PDA

View Full Version : 360 / can two people play on live (split-screen)

swass
02-24-2008, 06:44 AM
can two people with their own live accounts on the same 360 play on live at the same time?

filmeister33
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
i dont think you can but im not sure

Chinrub
02-24-2008, 02:12 PM
some games you can, some you cant.
personally i've only played Gears of War splitscreen on live. However it requires 2 xbox live gold accounts. I've tried Call of Duty and its a no go i'm afraid. You'll just have to try and see.
It would be great if all games supported this, I remember being able to do it on the old xbox with just one account on live, well on Halo 2 anyway dunno about any other games.

Lord of Fate
02-25-2008, 01:20 AM
personally i've only played Gears of War splitscreen on live. However it requires 2 xbox live gold accounts. I've tried Call of Duty and its a no go i'm afraid. You'll just have to try and see.
It would be great if all games supported this, I remember being able to do it on the old xbox with just one account on live, well on Halo 2 anyway dunno about any other games.
Damnit I wish I woulda known that you could play Gears of War online in splitscreen. I thought Halo 3 was the only game that did that! I just figured you could have the 2nd account go off your XBL Gold or something. Damn, I feel like a retard.

s2l_soldier
02-25-2008, 03:44 AM
You can only play the campaign and t-hunt on split screen. You won't be able to play split-screen on the online multiplayer modes.

Parkerktm
02-25-2008, 04:12 AM
I really hope they do, i would love ubisoft for ever if they put in xbox live splitscreen MP

CORPSE CRISIS
02-25-2008, 04:18 AM
gears of war u can and perfect dark zero..thoose r the only retail games i no of

Feel My Rage
02-25-2008, 04:20 AM
There is also Halo 3 and Rock Band, Corpse.And I'm pretty sure there are more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head

GAZA1111111
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
yo guys, I tried doing xbox live splitscreen when RSV was fist released and no, it didnt work, but my mate brought his 360 round and we did system link on one xbox live account, basiclly what im saying is, that he has no xbox live, where as I did, and because we used a system D-link that we had from an old PC, we were able to both play online at the same time. Please do note, to make this work, you need - 1) 2 copies of the game 2) a D-link 3) 2 TV's
hope I have helped slightly

:)

jxspyder
02-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Halo 3 and Gears only required one gold account I thought, since you could play as a guest sign in, and it'd show you playing as (gamertag)(1) or whatever. Then again, I never really liked playing against split screen mp types, since they just kind of do their own thing, and say screw the team.

Ikari Warrior
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
You also can in GRAW and GRAW2, MotoGP, The Outfit, and PGR4.

nosher
02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
graw 2 does it

BloodReign13
03-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Yea, they may do it like that for campaign since they redid the whole coop mode, but i doubt they will add split screen to multiplayer

killerharu45
03-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Games should do that more. I hate how only 1 person can play live on COD4. I'm always stuck waiting to play because it's not fun to play 1 vs. 1 splitscreen

Cipher 8
03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Games should do this more, i agree. I remember when i played Gears of War i had the best time sitting with a friend on a wall waiting for some unlucky guy to come down that hallways so we would both pop out our shottys and blow him away.

"Ok.. Get ready... Wait for him...Wait for em' NOW!" POP POP POP "Ok get back to the wall.."

jxspyder
03-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I think the target market with a lot of games is tending to go up, and us older folks don't usually have people come over to play, we just go Live. Now I don't care either way, but I'm kinda glad that they got rid of the split screen achievements.

BloodReign13
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
i dont remember any achievments from the first one that you were forced to splitscreen on...it may just be me but im pretty sure you could do all of the t hunt and story stuff online

jxspyder
03-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Veteran and Elite hunter achievements are both splitscreen....but they may work online, no idea. I didn't even try because of that.

ClutchPapi34
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I hope it does. I think all big time shooters should have this feature.

BloodReign13
03-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Veteran and Elite hunter achievements are both splitscreen....but they may work online, no idea. I didn't even try because of that.
just so you know, those two achievments were misnamed, they were actually awarded for completing thunt on the two difficulties in solo mode. that might make it a bit easier if you go back to that game and dont have them. (just the original maps, not the new ones)

splmax girl
03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
ya you can.. ive played split screen b4 with another xbl acount.. you can use the memory cards and just put them in.. ill find a better way of explainging.. ugg

xENVxGAMERSKREW
03-07-2008, 01:10 AM
yo guys, I tried doing xbox live splitscreen when RSV was fist released and no, it didnt work, but my mate brought his 360 round and we did system link on one xbox live account, basiclly what im saying is, that he has no xbox live, where as I did, and because we used a system D-link that we had from an old PC, we were able to both play online at the same time. Please do note, to make this work, you need - 1) 2 copies of the game 2) a D-link 3) 2 TV's
hope I have helped slightly

:) Ahh... my cuzin doesnt have live but he always says he can take me and my other cousin this should shut him up lol

jxspyder
03-07-2008, 02:23 AM
just so you know, those two achievments were misnamed, they were actually awarded for completing thunt on the two difficulties in solo mode. that might make it a bit easier if you go back to that game and dont have them. (just the original maps, not the new ones)

I'll have to jump back in and grab some of those then, before vegas 2 comes out. And maybe it's just because I'm way too old, but I'd rather play on Live and use my full screen, then make someone come over and play splitscreen.

BloodReign13
03-07-2008, 02:51 AM
yea, splitscreening isnt really fun when playing with annoying siblings who think they are good but really suck :D

but it is good if your with some buddies who r good....but yea, like you said, age does come into play (no offense)

Kal The SJ
03-07-2008, 05:05 AM

Gears doesn't require two XBL accounts you can jsut sign in as a guest and play.