PDA

View Full Version : Lost: Via Domus (Ending Cut Scene) **SPOILERS**

mull3t
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok, they is bound to be a few who have completed the game like myself. and I was left confused at the ending.

Just like the show, it leaves you hanging for answers but because its the game, we aint gonna get no answers for a good year (if they make another one)

So.. why was he on the boat and then seen a plane break a part in mid air? then why did he go into a daze and wake up on the beach and Lisa was there?

Just how the show goes, leaves you hanging for the next episode in the hope of some answers.

So...lets hear your theorys etc.

Good Game, loved every second of it.

lafstlamil 7
02-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Just finished it and pretty much the ending was amazing, didn't think that was gonna happen. Well they all have a purpose on that Island, Elliots was to get off the Island and show the picture, and make things right for Lisa. Now at the end their she is with him on that plane. So pretty much Elliot realized that giving up Lisa to get a photo was wrong, so thats why he saved Jack and Kate. So then he was given a second a chance maybe and did things right.

x YNWA x
02-26-2008, 02:55 AM
I just think the whole thing was a dream, she didnt die - simple as that! :)

mull3t
02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I dunno what to think lol, they is plenty going on in the actual series lol! god knows, did she die? did she not? was it a dream? pfft

lafstlamil 7
02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe their doing what the show is doing now with flashfowards I guess you can call them where you see them in the future if they did something. Maybe it was a dream before the day Elliot betrayed Lisa, and then at the end of the game Elliot and Lisa are on the plan together and say you played that game, you would learn that Elliot and Lisa found another way to take the picture.

Ry Fryy
02-28-2008, 04:59 AM
The ending made no goddamn sense. Nothing on the show has been done like that. I'm pretty disappointed at this.

Arminies
02-28-2008, 05:05 AM
OK Being a HUGE Lost fan here is my Take on this...

PREPARE YOURSELF

OK

Show story is time line A

Game Story is time line B

we know that the island "does not exist" and cant be found unless u know how to find it.

so there is the crash. the events in the game differ due to this being Time line B

at the end of the show He is on the boat and on the way out he sees the Crash and then it pans to him on the Island.

WHY?

things i can think off

1. It was all a dream. NO WAY.... I mean a dream that spans almost 3 full seasons. NO way.

2. Alternate Time line and after he crashes at the end there is a SLIGHT tint to the color f the setting like in Season 1. which might hint that as he was leaving his time he crossed in to the "REAL Time Line A" setting and saw them. which would mean that his time was (B) happening B4 tho one on the show. :eek:

3. Now the Girl. she is DEAD the island can make u see thing but it cant bring dead back to life. and she was shot in the Time line (B) So. what might of happened is

A) Crashes and goes no like the TV series
B) Goes on like i explained in 2
C) The Events in the end made a 3rd line due to him messing with the Magnetic pull and altering what happens...

u know what i quit.
:omg:omg:omg:omg

xandura
02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
the ending has LOST all over it = a big WTF?!

amazing game, enjoyed it a lot

what I think of the ending is that he actually died in that explosion, saving jack and kate, but right before dying he dreamt of escaping, finding the boat and sailing away, until lisa, also dead appeared in in front of him

now its time for elliot to repent!

CRNBRD
02-28-2008, 11:04 AM
All I can say is... WOW! You think you know what might possibly happen then it does a complete 180.

My take on it is that it has something to do with the time differentiation between being on the island and being off the island. In the episode about 2 weeks ago I believe the guy shot the mini-rocket to the island from the ship. When it arrived it was 30 minutes off, I think this has something to do with the time lapse which hopefully we will learn more about in the future.

Nickar124
02-28-2008, 12:48 PM
All I gotta say is it was one of the best WTF moments I've ever had
Being a LOST fan, they delivered. I'm definitely stunned. I do think it has something to do with the difference in time, and somehow by leaving the island, he changed the past so that Lisa was still alive, or something.

Denny Crane
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
i love lost, but they kinda disgraced the show with that ending. it wasnt a a WTF moment like in lost, it was a wow thats pretty stupid and really gay moment. all in all the game probally isnt that great and it definatly didnt live up to the show (hard to do that) but i still will always love it just because its a lost videogame and it does resemble lost. its one of my fav games because of it.

rhemelious
03-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Defo one of the biggest "WTF" moments, I think It was all a dream as she was like "we made it" etc..which i dont know if I feel pleased or dissapointed as I feel kind of robbed lol..but It was a great exprerience and I hope there is a sequel

Blue Thunder28
03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
What I got out of the ending was that his entire experience on the island was a dream. Since in the opening cut scene he must has fallen conscience as soon as the plane broke apart right in front of him so he dreamt that entire game and once he wakes up on the beach that is real time cause he woke up from his... extremely detailed, elaborate dream... Haha. I beat it with a bunch of friends and the ending made the entire game feel like a waste.... but I still loved it, I though it was hilarious.

Denny Crane
03-01-2008, 06:18 PM
What I got out of the ending was that his entire experience on the island was a dream. Since in the opening cut scene he must has fallen conscience as soon as the plane broke apart right in front of him so he dreamt that entire game and once he wakes up on the beach that is real time cause he woke up from his... extremely detailed, elaborate dream... Haha. I beat it with a bunch of friends and the ending made the entire game feel like a waste.... but I still loved it, I though it was hilarious.
a dream? are you serious. why would the dream be of things that happen in the future that he doesnt know. and dont use the desmond time travel thing either, because the way it happens in the game is not the way it happens in the show... so its the incorrect future. it doesnt make sense, it disses lost and devalues the game... which is still a great game btw. and the flashbacks too.. everything about it was a waste. the producers said it wasnt cannon though- obviously. so basically i take this game like this: it was a fun game based on lost, i loved playing a lost videogame... but it has no connection to the show other than that.

drakehellsing
03-01-2008, 07:46 PM
My guess was that that was a second plane or something and when it crashed, Elliot was killed or something, and he awoke as a ghost with the dead Lisa running over to him, believeing they're still alive.

I mean, like from The Sixth Sense says that people don't know they really have died, so to speak.

Adam Miller
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I just finished the game and i really don't think were gonna get any answers. I also dont think its connected to the show at all. I dont think they know any answer it was just to cause a stir and give a Lost like twist.

rhemelious
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
What I got out of the ending was that his entire experience on the island was a dream. Since in the opening cut scene he must has fallen conscience as soon as the plane broke apart right in front of him so he dreamt that entire game and once he wakes up on the beach that is real time cause he woke up from his... extremely detailed, elaborate dream...
the ending made the entire game feel like a waste.... but I still loved it, I though it was hilarious.

I 2nd that.

Kif
03-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Well it is possible they could bring Elliot into the show. There are still survivors we haven't met, although obviously that's only because the cast would be freaking huge.

I liked it. I do think he was just unconscious the whole time though, and when the plane crashed during his sail away that sort of woke him up in the real world. Rather anti-climactic, but it explains a lot like Lisa with a busted head continuously bugging him throughout the game, and you see her with the same head injury at the end.

But yeah I doubt they'll follow it up.

Kozzy
03-03-2008, 03:16 AM
the only thing i can say is i heard that the real show itself is not a dream at all everything is really happening so for this one person to dream everything seems kinda bizzare

Chibi the Balla
03-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Yep...it was a dream. Plain and simple. The plane breaks off, crashes, Elliot is in a coma. He dreams the whole thing about the island, gets on the boat, sees his plane crashing, and he comes to with Lisa by his side.

Denny Crane
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Yep...it was a dream. Plain and simple. The plane breaks off, crashes, Elliot is in a coma. He dreams the whole thing about the island, gets on the boat, sees his plane crashing, and he comes to with Lisa by his side.
no it wasnt a dream. that doesnt make sense. the only true answer is that the end of this game is a shit that not connected to lost. i wish ubisoft would make a good game on the 360 for once. the only one i can think of is creed.

Acid
03-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I think the island offers each survivor a chance to redeem themselves for past failures/mistakes in the real world. Those who embrace this chance survive and, at least in Elliot's case, get a second chance in real life. Those who don't take the second chance die.

We've seen space and time distortions in the show. The thing with the game is that we've now seen a failure in the real world reversed as a result of actions on the island. Will we see reversals for characters in the show? Kate? Jack? Sawyer? etc.

The island is a parallel world like Narnia in "The Chronicles of Narnia". I got this from the Lost official podcast a few weeks ago.

Kozzy
03-04-2008, 05:35 AM
maybe its not a dream bc the only thing i dont get is she dies in his flashbacks but in the end shes there with him on the island so how does work UGHH

BWOzar
03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Did no one watch last week's Desmond episode of Lost? Clearly we're having some issues with the vector in space and time that the characters need to leave by (as mentioned by the Jeremy Davies character before the helicopter took off).

This is my favorite Lost 'theory' and I think the game fits in really nicely with it:
http://lost-theories.com/theories/2007/may/07/great-gedanken-experiment-tale/

M85A21
03-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Well I for one thouroghly enjoyed this game and the ending was like WTF!!!???.
Oh well, another Ubisoft title with easy GS.

