PDA

View Full Version : how do you all have the game?

Denny Crane
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
i got on the forum and there are a flury of posts indicating that alot of people have this game, so how and where did you get it? also for those who playedit- is it free roam, can i explore the island at my will or do i have to follow the episode stucture only??

LeMansFahrer
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
You have to follow a path etc. You cannot walk around exploring anything except the path or the beach. I got the game here in Germany in a Videoshop. Instead of renting you can also buy it here. I would suggest renting it. Hope it helps.

Denny Crane
02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
damn thanks, im not gonna rent though because i love lost, i wouldnt care if the game sucked i would still enjoy it. any other people who got it early in the US? i dont think you can get it at any retail stores can you? if so where?

lafstlamil 7
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I love lost as well, but so far the game is up to par as far as tv show and movie games are, so far its alright on the 5th episode and been playing for about 5 hours. So far to me its a rental but rentals are to much so I download. Cheap I am.

Denny Crane
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
I love lost as well, but so far the game is up to par as far as tv show and movie games are, so far its alright on the 5th episode and been playing for about 5 hours. So far to me its a rental but rentals are to much so I download. Cheap I am.
im sure its gameplay time is worth only a rental, but there is no way im not owning a lost game, and ima play a bunch of times. i just wish it was free roam cause then this would literally be the best game ever.

ReneG
02-25-2008, 08:30 PM

You download youre games.. Youre a cheapass.. :ass :mods

Gorjira
02-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Is it any good? Following a path doesnt seem fun.

Denny Crane
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Is it any good? Following a path doesnt seem fun.
we digress. how did you get it early? i want to play it NOW.

Bulletman
02-25-2008, 10:23 PM
They probably have modded Xboxs so they can download the games before there released in certain regions. This is dodgy as fuck and not advised.

John Locke
02-26-2008, 12:13 AM
oh ok, cause im not looking for a shitty download, i just thought a store like best buy let it out early- happened for me with stranglehold... so thats what i want but its almost here anyway i guess

rockhopper
02-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah I thought maybe it was released early like Bioshock was, but I called EB Games where I have it preordered and they said it doesn't come out until Wednesday, Feb. 27. It only ships out on the 26th. I can see some people getting some copies early through connections and independent retailers and such, but it seems like so many people got it early as indicated by leaderboards on mygamercard.net.

jwmc1971
02-26-2008, 12:48 AM
erm. uh yeah , its out early alot.

John Locke
02-26-2008, 01:37 AM
oh well i guess ill have to wait 2 days... no biggie i guess. im dissapointed that i dont get to play as myself. i understand from athletes who play sports games and use themselves it can be quite the experince... maybe next time in the second lost video game after the show is over...

x YNWA x
02-26-2008, 02:51 AM
im sure its gameplay time is worth only a rental, but there is no way im not owning a lost game, and ima play a bunch of times. i just wish it was free roam cause then this would literally be the best game ever.

You really have no clue at all! The point virtually everyone who has played the game already are making is the fact that its a rental because you will play it once. Maybe do a few episodes twice but thats about it. There is nothing to go and explore, its all very linear and once you have finised the game (because of the ending mainly), you just dont feel compelled to play it again. Its not like the tv show where you can watch an episode again and see an easter egg or something you missed 1st time around, its just playing a simple story and thats it.

Im tempted to change my review score to 6/10. I eat, sleep and drink lost, its what I look forward to staying up until 5:30am on Thursday night / Friday morning but this game just didnt make me feel like I was playing lost, apart from the music. People will see if when they play it, but the people commenting without even playinig it - whats that all about?!

x YNWA x
02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah I thought maybe it was released early like Bioshock was, but I called EB Games where I have it preordered and they said it doesn't come out until Wednesday, Feb. 27. It only ships out on the 26th. I can see some people getting some copies early through connections and independent retailers and such, but it seems like so many people got it early as indicated by leaderboards on mygamercard.net.

As of this morning - only 440 people WORLDWIDE had played it, so I wouldnt say that many!

John Locke
02-26-2008, 04:40 AM
You really have no clue at all! The point virtually everyone who has played the game already are making is the fact that its a rental because you will play it once. Maybe do a few episodes twice but thats about it. There is nothing to go and explore, its all very linear and once you have finised the game (because of the ending mainly), you just dont feel compelled to play it again. Its not like the tv show where you can watch an episode again and see an easter egg or something you missed 1st time around, its just playing a simple story and thats it.

Im tempted to change my review score to 6/10. I eat, sleep and drink lost, its what I look forward to staying up until 5:30am on Thursday night / Friday morning but this game just didnt make me feel like I was playing lost, apart from the music. People will see if when they play it, but the people commenting without even playinig it - whats that all about?!
no dont tell me what i dont understand ok? you dont know me, so dont tell me how many times im gonna replay it. im gonna replay it many times just because i will enjoy playing a lost videogame. even if it was bad. i could stand their and just take pictures of ocean and be pleased. i also dont believe what you say about the game- or rather care, because its a matter of taste. people love games like RB6vegas and halo3 and such and i think those games are utterly unplayable just like some games i love you think are crap. DONT EVER TELL ME WHAT I CANT DO, EVER!

Kif
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM

How do you know there aren't easter eggs in the game?

Aphlix
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
LOST IS THE GREATEST!!!

Regards,
The LOST Master

Denny Crane
02-26-2008, 05:21 PM
LOST IS THE GREATEST!!!

Regards,
The LOST Master
i agree with you sir.

Aphlix
02-26-2008, 05:33 PM
i agree with you sir.

I conjunction with your reply...I know call this day LOST Day! For it is not on the calender Hahaha. I love my jokes :drunk

Gorjira
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
LOST IS THE GREATEST!!!

Regards,
The LOST Master

Oh, please. Hopless.

SGT Sambora
02-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh, please. Hopless.

its the truth man