PDA

View Full Version : WTH? Lu Bu kills me in two hits on Easy?

jkanownik
03-01-2008, 06:29 AM
What the hell is up with this game? Lu Bu keeps killing me in two hits. This is the first level of the game and I'm playing it on easy.

This has got to be the worst game I've ever played as far as ridiculously escalating difficulty combined with a lack of instruction. I can't even tell what is happening because I die before I even know what is going on. Are the developers purposely trying to dissuade people from picking up this game who have never played a DW game before?

If I had my other Gamefly title in hand I'd be sealing this sucker up and sending it right back out immediately. I'll give it a few more tries, but at this point I'd give this game a score of like 1 or 2 out of 10.

G315T
03-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeah, that was a huge mistake on their part. In a few of the people's story modes, Lu Bu appears in the first levels in Hyper mode (that red glow on him). He is idiotically difficult, and I'm sure if you're new to the series you'd just be like "Omgwtf just killed me."

You can avoid killing him in Hu Lao gate. Allow your allies to break down the gate, then attack Dong Zhuo and be sure you kill him before Lu Bu comes to rescue him. Yeah, it's dumb that he's there, but this is a really good beat'em up series so don't count it out just yet.

If you're really having difficulties getting through it, play your desired character in Free Mode on the Yellow Turban Rebellion on Easy. If you level up the character in Free Mode, the updated levels/stats/skills/weapons/horses can be used in Musou mode, even with save games.

botafogo007
03-01-2008, 08:14 AM
This same fight with Lu Bu pops up in every DW game. I remember being incredibly frustrated with it too in DW3 (the first one I played) until I finally just learned to stay away from him. I think the intention all along has been to demonstrate how mighty Lu Bu was, but I agree they could at least give you a warning before he shows up and wipes out half your force.

BTW, I found out the hard way today that you can't climb over the wall and take out Dong Zhuo while your forces are still messing around trying to break the gate. Lu Bu will spawn and /owned.

Rashaka1
03-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Actually they do tell you that, the officer says something along the lines of, "no one can stand against Lu Bu? Then just ignore him." It's kinda subtle but it's there. I actually like the fact that he's super hard to kill, since he's supposed to be the strongest character in the game and once you play as him and see his story, you will understand.

I can understand what you are saying about this game in general though... They changed this game a lot compared to the older versions. This one is a lot more difficult in general than any of the other Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games.

After you play it for a while and realize you need to not bother with most of the target sub quests and just play through and level your character up, then you can complete the target quests in free mode with any character that you want.... There seems to be an achievement for getting all characters to level 50 so you might as well start leveling your characters up now anyway.

G315T
03-01-2008, 01:51 PM
It definitely is a lot more difficult. I played through every Musou for Musou Master on Normal. I did as many target quests as possible too, just becuase that's how I enjoyed it. I wasn't blazing through just to get it done as fast as possible. ;) I knew that if I skipped lots of exp in the Musou modes I'd have to get that exp later just grinding it out hehe. Also, I didnt have to go back and do many Targets for Target General... when I had completed "Scenario General", I only had to go into free mode and do like 17 Targets.

Cliff Drive
03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
being new to Dynasty warriors, the casual "hack and slash can kill anything and everything" theory goes out the window in the early stage Lu Bu fights where they are intentionally made to show his power along with let you know you can't just hack and slash everything. Purpose is to just learn to avoid someone and what not, which just frustrates the people that MUST kill everything.

I knew straight up since he was a target with a 1000 points, that he'd be just like the other games. Hard and not meant to be defeated. But other then that fact, leveling up will eventually get you there to whoop on him.

themikewoo
03-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I ran into the same scenario and will try to do what is suggested when I get home from work.

G315T
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Having played all the other DW games I knew what I was getting into. The first level i played I looked at the targets and I was like, "Ugh.. Kill Lu Bu?" I remember being annoyed that he was in the first level. I even tried to fight him the first time though and I gaped at my TV and I was like, "Wow, what is this clown doing in the first level?" I don't think I fought him and beat him until I had a character to almost 20, and even then I had to cheese-kill him with grabs. If the Hu Lao Gate Lu Bu gets ahold of even a level 30 character on "Normal" difficulty he can one shot you with his grabs, or three shot you with a combo... it's just rude. ;)

What I didnt think of is how this would effect people new to the series, and I would imagine the TC's frustrations are something a lot of new people would feel. If you had no idea you were supposed to avoid Lu Bu... you'd basically want to take the game back out and never play it again.

