PDA

View Full Version : the caves

CriscoDisco878
02-28-2008, 04:14 AM
uhm im freaking lost on the caves in episode two, if anyone could help me out, much appreciated.

desmo82
02-28-2008, 08:55 AM
just go into options menu and make the picture brighter. did that and got through the caves at first try ;D

Adam Miller
02-28-2008, 05:33 PM
just go into options menu and make the picture brighter. did that and got through the caves at first try ;D

Haha new favourite member. :)

CriscoDisco878
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
thank you!

David885
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Very clever, I really annoyed myself at this! I kept dying in the caves when the smoke monster found me and I was in the middle of falling water so I couldn't light my lighter. Thanks!

Blue Thunder28
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Ha! Great idea! Though it is extremely intense doing it the regular way.

x IUHoosierFan
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
You do have a torch, don't you?

David885
03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
You do have a torch, don't you?
Yeah, but its still really hard to see.

rdrunr89
03-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Does anyone have a way to get through this cave? I saw the "brightness" technique and will try that but I keep getting lost (no pun intended) in the cave and die. Here's how far I get, maybe someone can guide me:

I see the chick (lisa) at the beginning and follow her to the left then right, navigate the small area with the two pits on either side and get to the waterfall where you can pick up another torch along with a food can. I go through there to the left side, which then does a big U turn to the right. I come up on a T crossing where there is waterfalls on both the left and the right. If I go to the right, I seem to go to a dead end. If I go to the left, I find the pit and its another "dead" end (pun intended that time).

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

drakehellsing
03-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Wait, so the smoke monster was suppose to be in there too?

Cause I never met it when I moved through it myself.....

Stuckey From 3
03-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Wait, so the smoke monster was suppose to be in there too?

Cause I never met it when I moved through it myself.....

i never saw the smoke monster in the caves..just pre-caves

Sol76
03-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have a way to get through this cave? I saw the "brightness" technique and will try that but I keep getting lost (no pun intended) in the cave and die. Here's how far I get, maybe someone can guide me:

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

That's the cave in Episode 3 right?

I'm stuck in the same cave , every tunel seems to end with a wall or a black hole.

rdrunr89
03-02-2008, 02:43 PM
That's the cave in Episode 3 right?

I'm stuck in the same cave , every tunel seems to end with a wall or a black hole.

Yep same cave. Hate them.

Liquid Sky
03-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Damn i'am Lost

After talking to Michael i go in to the cave (first one)
I follow the path, at the fist open spot i go to the right.
At the second open spot i use the lighter that i get from Micheal to crossover the path.
Then going thru 2 waterfalls and there is another third open spot.
I go straight forward en then i see a bear and a torch lying on the floor.
Then i turn left through another waterfall.....and then....i'am LOST!!

I also tried to go to the right at the third spot , before the bear
I played over 1 1/2 hours en tried more then a 100 times.
Also put my LCD in full Brightnes and in the option screen.
Can somebody help me through this level? i feel like a N00B

Please help me...other wise i'am LOST

ThNx in advance

rdrunr89
03-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Damn i'am Lost

After talking to Michael i go in to the cave (first one)
I follow the path, at the fist open spot i go to the right.
At the second open spot i use the lighter that i get from Micheal to crossover the path.
Then going thru 2 waterfalls and there is another third open spot.
I go straight forward en then i see a bear and i torch lying on the floor.
Then i turn left thru another waterfall.....and then....i'am LOST!!

I also tried to go to the right at the third spot , before the bear
I played over 1 1/2 hours en tried more then a 100 times.
Also put my LCD in full Brightnes and in the option screen.
Can somebody help me thru this level? i feel like a N00B

Please help me...other wise i'am LOST

ThNx in advance

I got past that, I was stuck at the same spot. If I remember right, you have to go to the left by the bear and through the other waterfall. I would suggest using the torch rather than the lighter, it lasts longer. You can also use the the RB button to do a slight look ahead to see where you may need to go. Sorry that isn't much help, but it did take me a bit to go through there and it was like 1030pm and I was just trying to get through, not paying attention. Sorry.

Liquid Sky
03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I got past that, I was stuck at the same spot. If I remember right, you have to go to the left by the bear and through the other waterfall. I would suggest using the torch rather than the lighter, it lasts longer. You can also use the the RB button to do a slight look ahead to see where you may need to go. Sorry that isn't much help, but it did take me a bit to go through there and it was like 1030pm and I was just trying to get through, not paying attention. Sorry.

