PDA

View Full Version : EA Sucks at WW2.

mlodoss
02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Honestly, if EA's opinion of how Germans fought in WW2 was running up and bashing people in the face instead of shooting them, then they're idiots.

I love how the melee does more damage than the guns.....

The Echo562
02-26-2008, 11:39 PM
yeh i never really liked the medal of honor games nor ea period, i think they are a bunch of load of crap, ea just needs to stick to sports

mlodoss
02-27-2008, 07:29 AM
This game is a serious disgrace to WW2, heres why:

- German Machine Gunners carrying around 30 LB. Machine guns, able to melee with them faster than I can melee with a pistol that weighs not even 2 LBs.

- German Machine Gunners that aren't wearing any armor, and can live through 5 shots to the head.

- Germans running up and bashing the crap out of you. (magically, a bullet doesn't kill in one hit, but getting hit in the head with a gun will kill you instantly)

- Crappy Artificial Intelligence teammates that do nothing but run in your P.O.V. as you are trying to fire at an enemy.....

- Idiotic teammates who make you do everything.

- You have to take out the entire german army by yourself. (COD has this too)

- Unrealistic weapon upgrades... (A scope on an STG44, are you serious?)

- Stupid Maps. (I mean a tower, wtf? Am I playing Lord of the Rings or Medal of Honor?)

- Enemies using Panzershrecks inside an ammunitions depot.

daninthemix
02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah I pretty much thought this game stank. I never bothered finishing the last level because those Nazi storm troopers are just stupid - 5 grenades and 3 headshots and still going strong. Bullshit.

Also the collision detection absolutely sucks - having someone in my sniper crosshair and having the bullet miss so many times just takes the michael.

MrEastSide
03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I think the game is alright. Just got it for 30 bucks. I'd have killed myself if I had paid a full 60 for it. But, for what it is it's fine. I agree with most of the AI, melee BS. The unrealistic upgrades were probably just thrown in there to give a WWII shooter something new. Not totally unrealistic, that gun just didn't have a scope. Could have easily given it one though. I wish it had been a couple levels longer too. It's not a bad game mind you but the minor annoyances really do bring it down. The thing that irritates me the most is when you spend half a level upgrading a weapon and then at some point you slip up and die you have to work that gun's experience all the way back up from when the game last saved. Game should have had auto saves hit each time you filled a gun's experience like 1/4 of the way up.

vhayste
03-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I just finished the game last night and though there are disappointments, it was still an enjoyable experience. Airborne was not meant to be realistic. But at least EA should have made the weapon and damage physics realistic.

mlodoss
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I figured the game out. The game is actually VERY EASY on Expert Difficulty, and VERY HARD on Easy Difficulty.

To explain, Expert difficulty is like Realism mode is in Rainbow Six: Vegas, most shots will nearly kill you and most shots you take will nearly kill your enemy.

Melee only takes one hit, but a big disadvantage aside from easy mode, is that the enemy is smarter, and most likely will not let you run up and start bashing them so simply.

In Expert, the guns actually have realistic statistics, and the "Headshot = Instant Kill" equation, that easy mode lacks, is applied in Expert.

The only problem with Expert is finding good "safe" places to land when you want to get the surprise on your enemy, but not be near the green zones.

Also, in Expert, your more determined to be a "one man army" as your teammates skill level doesn't change, leaving it to you to do most the work.

SPRAYandPREYcom
08-23-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah 3 shots to the dome and the guys still charging

have to be a rubix cube master in order to get the button scheme down

ok i figured out how to crouch now how the hell do i stand up sigh

no option to skip any of the cut scenes how 1992

thompson has more recoil than that cat pinky who wrapped around the handlers leg and bit his groin

couldnt figure out how to switch back to 1RST weapon with out going through secondary and pistol arrgggg

is it really possible to carry 4 steingrenaden and 6 grenades dosent that qualify me as a suicide bomber .??

really aiming and only leaning to the right or left dosent work for me i prefer to aim and be able to move

love how my team is really more lost than i am ..

well i got past 100 achievies then returned it was worth a gamefly rent i guess ...

What The Buck?
08-23-2008, 01:12 AM
I tried the campaign and i was like WTF!!

Then, i went on to multiplayer and it didn't get any better...

ITD Soldierboy
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
meh, I like the graphics, gameplay was alright. Some aiming was realistic. I mean, come one guys, you can't think the game is horrible because you can't spray and pray and get 50 kills. It takes a little bit of luck and skill to kill your enemies, which is what I liked.

I agree with your AI not doing crap, but I believe they do a bit more than CoD's AI. Plus, this game has a limited number of enemies on the map. So you don't have to literally eliminate the entire German army, just to get passed a checkpoint.

So I think it has more ups then downs. Was this game worth $60? I think so. Multiplayer is fun, even though its bad.

SS WARMACHINE
09-26-2008, 02:33 AM
I thought the game was great obviously the stormtroopers were meant to be fake the killing was pretty realistic and the idiot above who said scope on the STG44 WTF later on in the war they actually did create scopes for it they were just never mass produced only a few people ever got them

antnie
09-26-2008, 02:47 AM
I love Medal of Honor. I still play my Medal of Honor Airborne. I like the series because it is different from the COD series. You woun't want to have two companys making the same style of games.

Norwiking
05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Hate this game! There's like a thousand glithced achivements in this game. I mean come on, I can't even get the expert difficulty achievement even though I'm playing expert all the time. It still doesn't give me credit for the last three maps on expert. EA is my least favorite developer, seems like they don't put any effort into making their games. Just look at MOH: AB, NFS: MW and The Godfather as a few examples. So tired of this game now, but I want my freaking achievements!

Mr Rodster
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Hate this game! There's like a thousand glithced achivements in this game. I mean come on, I can't even get the expert difficulty achievement even though I'm playing expert all the time. It still doesn't give me credit for the last three maps on expert. EA is my least favorite developer, seems like they don't put any effort into making their games. Just look at MOH: AB, NFS: MW and The Godfather as a few examples. So tired of this game now, but I want my freaking achievements!
I feel your pain.

I had trouble with the difficulty achievement as well, but I finished expert first and then went back to normal and novice. I would start a game on novice, finish a campaign, and select Continue. It would flip the difficulty back to expert every time. I eventually popped it, but I had to restart every single campaign on the level I was targeting. I could not use Continue. Very frustrating.

Give that a shot and see if it works for you.

But you are right, we should not have to do this. I'm sure EA will "fix" it any day now--by shutting down the servers!

ZebraMuffinX
05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I think people get so frustrated with this game because they are over complicating it on expert. I recommend going through with a springfield, and an stg because then you have long and short-medium guns for use. I do agree there was a lot of bs though, such as the panzer bridge part, or the fact that it is easy to die before you can even land on expert.

Although, I think the whole "peek" aiming system is a great breakthrough, I love the fact you can go out just a little and shoot.