The silver lining on Lu Bu's early appearance is that he doesn't appear in any really hard levels where you have to fight him. There is a significant increase in difficulty as the map difficulty increases (not just the mode difficulty).

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
The thing about the Dynasty Warriors games is Lu Bu is always this way and it's always on the same stage of the game. The games are based on a book about the three major kingdoms in china and it is said that Lu Bu was a total beast during this battle.

First Zhang Fei (or Guan Yu) tried to stand against him as he repelled hundreds of soldiers. He was unable to match him. Then Guan Yu (or Zhang Fei) came to the other's aid. The two were still no match for the mighty Lu Bu. Next Liu Bei came to aid the other two esteemed officers and only then were they able to force Lu Bu to retreat.

Lu Bu is supposed to be unstoppable during this battle and each and every Dynasty Warriors game has made it this way. He is much easier to handle during the battle for Xia Pi castle as historically this is where Lu Bu died. Don't despair though, every game warns you "Do not pursue Lu Bu!!" or some such. This game doesn't scream it out to you like the others but the warning is still there.

If you want to pass the map more easily. Do not defend the rams that are trying to break down Hu Lao gate. Wait for a ladder to get placed and climb up and jump to the other side and defeat Dong Zhuo before Lu Bu arrives or you're asking for trouble. Lu Bu shouldn't arrive until the allied break down Hu Lao gate with the rams, so just don't help them speed up that process at all. Come back to this stage as a level 30 character and wipe the floor with him if it'll make you feel better. ;)

RupturedRapture
03-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah Lu Bu is an absolute beast, but thats how he is supposed to be. I can definetely see how this could throw people off seeing how most other maps can be completed by just beating the hell out of everything:). Sill i say, just stick with it, i personally love the game.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh, and one more thing. Almost every major officer had a historically amazing battle. You'll want to avoid those officers during those maps as they're not going to be easy to take down. Here are a few to beware of.

Zhang Liao at the battle of He Fei was said to have repelled 10,000 men with his 800 cavalry during this battle and came extremely close to completely wiping out Wu with an ambush on Sun Quan. Do not fight him here unless you want an extreme challenge.

Zhang Fei at the battle of Chang Ban supposedly held a bridge while Liu Bei escaped from Cao Cao's forces. He defeated hundreds of soldiers by himself before he was forced to retreat and meet up with Liu Bei to escape on this ships.

Zhao Yun was said to have carried Liu Bei's child while fighting atop his horse as he rushed to Liu Bei's side during the same battle for Chang Ban. He won't be easy to tackle here.

Pang Tong was supposed to have died during the battle where Liu Bei attacks Zhang (something) as he was riding Liu Bei's hex mark horse. The soldiers thought he was Liu Bei and assassinated him. He'll be tough to keep alive during this stage.

Gan Ning was also at the battle of He Fei and he brought his pirate soldiers to aid Wu. I don't know historically why but he's really tough on this stage as well.

They removed a bunch of stages where characters were super powered like Dian Wei's castle stage where he decimated forces who were trying to assassinate his Lord Cao Cao in a sneak attack. (he was Cao Cao's personal bodyguard) Guan Yu also had a stage where he was leaving Cao Cao's army to meet back up with Liu Bei and one of his officers decided it would be best to not let Guan Yu leave Cao's service and become a potential enemy. Cao Cao was furious with his officer for taking it upon himself to attack Guan Yu as he was granted permission to leave. In other games Guan Yu was extremely tough because historically he defeated countless officers at certain checkpoints as he made his escape from the renegade officer.

botafogo007
03-01-2008, 08:19 PM
If you want to pass the map more easily. Do not defend the rams that are trying to break down Hu Lao gate. Wait for a ladder to get placed and climb up and jump to the other side and defeat Dong Zhuo before Lu Bu arrives or you're asking for trouble. Lu Bu shouldn't arrive until the allied break down Hu Lao gate with the rams, so just don't help them speed up that process at all. Come back to this stage as a level 30 character and wipe the floor with him if it'll make you feel better. ;)

Nope. I tried that--he just spawns inside with Dong Zhuo instead, and it's impossible to survive cause he'll chase you all over :)

G315T
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, if you want to avoid Lu Bu on this map... you should:

1. Get to the gate.
2. Climb a ladder and kill the balistas.
3. Take over the Outpost that's northeast of the gate.
4. Go behind the wall and kill all the officers outside Dong Zhuo's main base/room.
5. When your allies break the gate, Lu Bu spawns out at the gate.

