PDA

View Full Version : Help with Battle map 10

citron
02-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello,
Would anyone mind sharing their strategy on the single player Battle map #10? I got my butt kicked on it last night. I used different strategies, trying each commander at least once, and never even got control of one oil field.

Before this, I thought I was fairly proficient in the game (obviously wrong), as I beat the normal Campaign mode, and other Battle maps without too much trouble.

For the other levels/maps, my general strategy is to use mostly heavy artillery.

Thanks in advance.

Feel My Rage
02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah.....look at my guide and I kinda point this out....but the AI use a ton of Superweapons, dont they?OKay, while HA is usually the best method for eliminating SuperWeapons, it doesn't work here, the map is just too small.Soo, this is what you do:

Pick your commander(I dont remember them, and it shouldn't matter which one you pick), now, when the match starts, back your commander up next to your capitol and wait.Eventually the AI will come for you.Now, when they come, move into teh capito for the added protection and fight back.Now, once you hit the $10000 mark (yes, you get money without oilwells, but it is extremely slow), buy a super weapon.Now, keep your superweapon in the factory for a bit and let the Ai continue to fight.when you get enough money for infanty, then you walk both your commander and the superunit out into the fray.Use them in combination to keep one unit from becoming overly weak.Now, from this point, just crank out light and heavy infantry like no tomarrow, use them for both attacking and capturing.Also, if your commander or super unit is about to die, make those units retreat so that you don't lose one of your most valuable units.When all is said and done, one of the computers will have most likely eliminated one or both of the others, easing your work significantly.(For me, Alden killed Raven and left Zane with one light infantry)

Hope this helps man!

citron
02-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll give this another try tonight.

Also, thanks for making the guide. It was a great resource while getting into the game.

Feel My Rage
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
No porblem, although, the guide isn't finished yet.I havn't gotten around to making a detailed guide for mission objectives and such for the battlemaps and campaigns, but i'm waiting until i beat the campaign for that....and seeing as I'm having to much fun commiting suicide on N+, that might be a little while....

MadMikeD420
08-10-2008, 04:17 AM
yea that method did work out great after trying a couple different styles with no luck. i think they all came and attacked my super unit so he was lvl2 before i even had to move him out of the base