PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to kill something.

Marx0r
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Okay, so me and Calzord have been racing to 200. We're tied completely at 42-4. I have to go to work, so I save, shut my console down, and leave. I take a shower, and when I get out I notice it's snowing. Long story short, I don't have to work. So, I get back on N+. And I notice that I've lost. TEN. FUCKING LEVELS. That's right, I'm back to level 32. I'm not about to redo all of this, so it's goodbye from N for a while. I just want to know, how in the hell did this happen in the first place?

M85A21
02-22-2008, 02:35 PM
You were on for ages last night too man, that sucks.

Marx0r
02-22-2008, 02:38 PM
You were on for ages last night too man, that sucks.

Dude, the game came out exactly 48:42 ago, and I haven't slept. It's been N-work-N-eat-work-N up until recently.

pavementpoop
02-22-2008, 03:55 PM
ha lol thats so fricking unlucky i'm on level 41 or summit the last few are hard man only achivement i need is to complete 50 episodes

tho saying that what happened to me on the co-op level nothing save for the achivement, ended doing them all again :(

Evil_Snow_Man
02-22-2008, 04:36 PM
So can we expect a change of you N+ > Than Everything avatar? :)

StumpyFlesh
02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
I apologize for that stroke of misfortune. I would probably quit for a while as well.

calzord
02-22-2008, 10:56 PM
its sad man real sad honest i greave for you we have gone through so much shit, now this i just hope that one day you can pull through and go again.
pavementpoop it seams to be between us then.
To the death.

pavementpoop
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
ha i've been playing so much of it to, i've done 41 episodes i believe, but now there like impossiable even the start of the episodes are getting fricking hard,

the longer levels are annoying because you do so much to die so silly to having to do the whole thing again :( will be awhile before i finish it all :/

o and the fact you have to do the whole episode before quiting as you cant go back half way through :(

MapleMire
02-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I would be so pissed if that happened to me. When you were saving, did you turn off the console when it was saving, or did you wait till it saved then turn it off?

punker
02-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Same happened to me. Thankfully, I only lost one episode. Now I'm all paranoid and make sure I exit out of the game before I just shut down the system.

Farrell
02-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Okay, so me and Calzord have been racing to 200. We're tied completely at 42-4. I have to go to work, so I save, shut my console down, and leave. I take a shower, and when I get out I notice it's snowing. Long story short, I don't have to work. So, I get back on N+. And I notice that I've lost. TEN. FUCKING LEVELS. That's right, I'm back to level 32. I'm not about to redo all of this, so it's goodbye from N for a while. I just want to know, how in the hell did this happen in the first place?

I guess the moral of this story is to never stop playing, no matter what. Work can always wait, so you should have just kept playing.

razzleson
02-23-2008, 06:04 AM
Wow, I thought this only happened to me. Luckily I only lost like episodes 13-24 or something, but still. I was annoyed as hell.

And yes, you've been playing wayyy too much :p Every time I see this kid online he's on N+.

Gigamonks
02-23-2008, 08:14 AM
And yes, you've been playing wayyy too much :p Every time I see this kid online he's on N+.

But this game is the shit, i remember making loads of user levels on the computer version :)

highpass
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I returned to this today only to find episodes 1-25 are "locked" again despite me completing them yesterday, does this mean i'm in the same boat?

Evil_Snow_Man
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I returned to this today only to find episodes 1-25 are "locked" again despite me completing them yesterday, does this mean i'm in the same boat?

Sounds like it. The only way to confirm a save is to exit the game back to the main menu, only than will it show a "Saving" screen, than you can leave to xbox dash or shut down your system

highpass
02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh, that's just excellent.

Back to square 1 then.

Th3 Apache Dog
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Sounds like it. The only way to confirm a save is to exit the game back to the main menu, only than will it show a "Saving" screen, than you can leave to xbox dash or shut down your system NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I JUST shut my console off, because I thought my mom came home, and I was in a middle of a level:(Hopefully nothing happens, but thankfully the levels weren't too hard, since I haven't gotten that far yet.

blackmagic16
03-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds like it. The only way to confirm a save is to exit the game back to the main menu, only than will it show a "Saving" screen, than you can leave to xbox dash or shut down your system good to know...

Nightdragon
03-04-2008, 03:23 AM
I feel for you man, this has happened to me at least 3 times. So now i play one episode at time, quit, then make sure it saved it.