If you break down Dong Zhuo's door, he does his "Lu Bu, why are you fooling around...?" speech... and Lu Bu appears at the entrance to Dong Zhuo's room which is definitely what you don't want.

Cliff Drive
03-02-2008, 03:24 AM
If you break down Dong Zhuo's door, he does his "Lu Bu, why are you fooling around...?" speech... and Lu Bu appears at the entrance to Dong Zhuo's room which is definitely what you don't want.

I unfortunately did that.... HOWEVER. Lu Bu is still beatable on Easy with a level 1 player. In fact, I had a few slivers left of his life to go. How'd it happen? I was playing through musou mode with Xiahou Dun and once he appeared, I ran to help out my men break down the gates. After that, all my generals swarmed the don zhou room leaving Lu Bu to start fighting off his horse. I swooped in with my own horse, jumped off it and onto the Red Hare and just ran around taking cheap shots at Lu Bu until i made a wrong turn and got stuck at one of my own guys only to have Lu Bu knock me off his horse in 1 swoop killing me....sigh. But it's possible to kill Lu Bu easily with a lvl 1 player with no leveling up

Tricka21
03-02-2008, 03:57 AM
As far as i remember since the PS1 beat em up game Lu Bu has always been overpowered & it's carried on since then, it's just how his character was portrayed in history alongside other genrals like Zhang Fei, Guan Yu etc you'll no when you face them in the game because you'll be like wtf.

G315T
03-02-2008, 04:28 AM
I unfortunately did that.... HOWEVER. Lu Bu is still beatable on Easy with a level 1 player. In fact, I had a few slivers left of his life to go. How'd it happen? I was playing through musou mode with Xiahou Dun and once he appeared, I ran to help out my men break down the gates. After that, all my generals swarmed the don zhou room leaving Lu Bu to start fighting off his horse. I swooped in with my own horse, jumped off it and onto the Red Hare and just ran around taking cheap shots at Lu Bu until i made a wrong turn and got stuck at one of my own guys only to have Lu Bu knock me off his horse in 1 swoop killing me....sigh. But it's possible to kill Lu Bu easily with a lvl 1 player with no leveling up

Well yes, it's definitely possible.. is it fun or time efficient? Not really. ;)

Cliff Drive
03-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Well yes, it's definitely possible.. is it fun or time efficient? Not really. ;)

Fun in a sense it gave that shocking amazement that my level 1 guy almost finished him off, but time efficient...not even close. I'll make sure to get that target when I can build a brickhouse character and dominate him

StumpyFlesh
03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Lu Bu has always been impossible on Hu Lao Gate, even on easy. He's just a ridiculous character in the story mode. You have to sprint past him and hope he doesn't chase you.

widdler
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I used to love the dynasty warriors on the ps2. Whenever Lu Bu turned up it would be like.... 'GET HIM!!!'
Glad to see his reputation is still as it should be.

GRIMFISTED
03-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I Batterd Lu BU with Zhao yun on my first go dont know how but i did on normal

Resolutionnine
03-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I think your all wrong, the only thing you have to do to get rid of Lu is to knock him off Red Hare, steal the horse while he is bouncing around irratated he'll chase you for thirty seconds then he'll get bored and take on Yuan Shao, but you should have more than enough time to get the rest of the targets done, and finish the level. just make sure you keep Red Hare near by and he wont bother anyone really. Oh and Grimfisted given the fact that Lu Bu will kill anyone in two hits on almost any difficulty on the first time round, i find what you state highly unlikely

G315T
03-12-2008, 01:31 PM
It's actually quite possible to kill Lu Bu with a low level character it just takes a long long time and a lot of luck. ;) I killed Lu Bu on Normal with a level 6 or so Zhou Yu by spamming him with my LB+Y grab. Took like 20 minutes.

You can't really "keep Red Hare by you". If you get off a horse you stole from another general it runs back to the owner.

On Hu Lao Gate you should have the first target done before you even see the gate. The second target is easy as long as you go kill the ballistas on one side as fast as possible.

