PDA

View Full Version : List of Games With Two or More Versions

Apple
02-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Can't get enough of your favorite game? Look here to see if you can boost your gamerscore with a different version! Find all the different versions here! All these games give you double or even triple the gamerscore if you play the different versions.

I'm trying to make a official list of all the games that have had more than one version released. Ex. (Eu) (Korean) (Germany) etc...

If I've missed any please let me know by posting.

I think there are three region specific Xbox's. US Version (United States, Canada) - European Version (Germany, Australia) Japan Version (Some of ASIA, Japan, Korea)

Retail Games
=========

0-9

A

ARMY OF TWO: Extra Versions (EU)

B

Bioshock: Extra Versions (German, Japan, Korean)

C

Conan: Extra Versions (German, Japan)

D

Dynasty Warriors 6: Extra Versions (EU)

E

Eragon: Extra Versions (EU)
Eternal Sonata: Extra Versions (EU)

F

G

H

Hot Wheels: Beat That!: Extra Versions (French)

I

J

John Woo Presents Stranglehold: Extra Versions (German)

K

L

Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal: Extra Versions (EU)

M

MotoGP 06: Extra Versions (Far East)

N

NASCAR 08: Extra Versions (EU)

O

P

Pro Evolution Soccer 08 or PES 08: Extra Versions (EU)

Q

Quake 4: Extra Versions (German)

R

S

Saints Row: Extra Versions (German, Japan)

T

The Darkness: Extra Versions (German)

U

V

W

U

X

Y

Z

Apple
02-21-2008, 12:31 AM
reserved for later use

SmallCheezFry
02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Does this help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_games

It only lists NA, EU, and JAP... but if you click on each game separately it tells you the release dates of all areas it was released in.

Blind x360a
02-21-2008, 12:49 AM
I don't think this is really needed.

But good job anyway.

gskillz99
02-21-2008, 12:49 AM
what is the point of this thread? its just gives a list of games that have multiple versions

Apple
02-21-2008, 12:52 AM
what is the point of this thread? its just gives a list of games that have multiple versions

This is basically for those who are gamerscore whores. They can look up this list and find which games they can get double Gamerscore points for.

Sanction
02-21-2008, 12:56 AM
This is basically for those who are gamerscore whores. They can look up this list and find which games they can get double Gamerscore points for.

But you would need 2 consoles. And not the same format either, a PAL and NTSC console, which not many Americans or Europeans have.

Apple
02-21-2008, 12:58 AM
But you would need 2 consoles. And not the same format either, a PAL and NTSC console, which not many Americans or Europeans have.

If there enough people that do this to post different versions on x360a.org then we should also have a fast list for them too.

MajinFro
02-21-2008, 01:44 AM
I love how whenever I see someone come up with an info thread, people come running in asking why why? and claiming it is not needed. Does it really hurt that there is a small thread with some dedicated information to a special categorization of games?

Personally I have considered possibly picking up a Pal and Japanese box for these type of games and if I ever do...I would find this thread very useful.

SmallCheezFry
02-21-2008, 02:39 AM

I've seen people with multiple versions of the same game on their gamertag. Just because not many people have both doesn't mean its not relevant.

I like the idea. Not sure if the list I posted above helps at all because I'm not sure if they are actually different versions of the game or just different release dates.

Edit: Just realized I argued with Sanction. I'm prepared to get owned...

Sanction
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
I've seen people with multiple versions of the same game on their gamertag. Just because not many people have both doesn't mean its not relevant.

I like the idea. Not sure if the list I posted above helps at all because I'm not sure if they are actually different versions of the game or just different release dates.

Edit: Just realized I argued with Sanction. I'm prepared to get owned...

Haha, I realize I'm coming across as a dick lately...mainly due to the fact that my 360 is broken, as so many people are now aware of.

So I'm sorry in advance to anyone I'm a dick to, it's not as personal as it seems.

SmallCheezFry
02-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Haha... its ok. Don't worry about it. I'm sure its frustrating to not have one, but I love the way you post because your blunt and too the point.

I was laughing when you posted "What. The. Fuck." to the feces quiz. Just plain funny.

Anyways, on topic, actually I have nothing more to add right now. Sorry for the off-topic.

I've been trying to find a list SOMEWHERE with games with multiple versions, but I just can't find it.

Apple
02-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Haha... its ok. Don't worry about it. I'm sure its frustrating to not have one, but I love the way you post because your blunt and too the point.

I was laughing when you posted "What. The. Fuck." to the feces quiz. Just plain funny.

Anyways, on topic, actually I have nothing more to add right now. Sorry for the off-topic.

I've been trying to find a list SOMEWHERE with games with multiple versions, but I just can't find it.

I think more and more games are going to have different versions very soon. Thats why this list is so essential.

KINGxSAINT
02-21-2008, 04:08 AM
I think this is a great idea! Also, the console needed to play these, should be listed next to the game. Dynasty Warriors 6 is also out in the US not just EU by the way. I went to gamestop today to get it and they had US version.

Apple
02-21-2008, 04:34 AM
I think this is a great idea! Also, the console needed to play these, should be listed next to the game. Dynasty Warriors 6 is also out in the US not just EU by the way. I went to gamestop today to get it and they had US version.

Thanks, i updated it. I'll try and find out information on the consoles and which ones are need to play each game.

DoM cAbAn
02-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Doesn't Blue Dragon have a Japanese version of the game?

razzleson
02-21-2008, 04:55 AM
I think this thread's great. A LOT of members on this site have region specific consoles purely for boosting and or playing games before they're released in their original region.\

Keep it up!

bplayak
02-21-2008, 05:13 AM
This is definitely a great list and what makes our site better than everyone elses. We have so much more of a wealth of information than anyone else do to the fact of our great members taking the time out of their busy lives to do things like this.

Marx0r
02-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Enchanted Arms has a Japanese version I believe.

Ryot Control
02-21-2008, 06:16 AM
So to take advantage of doubling up on games I would have to look into getting a region specific 360 too don't I...

Apple
02-21-2008, 06:48 AM
So to take advantage of doubling up on games I would have to look into getting a region specific 360 too don't I...

yeah depending on what games you want to play, you might need to buy a couple of them

SmallCheezFry
02-21-2008, 06:56 AM

Yea, there are different types of consoles that play different region specific games.

botafogo007
02-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I think this is a great idea. I've toyed with the idea of a Japanese console off and on and this would definitely help me. Here are a couple to add:

- Blue Dragon has at least 2 versions, one being Japanese. I'm not sure if the Asian version gives extra points as well.
- Castlevania: SOTN (yes, I realize this isn't a retail game) has a Japanese version that allows for an extra 200 points.
- Someone mentioned DW: 6 EU and US versions. Can you double up on that game? If so, does the Japanese version released a few months ago give more points too? (I doubt it).

beakilla
02-21-2008, 08:44 AM
blue dragon appears as the same game in all regions

beakilla
02-21-2008, 08:58 AM
if anyone knows a good site for german games let me know.

Jdm
02-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Agreed.

Ok I have two different region consoles. I have both PAL and NTSC.

I do think the console format / designation needs to be next to each variant of each game
ie. Looney tunes AA (NTSC) Looney tunes AA EUR (PAL) as this will make the information crystal clear.

Also us Europeans get the better deal thanks to Germany ;)

All of the german variants will play on a standard PAL box and of course thanks to many games not being region locked you can play some of these on any console anyway ;)

SO basically a further bit of information letting people know if the game is region free may help too ( this can be obtained thru large mail order game sites like Playasia or gameplus.ca etc)

Thumbs up from me though for the originator of this thread, good idea :)

I'm with Toby and Razzle.

I also own two different Region consoles. I have an NTSC-J and NTSC.

This is a fantastic thread, thanks to murderous appie!

P.S. Congrats on breaking the 100K Milestone Toby!

J O 12 D
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Yet again I have to agree with this thread, many people do have other region consoles for boosting up their score, I do hope to get a US one sooner rather than later and this list would help.

Here are a few you've missed;

Bulletwitch (Japanese)
PES 2008 (Japanese)

I would be happy to help you keep this list updated by posting more games :)

CovertDog
02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but I thought MS had put a stop to being able to get double points on a tag with the different regional games?

J O 12 D
02-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but I thought MS had put a stop to being able to get double points on a tag with the different regional games?

I can't say that isn't true but maybe what you've heard is that they may stop bringing out multi regional games so people can't get double/triple points but I don't think they can stop what they have already done in the past.

Hayden
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM

Not a stupid question, Ms haven't put a stop to it (yet)

I think this is a great thread as i have a pal and ntsc 360 try and list all the versions like fugitive suggested and between us I'm sure we can work out which consoles they will work on eg bioshock (Germany) will only work on pal console etc as i know some ntcs,ntsc-j games will work on pal consoles and vise versa

DocRevolt
02-23-2008, 04:51 AM
Well, I dunno if this counts, but you can get achievements on the 360 and PC versions of some games, like Halo 3, which both count towards your GS.