Lost 5 episodes a few times, im not that far in, but its damn frustrating after you attempt a level 50-100 times and it doesn't save...

synister EFFECT
03-04-2008, 04:26 AM
if it was me, i would try starting at lvl 40 1st and beating the rest, since theres an achievement for beating 30 episodes, and it can't delete the ahcievement, IMO That's a risk willing to take, cuz if it works, u only lost 2 episodes instead. It still is a loss either but at least it's not as big of one;)

But that still sucks man, and I'm glad I don't have to mess with this stuff, considering I've already beaten the game:woop:

Tavvy
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Thats extreme bad luck and sorry to hear it
I hope you can do those 10 episodes again if not then screw the game it just angers me just trying to do some of the levels :(

avengerRPM
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Definitely always making sure to exit all the way out now before I ever turn off my box. I have gotten into the habit of quitting all the way out, and then going back into the single player menu to see that it has saved times for the episodes I completed.

IRONMAN
03-05-2008, 08:01 PM
i dont know why that happened, but the same thing happened to me on Rockband. I updated my character, made some purchased & beat about 12 songs on expert. Needless to say, i went back to it the next day & BAM! All gone. When that shit happens, i never have the heart to go back & redo it.. & if i do, its really annoying. So GL with that dood..hope you get back on that N+ horse!

Marx0r
03-21-2008, 04:28 AM
So good luck with that dude, I hope you get back on that N+ horse!

And I have. I bumped this thread to show you the awesomeness of:

YouTube - N+ Final Door

Evil_Snow_Man
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Is it just me or did you have huge lat problems? falling and dancing in slow mo...

Vista
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
How do you save anyway? I lost a few levels when I backed out. Plus I think some of my achievements are unlocking.

DTF INFERNO
03-30-2008, 09:33 PM

Ouch that sucks man. I had the same thing happen to me a few times in my quest for 200. I lost no where near to 10 levels though, only like 1 or 2.

Evil_Snow_Man
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
How do you save anyway? I lost a few levels when I backed out. Plus I think some of my achievements are unlocking.
You have to press start and exit out to the menu and than a save screen will pop up.

Vista
03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
You have to press start and exit out to the menu and than a save screen will pop up.

Thanks, got it. This game seems pretty challenging. I have had some trouble even in the beginner levels!

Evil_Snow_Man
04-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks, got it. This game seems pretty challenging. I have had some trouble even in the beginner levels!

Just you wait til you get to the expert levels after you beat the original 50

slabhammer
04-27-2008, 01:16 AM
i played this game and found episode 43 really hard and it took me ages, after about an hour i did it and i turned off my console, come back later and WHAT THE FUCK im at lvl 38, great thats 2 hours GONE

pavementpoop
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
yea when you do some episodes u need to go back to the menu so it saves your progress. rather than turning your xbox off or going to the dashboard, altough once you do an episode you get the hang off it pretty quick so you should have no problem doing them again ;)

You Are Scum
05-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I hate this game. I wish i could sacrifice my N+ achievements for my 800 points back or even 400

Xx Pulse 360 xX
07-05-2008, 08:22 PM
i lost a couple levels a while back but have my 200 now and very proud lol, i do agree this game is easy to hate, so many times ive wanted to claw my eyes out but now all i feel is relief haha

Crimson Ridley
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I lost all of episode 11 - 15. Although 20 - 25 are complete. And you know what that means? I have to do Master Control again!!!!!! Why me, why me!?

EDIT: Oh and I watched that video of the Final Door, and was wondering, does anybody know how I can get my guide to look like that? The Gold Pieces are awesome. :)

Marx0r
08-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I lost all of episode 11 - 15. Although 20 - 25 are complete. And you know what that means? I have to do Master Control again!!!!!! Why me, why me!?

EDIT: Oh and I watched that video of the Final Door, and was wondering, does anybody know how I can get my guide to look like that? The Gold Pieces are awesome. :)

It's a dashboard pack, you should be able to get it off the Marketplace. And yes, it's pretty beast.

magiroux
09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Same happened to me. Thankfully, I only lost one episode. Now I'm all paranoid and make sure I exit out of the game before I just shut down the system.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."

You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

I love your signature man. Now you have to make one for there/their/they're and one for than/then... Some people would learn a few things... ;)

master_shake_350
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone know why this occurs? Its happened to me 3 times now!

Silly game makers! Don't bother saving the game! Upload to leaderboard much better.