After you kill the ballistas you should play around inside the wall killing the generals that come out of Dong Zhuo's room until your allies break down the gate, and when they do that, Lu Bu appears and you kill DZ. Most of the time you shouldn't even have to SEE Lu Bu in that level, let alone fight him.

GRIMFISTED
03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I have now Done him with Zhao yun level 2 after jumping over the wall (stupidly) and Zhang fei at level 3 it took me a while to it with zhang fei though abut 10 mins and they were both done on normal

GRIMFISTED
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh and Grimfisted given the fact that Lu Bu will kill anyone in two hits on almost any difficulty on the first time round, i find what you state highly unlikely You can think that all you want i know what i did and im proud :D

donkeydood15
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I tried to take on Lu Bu on my first ever level, which was Hu Lao gate or whatever its called, in Zhou Yun's musou. I got him down to about half hp but he got a combo on me and as soon as he did, I was guaranteed to die.

Just tried it with Guan Yu as well at about level 6-8 cant remember, and i did worse lol.

BearsAirz
03-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Yah, Ive had plenty of bad experiences with Lu Bu ever since DW3. Every game he is a COMPLETE BEAST. So for all of you ppl new to the series you should deff. stay away from him until you 1) know how to play, 2) know that hes prolly gonna whoop your but, 3) have a decently lvl character, 4) can do cheap moves to beat him.

donkeydood15
03-22-2008, 10:48 AM
lol I was playing as level 50 Lu Bu trying to get the targets done, I did Hu Lao Gate and Lu Bu appeared. I needed to kill him to get the target.

When I did (which was so easy) it said Lu Bu: How could I be beaten by someone like you?

lol it was yourself who beat ya, nub! lol

S1ck x VaLoR
03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Yup, build up your character first then face him

mchannon37
03-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I've been playing DW since DW3, and I love this game, so like many, I knew what to expect when Lu Bu came onto the field, but, I saved my game and gave it a try, suffice to say that I got worked, I think I took him to like 1/2 life, using a lucky juggle and some of the old LB+Y cheapness...then I had to rub my nose and I died with the quickness...however, I did go back and proceed to kill him with almost every character whose Musuo I beat, just for shit-n-giggles. But, that was an unlucky thing to have that battle be first and not know about Lu Bu's idiotically strong-ness. I'm just about to unluck that bastard and I think from what I've read that I will be dissappointed, oh well, at least they also ruined Xiahuo Dun for me too...

paul_6666
03-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Lu Bu is easy enough to kill with any character on any lvl if you just run him over with a horse (depending on the horse it takes like 8-12 hits).
Ofcourse this sounds like a bit of a cheap way to kill him but when your just looking for some easy xp on the this level its worth it as the target for killing him carrys with it 1k xp + then you can brag about killing Lu Bu with a low lvl character.
This is what i did at first untill i was actually a high enough lvl to kill him.

sjanuary99
04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
if you have a friend to double team Lu Bu, then its not as hard in my opinion.

Drunk3nR4d
04-03-2008, 05:57 AM
hehe i love the mighty lu bu! ever since i seen my buddy playing dw5 when it first came out for xbox or ps2 and watched him run from him like a lil girl..... coolest character in a video game... period.. (cept for maybe sephiroth in ff7) but i do agree that having him positioned where he is on the first level for many characters is really frustrating

G315T
04-03-2008, 12:37 PM
His weapon and outfit are just too fruity for me in DW6, he's got those big streaks of eyeshadow, the fat clunky armor, and one of the worst weapons in the game. =p

HellOnMars
04-15-2008, 12:46 PM
:woop:just use a horse easy

Dark Kitsune
04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
When I saw the xp bonus for taking out Lu Bu on this fight I was totally for it until he slammed my head against the ground and used it as a mop. Feeling pretty powerful as you plow through everything can hurt when you get cocky for this guy too. It wasn't until recently that I decided to horse stomp him and now feel "dirty" hahaha.

Rink Rat 55
04-16-2008, 05:48 PM
My roomate, who is not a veteran DW player, fighted against Lu Bu yesterday. I tried to warn him not to mess with Lu Bu... but he got picked up and thrown against a wall, instantly killing him (in one hit/throw).

To all the people whinning about Lu Bu being on your first Musou level, you were warned 2x not to mess with him: the cinematic scene where people are flying thru the air the moment Lu Bu arrives AND Yuan Shao saying NOONE can stand up to Lu Bu.