Keynwar
03-04-2008, 03:43 PM
OK, everyone who thinks that this all was a dream has NEVER watched LOST before.

Here´s my Theory(Season 4 Spoilers!!")

OK, we know that theres a dome around the island. If you fly through that dome you can travel in time, like Desmond did.
What i think is, that Elliot didnt use the right coords and went through this timedome.

What i dont understand:
The show shows(yeah...), that you can change the future just a little bit. Small things, like the note Daniel found in his notebook which says, that Desmond is his constant.
But, as we can see, Elliot doesnt wake up where he did at the beginning of the game. Also: Lisa lives.

It doesnt make sense to me right now, but well...what does in LOST?

All i know is that its NOT a dream.
Know could it be?
Where does he know all the Lost ones from?! Claire, Jack, Sawyer he doesnt know them when the plane crashes. So how could he dream of them?

Aphlix
03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
How can it be a dream if he has dreamt of every single survivor, The Others, the stations, he dreamt of flashbacks? Made up his own story...Dreamt of getting off the island and also of the plane hes on crahsing...How is that plausible.

It CANNOT be a dream.

Amazon XD
03-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Finished it a minute or so ago.

I haven't watched LOST ever... Since I played this game and beat it, I think I'm going to go pick up the 3 seasons of LOST, and watch em up.

Aphlix
03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Finished it a minute or so ago.

I haven't watched LOST ever... Since I played this game and beat it, I think I'm going to go pick up the 3 seasons of LOST, and watch em up.

Nice to hear :)

:drunk

rdrunr89
03-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Did no one watch last week's Desmond episode of Lost? Clearly we're having some issues with the vector in space and time that the characters need to leave by (as mentioned by the Jeremy Davies character before the helicopter took off).

This is my favorite Lost 'theory' and I think the game fits in really nicely with it:
http://lost-theories.com/theories/2007/may/07/great-gedanken-experiment-tale/
OK, everyone who thinks that this all was a dream has NEVER watched LOST before.

Here´s my Theory(Season 4 Spoilers!!")

OK, we know that theres a dome around the island. If you fly through that dome you can travel in time, like Desmond did.
What i think is, that Elliot didnt use the right coords and went through this timedome.

What i dont understand:
The show shows(yeah...), that you can change the future just a little bit. Small things, like the note Daniel found in his notebook which says, that Desmond is his constant.
But, as we can see, Elliot doesnt wake up where he did at the beginning of the game. Also: Lisa lives.

It doesnt make sense to me right now, but well...what does in LOST?

All i know is that its NOT a dream.
Know could it be?
Where does he know all the Lost ones from?! Claire, Jack, Sawyer he doesnt know them when the plane crashes. So how could he dream of them?

I think you are both right on with the theory. Its just like the previous episode where Desmond was experiencing flashbacks but it was more of time travel / time space continuum. Thats the same thing that I believe happened here. Elliot screwed up leaving with the boat and boom he's back on the plane and Lisa is with him this time.

Good game. Entertaining just like the show.

Caleel
08-30-2008, 02:03 AM
I rented it through gamefly it was one of my games on the list and well I just beat it great ending im a huge fan of the show and the game was just pretty damn nice wasnt the best of games but the ending made it worth it.

tpb
08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I had always wondered if time flows differently on the island then it does everywhere else... was left wondering if trying to leave the island puts you going back to the last point in time that you left... As for the girl... i really have no idea how that one happened.

ApochWeiss
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I just think the whole thing was a dream, she didnt die - simple as that! :)

I just played it for the points. But, of course, since I had to watch the cut scenes, I was curious on the ending. So I sat, and watched, and waited, and threw the controller across the room in outrage. I HATE punch out endings. That's what this was. There's no hidden meaning behind it. All of those people were probably people on the plane, and he wound up dreaming this whole thing up. Period. End of story. No matter who explains it as what, it was all just a dream from the shock of everything. I WAS going to say the game actually wasn't half bad if you have a good cd playing in the background, but this was just as horrible an ending as The Sopranos. I mean, Serious! This was ju

Ortep
11-13-2008, 04:10 AM
See the problem with the ending is, no theory can actually answer it since you can just punch a big round hole into it, even on Lost terms.

Either he time travelled back to the day of the crash ala Desmond in season 4 but that doesn't make sense since Lisa is alive when he goes back in time.

Or he had one of the foresight dreams that Locke get, except he's foreseeing a future that isn't possible because his past is wrong because she's still alive.

