be a massive let down doubt it will though.

Deyankees1
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Dont talk about gears of war 3 when 2 isn't out, for all we know gears 2 could be a massive let down doubt it will though.

Its because GoW is a type of game you can make a franchise out of thats why he said part 2 and 3. Plus if this goes down Unreal Tournament will become xbox exclusive in the future as well so this could be huge.

sam49
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
But the thing is that he didnt confirm if they have been brought yet or not.

daninthemix
02-21-2008, 10:09 AM

Xbox exclusives from MS usually come out on PC as well. I don't see Gears heading to any other console.

ac2565
02-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Gears of War is this generations Halo. Microsoft hyped Gears of War so much and it got great reviews and sales. Sound familar? I just know that Gears of War 3 will be for the next Xbox system.

DocRevolt
02-23-2008, 04:46 AM
Gears of War is this generations Halo. Microsoft hyped Gears of War so much and it got great reviews and sales. Sound familar? I just know that Gears of War 3 will be for the next Xbox system.
I don't want to have to shell out more money for a new Xbox system anytime soon. Don't even talk about the next Xbox :eek: