PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Issues?

avengerRPM
02-21-2008, 05:53 AM
I just bought this game for less than $10 and I can't make it through an inning without it freezing. I have tried 5 games now and it freezes at some point, somewhere, usually when a ball has just gone over the wall. And if it doesn't freeze it will sort of freeze, and then take a long time to get back to the game. The game has a few minor scratches on it, but nothing major.

Will this probably be fixed if I just go return it and try and get on less scratched?

I really wanna play it and get the achievements so I hope I can remedy this.

zdarko43
02-21-2008, 06:08 AM
I just bought this game for less than $10 and I can't make it through an inning without it freezing. I have tried 5 games now and it freezes at some point, somewhere, usually when a ball has just gone over the wall. And if it doesn't freeze it will sort of freeze, and then take a long time to get back to the game. The game has a few minor scratches on it, but nothing major.

Will this probably be fixed if I just go return it and try and get on less scratched?

I really wanna play it and get the achievements so I hope I can remedy this.
i had the same issue. check the disk out for any scratches/cracks. just return the game for a dif copy. that should take care of it.

avengerRPM
02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Alright, cool. That was gonna be my plan for today anyways. There is now way I am leaving a 2K6 game on my gamercard as a 0G, that just looks bad.

greg
05-11-2008, 03:28 PM
wow let me know if exchanging copy worked..cuz im having same issue..plus did you updated after putting the disc in or lefted unupdated?

a_correa4
05-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry, but I think you should get a new one or just stick to the 08 stuff.....lol

ThirdeYe
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I kept having issues with my disc as well. I bought it and it had NO scratches on it. I go to put it in my system, it tries to update, then freezes. I restart the system, it freezes on the black MLB copyright screen. Kept doing that after I tried it 3 more times. Returned the game and tried another, still did the same thing, froze on the MLB Copyright screen. I unplugged my network cable then it worked perfectly? lol, I don't know what the deal is, what a glitchy game.