If she were dead when he woke up it would have been a fine ambiguous anding but her presence there really ruins any shot of that and makes the entire thing seem really stupid and implausible even by Lost standards. Which given its due is pretty damn high but usually pretty damn good.

Rip The Reaper
12-11-2008, 06:26 AM
My guess was that that was a second plane or something and when it crashed, Elliot was killed or something, and he awoke as a ghost with the dead Lisa running over to him, believeing they're still alive.

I mean, like from The Sixth Sense says that people don't know they really have died, so to speak.

Just somthing i thought i'd add. While i was playing the game, on one of the many computers you can use, i read on there somthing about "sixth Sense" program or research or somthing along those lines. Did anyone else come across that. I'm pretty sure it was on a computer that you didn't have to acces

Purge
12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
OK Being a HUGE Lost fan here is my Take on this...

PREPARE YOURSELF

OK

Show story is time line A

Game Story is time line B

we know that the island "does not exist" and cant be found unless u know how to find it.

so there is the crash. the events in the game differ due to this being Time line B

at the end of the show He is on the boat and on the way out he sees the Crash and then it pans to him on the Island.

WHY?

things i can think off

1. It was all a dream. NO WAY.... I mean a dream that spans almost 3 full seasons. NO way.

2. Alternate Time line and after he crashes at the end there is a SLIGHT tint to the color f the setting like in Season 1. which might hint that as he was leaving his time he crossed in to the "REAL Time Line A" setting and saw them. which would mean that his time was (B) happening B4 tho one on the show. :eek:

3. Now the Girl. she is DEAD the island can make u see thing but it cant bring dead back to life. and she was shot in the Time line (B) So. what might of happened is

A) Crashes and goes no like the TV series
B) Goes on like i explained in 2
C) The Events in the end made a 3rd line due to him messing with the Magnetic pull and altering what happens...

u know what i quit.
:omg:omg:omg:omg

LOST Via Dominius is Non-Canon. It doesnt revolve around with the main story of the show. Straight from the Writers mouth on one of the LOST podcasts.

Rip The Reaper
12-18-2008, 04:40 AM
LOST Via Dominius is Non-Canon. It doesnt revolve around with the main story of the show. Straight from the Writers mouth on one of the LOST podcasts.

I don't watch much lost, and was kind of wondering about if the story of the game goes with the show. I firgured it didn't sense thay made a new character for the game. But thanks for the info..

If they make another lost video game...I'll get it.

Kninth Duke
01-05-2009, 03:38 AM
As a huge fan of the show, I liked the game. I think the ending had something to do with the time distortion/travel. I knew the game really wouldn't be canon since you had things that just wouldn't make sense if it was (like Elliot trying to take Jack to the others). That would make him alot less likely to actually go with Michael later. But getting to play through the different LOST areas was pretty awesome and enjoyable. Although, it was an extremely short game and definitely not the highest quality game out there, but still fun as a fan of the show. I thought the ending did have a real LOST feel to it. It didn't make any sense and that's what I love about LOST. Everytime I think I figure it out, I end up saying WTF.

dharmabum420
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
(warning: Spoilers for the TV series, including the S5 premiere, are discussed here)

Really, the ending made no sense, especially in light of revelations on the show since it came out. They were trying to play with the time travel/distortion aspect of the show that is becoming front-and-centre, and clearly, the sound heard at the end of the game when Elliot is on the boat is Desmond activating the fail-safe that destroyed the Swan and sent him on his own time-travel journey (the timing fits, as this happened just before Jack/Kate/Sawyer were kidnapped by the Others).

The kicker here is that it is now been very firmly stated that they're using the inclusive model of time travel; that there is no way to alter the past or future, as the time travel is already part of the timeline - ie. the currently time-traveling 815 survivors can't meet themselves, because they'd already remember meeting themselves.

Except Desmond, that is, who is unique and "unstuck" in time, a la Billy Pilgrim. Either the events in Sydney with Lisa happened, or Elliot is as unique and important to the world as Desmond - maybe more so, because unlike just being able to alter the timeline through direct interference, he can alter it through spiritual redemption, which seem ludicrous. There's nothing that can be done to change that. This season has pretty definitively killed any way of making the ending of this game canon.

Ah, well, not an awful game, easy 1000GS, BUT, what made it quite entertaining as a die-hard Lostie is how well-done the environment was. I really enjoyed exploring accurate reproductions of places like the Swan station, especially.

dharmabum420
01-25-2009, 08:12 AM
One other note here; there are a lot of people saying that the ending is appropriate, as it didn't make any sense, which is very like Lost. There's a key difference; while things on Lost sometimes don't make sense at the time, they eventually are explained.