KOEI basically wanted to show everyone how much of a bad*** Lu Bu still is to the extreme.

I will reiterate what others have already said, the moment the gate falls avoid Lu Bu and head straight for Dong Zhuo. Be sure to use both your special attack (the tome book) and musou attack at the same instance. That way, you are still attacking Dong Zhuo when he cries for help from Lu Bu.

I killed Dong Zhuo on level 1 Xiahou Dun this way. It can be done.

SandyMVP
04-18-2008, 11:24 PM
lubu's supossed to be invincible (hes the mightiest warrior of the time period) most time u have to take advantage of special circumstances to bypass or defeat him, in ur case ull probly have to void as i assume ur talking about shi shui (?) gate or hu lao gate

at xia pi castle u actually beat him though but his moral is so low if u flood the castle b4 his reiforcements arrive its a simple matter

Greg0fTheDead
05-14-2008, 02:30 PM
this really pissed me off too. I played all the DW games but having Lu Bu charge you on the first level freaking sucks. of course its my fault for not saving, but it still blows that I spent 30 minutes in a damn level to be whacked in two hits. I was trying to kill dong zhuo in time but lu bu just kinda swept in and took me out before I even knew what was going on. sucks. grr..

ill play it again later when Im a little less pissed off.

Gentleman
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Zuo Ci > Lu Bu.

Shame that he's not in this one though ;_;

I think Koei thought that he was too "powerful".

Kez
05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
If you climb one of the ladders and hop down on the other side of the wall, you can clear a path to Dong Zhuo without spawning Lu Bu. At that point, you have two choices: 1) Attack Dong Zhuo and kill him FAST (Lu Bu will spawn right on top of you the moment you hit DZ) or 2) Clear the path, stand at the gate to the main camp, take out all of Dong Zhuo's lieutenants and then wait until the gate falls...Lu Bu will spawn at the gate and you should have PLENTY of time to kill Dong Zhuo before he can reach you.

EOU Findub
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
While yes, I do agree with people that Koei was just out to finally make Lu Bu the monster he was, it still would have been epic to see him battle Guan Yu, another 'greatest fighter of his time' warrior. There is no way he would have killed Guan Yu is like, 2 hits. I am a veteran of the DW series and in the past I could fight him and usually beat him, level 1 or not. I foolishly tried to fight him and after taking two cuts to the face from his weapon (my health was like permanently red after those two hit) I decided to run like the chicken I am into a base. I am glad they made him powerful but come on...this is ridiculous.

link31793
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
i would always kill him in dw5 with the square square triangle combo, just for the uber weapon he gives you. you could get the level three weapon on like, the first second or third weapon. can you say rape?

Blue Radium
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I remember I really enjoyed doing things like taking Lu Bu and playing as him with the allies in DW 4... just seemed kind of funny to me =D But yes, I remember him being impossible on weak characters, and taking a bit of work on maxed out characters.

But hey, think of it this way, when you are playing the game, how do you think the poor AIs feel? You can kill 1000 of them, 1 hitting all of them, while you take loads of hits from the grunts to die. Lu Bu could be, I don't know, sticking up for the little man when he owns your face. When you fight against him on the first level, it really is just like you fighting a grunt AI, where Lu Bu is you and you are the grunt =D

haipham
10-03-2008, 05:13 AM
you cant run Lu Bu over with a horse. and how are you planing to do that without a horse in ur first battle.
Lu Bu is not that hard when you get a any lv 50 character with flash weopon. Then you can kill him in like 2 hit!!!!!!
For people new to this game i thing Sun Shang Xiang is the best choice to start with.
She is easy to use and have an not so hard musou mode.

Otonielgt
11-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Yes Lu Bu is Beastly.. Im playing DW6 and all i did was just run away from him. its quite simple.

Sparkit719
12-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Lu bu is pretty hard. I would like they said avoid them, unless thats like an area with alot of troops and officers. If you were playing co-op you could probably handle him with alternating shots.

awesomepizza
01-07-2009, 01:06 AM
When I played the fourth game on CoOp, I had to play with this macho idiot, that thought everything had to be as hard as possible. So we get to the battle of the Gate, and then to Lu Bu, must have sat there for two hours while this idiot kept trying and dying to Lu Bu.

Captain Ashton
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Don't attack Lu Bu. He has always been incredibly overpowered so just avoid him and kill Dong Zhuo. Don't get off put by it.