ThNx rdrunr89,

Now I realy feel like a N00B...arghh
I have got two torches when I go in to the cave....but how do I use them??

rdrunr89
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
ThNx rdrunr89,

Now I realy feel like a N00B...arghh
I have got two torches when I go in to the cave....but how do I use them??

Sorry didn't mean to make you feel that way. Wait till the cave that i'm on. =) Kidding.

to use the torches, push up on the + pad and then select a torch by pressing A. when you go back to your normal view, you'll see the X (light) option on the right. When you are about to go through waterfalls, make sure to press X to extinguish it or you will lose some of the torch use upon the next time you light it. If you have multiple torches, when one gets down towards the end, I believe Y shows up to press to reload. Its either that or X again. Press it and your guy will automatically change torches. Hope that helps. Sorry I'm not much of a guide on the cave part.

Liquid Sky
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry didn't mean to make you feel that way. Wait till the cave that i'm on. =) Kidding.

to use the torches, push up on the + pad and then select a torch by pressing A. when you go back to your normal view, you'll see the X (light) option on the right. When you are about to go through waterfalls, make sure to press X to extinguish it or you will lose some of the torch use upon the next time you light it. If you have multiple torches, when one gets down towards the end, I believe Y shows up to press to reload. Its either that or X again. Press it and your guy will automatically change torches. Hope that helps. Sorry I'm not much of a guide on the cave part.

ThNx...

I will try this tonight!!

Liquid Sky
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
After talking to Michael you go in to the cave (first one)
Follow the path, at the fist open spot go to the right.
At the second open spot use the lighter that you get from Micheal to crossover the path.
Then going through 2 waterfalls and there is another third open spot.
Go straight forward en then you see a bear and a torch lying on the floor.
Take up the torch en press up the d-pad, equip the torch.
Walk trough the waterfall, after that press X to light up the torch.
Then go to the right and now you're almost at the and.

That's what it is 4 the first cave.

ThNx 4 the help rdrunr89

rdrunr89
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
After talking to Michael you go in to the cave (first one)
Follow the path, at the fist open spot go to the right.
At the second open spot use the lighter that you get from Micheal to crossover the path.
Then going through 2 waterfalls and there is another third open spot.
Go straight forward en then you see a bear and a torch lying on the floor.
Take up the torch en press up the d-pad, equip the torch.
Walk trough the waterfall, after that press X to light up the torch.
Then go to the right and now you're almost at the and.

That's what it is 4 the first cave.

ThNx 4 the help rdrunr89

Glad you made it through. If I can get through the next cave I'll try to post directions on here. Sorry I wasn't too much help. I'm going to try the second cave tonight.

rdrunr89
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
For those of you who get stuck like I did, here's how to get through the second cave:

1. Turn the brightness all the way up in the options menu (this really helps. Credit goes to Desmo82 for the suggestion)
2. Make sure to have at least 1 full torch (you can pick up a second in the cave)
3. When you first go in, you see Lisa, light your torch and go running after her.
4. Here are the directions from the entrance, Left, Right, through small tunnel, stay to the right, cross the narrow bridge, tunnel with bats (extinguish your torch before going to that part), Large room with waterfall (Lisa will be behind it).
5. The extra torch is to your left along with a can of food.
6. Go through the waterfall and stay to the far left, you'll go through a small tunnel and come out with 3 choices, again go to the left and then you come to a room thats a little lit up. There is a waterfall to your left and then right. Go right and through the small waterfall. You'll come to a larger room. Jump down. Your guy will act as if he hurt his leg for a minute. Find a body over to the right and pick up the item. Locke will appear and you and he have an exchange of words. The black smoke can be heard. You give Locke what he wants and he helps you out and gives you a laptop battery. End of Episode 3.

Hope that helps everyone.

martin88
03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
The black smoke always gets me, no matter what I go or where I go. What am I missing? I tried waiting in the dark, nope, it still gets me. Tried lighting a torch, still gets me. Tried running away, still gets me.

rdrunr89
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
The black smoke always gets me, no matter what I go or where I go. What am I missing? I tried waiting in the dark, nope, it still gets me. Tried lighting a torch, still gets me. Tried running away, still gets me.

Are you in the second cave? Always keep your torch lit, and the black smoke can't get you. Keep extra torches on hand (you can pick up one or two within the caves). Try not to let the bats get to your torch while its lit or go under a waterfall while its lit as this will extinguish it and take "life" away from the torch. If you don't have a torch, you should have a cigarette lighter. You can use that as well.

hope that helps.

Capocci 007
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
im stuck in cave 2 for a long time.