It made no sense to find a polar bear wandering around a deserted tropical island; eventually we realized that it was far from deserted, and many different animals had been brought there for experimental purposes by the DI. If the things that still don't make sense aren't understood by the end of the series, it's an epic fail.

This game is inclusive; it won't have a sequel, or be explained in the series. The ending doesn't make sense, and nothing will ever come about to make it make sense, which makes it very un-Lost.

Gamertag: Vegeta
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
This ending doesn't still fully make sense; HOWEVER, with each season following its release (4 and 5) it is gaining clarity. My thought is it will be fairly easy to explain come that late May 2010 day when Lost is no more. I got to say, personally, the ending made it worth it for me.

g00se 2
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
omg i never saw that coming but then i have never saw lost but got told it was a quick 1000 so being a point whore i rented it out lol my girlfriend watched the whole of lost lol and she was saying omg i no that and everything

Ducino
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Top serie but not a good a game.
Just my 2 cents.

launchpadmcqack
10-18-2009, 11:04 AM
i havent seen lost since the end of the 1st season... but my votes for the islands like a nexus of of time and space, so in other words parallel universe

ZombiePug
12-28-2009, 01:14 AM
One other note here; there are a lot of people saying that the ending is appropriate, as it didn't make any sense, which is very like Lost. There's a key difference; while things on Lost sometimes don't make sense at the time, they eventually are explained.

It made no sense to find a polar bear wandering around a deserted tropical island; eventually we realized that it was far from deserted, and many different animals had been brought there for experimental purposes by the DI. If the things that still don't make sense aren't understood by the end of the series, it's an epic fail.

This game is inclusive; it won't have a sequel, or be explained in the series. The ending doesn't make sense, and nothing will ever come about to make it make sense, which makes it very un-Lost.

I have to agree with you on all points. The ending will never be explained, since I don't think a sequel to this game will ever see the light of day.

What makes it worse is that if you're a fan of the show, trying to make sense of the ending is a complete waste of time. This story just doesn't fit into the television show's mythos, although they did make a half-hearted effort. They just created too many inconsistencies with the show and left too many holes.

SkylinePigeon
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
the ending has LOST all over it = a big WTF?!

amazing game, enjoyed it a lot

what I think of the ending is that he actually died in that explosion, saving jack and kate, but right before dying he dreamt of escaping, finding the boat and sailing away, until lisa, also dead appeared in in front of him

now its time for elliot to repent!

I really like this interpretation! :D It's the one I find most fulfilling thematically/artistically. :)

If we're going by what to expect from LOST, though, can't ignore time travel. I'm going with alternate A & B timelines, with the B timeline being the actual time of the show. Fits best with the series.

Corrupt.
06-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Lets hope they don't make a sequel, poor game :(

zan2000
06-13-2010, 12:39 AM
its going like the show, the flashes of the past and leading up to the future like Desmond expierenced, I believe they will make another LOST game by 2013 seeing how the seriers is over :( but Im only on season 6 just finished season 5 :)

CodSteaks
06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Well I think dharmabum420 (go figure: a Lost fan and a pothead) pretty much hit the nail on the head. It seems pretty obvious, now that the show is over and we know what we're supposed to know, that the producers of this game had their own theories about what was going on in the show at the time and ran it. It was almost like an elaborate piece of fan fiction based on the facts that had been revealed by the end of the 3rd(?) season, but obviously not correct. Like the whole magnetic pull in the swan station supposedly being caused by a reactor across the stream that had to be shut down? Well, we know that was never there. The magnetic pull was at the heart of the island itself.

At the end, I think the game producers were just putting forth some kind of theory about the past being reversible in the Lost universe, and that theory was later disproved by the show itself. So anyone wracking their brains trying to figure out how this fits with what we know about the Lost universe should just give up, because it doesn't.

Hydrophillic
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
i love lost, but they kinda disgraced the show with that ending. it wasnt a a WTF moment like in lost, it was a wow thats pretty stupid and really gay moment. all in all the game probally isnt that great and it definatly didnt live up to the show (hard to do that) but i still will always love it just because its a lost videogame and it does resemble lost. its one of my fav games because of it.

Haha, I agree with this. I was not amazed by the video game ending.

Seanathan087
09-12-2010, 12:19 AM
It seems as if there are some nasty side-effects if one leaves the moving island. I think this ties right into season 5.

SSJ3
09-22-2010, 07:20 PM
The ending was pretty great. I bet Damon and Carlton were going to use it for the end of LOST