Daz Dup
10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
HAHA my first hu lao gate escapade, ended with me and my friend seeing a very angry Lu Bu, even more so when we killed his wife lol, and we said, as foolish level 2-3 characters, We can take him! he has a cool horse but he cant kill us all!!!!! well in the wise words of Arnie, WRONG!!!! lol we ended up on the floor.
Wish the A-Team would have answered.

No Time 2 Bl33d
08-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Yea i agree. Lu bu is very tough even on easy. like most people said, just go around him and kill dong zhuo. if u want the target, replay on easy with a high level person to achieve the 1000 exp target. This will also help with the taget achievements.

Ashunera
10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha
the first time i played against lubu
he killed me with 1 grapple move :D 1 hit Ko :D it was so funny
also he does unfair damage
but also , HE ISN'T the beast in this game
because his defense is weak , lubu in this game is set only on POWER
if you know the ULTIMATE dynasty-samurai warriors tactics
attack him > run away > attack him > run away and keep doing it
in dynasty warriors 4 i beated lubu on chaos with level 1 pang tong and it was HELL , it coudn't be harder because a simple enemy can kill you in 1 hit
and i used that stategy the whole level and won it

iHeartSlampigs
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Unless you can get weak and keep running away and using your stronger musou attack and just keep repeating..but the better tip is avoid him. Lu Bu makes new players to Dynasty warriors hate the series instantly haha.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
01-24-2011, 02:44 AM
LuBu is fairly easy IMO when you face him with a Level 1 Guan Yu, but for me anyways since he's my favorite character. I also agree with the fact that, yes he is ridiculously hard for a General even on easy.

Also if you ignore LuBu, he'll go straight for Yuan Shao, and if Yuan Shao dies.. Game over. So I would haul ass to Dong Zhuo and get work done. ;)

Bcleal
01-30-2011, 09:25 PM
LOL He Is SUPPOSED to be hard he was the mightest warrior in this time period and one of chinas mightest warriors of ALL TIME U shouldnt b able to kill him with a lv 1 character and dont b childish and complain if u know the series u should have alrdy know he is a beast and u cant beat him first time i played this i said o S*** LU BU and stayed away from him the whole time :) if ur new let me say this RUN AWAY when he is coming near.

The Devil 696
01-31-2011, 10:20 PM
I find Lu Bu easy myself, however, all those sad, school holidays when I was younger on DW3,4,5 kind of helped a lot.
I could play DW days on end.

Necrosis102
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I find Lu Bu easy myself, however, all those sad, school holidays when I was younger on DW3,4,5 kind of helped a lot.
I could play DW days on end.

:goodpost

I personally cannot wait for the new DW in a few months, been a massive fan since DW3 and have also invested vast amounts of time into DW games:)

nicholausjames
03-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Lubu has always been a beast! i just started playing 6 and i cant wait until i unlock him. :woop:

bentiancai
05-06-2011, 02:34 AM
trying to beat lu bu in easy mode, but still being killed by him
my advise is level up ur hero in free mode, and then play musou mode again

HiGHJoKa
05-31-2011, 10:10 PM
best feeling in the world though is leveling up and beating lu bu on a higher difficulty. hes like the Sephiroth of Dynasty Warriors

BouncierRaptor
07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
this takes me back to DW4. lu bu was so easy to kill back then. until u played DW5 >:( its like he gets stronger each game that comes out. i was pissed and relieved. he couldnt grab which was good. dont have to worry about him breaking my gaurd and throwing across the map. but they gave him another move that was incapable of being blocked. and the musou tokens made it worst. but nothing compares to this. DW6... it took me and my friend half an hour to kill him but it was worth it in the end :D. my advice, dont take his horse, once u get off of it he ends up following you for the entire length of the game. its like having a stalker, only u die after he catches u xp

bgrthn123
07-25-2011, 02:25 AM
I never actually beat Lu Bu until i came back with a level 30 character. But when i was using a level 1 character i was able to get his life below 50%. :woop:

FullMoonBeaver
11-18-2013, 09:17 AM
I have played every game since DW2. Each and every time I have enjoyed fighting Lu Bu. I used to play co op with a mate, and we would level up Dian Wei and Guan Yu to the max, then we would put it on Chaos and own him haha. I have to admit I am rusty at this game having not played it in 6 years. So naturally I was over confident, and got killed twice in a row by him last night. He is certainly tougher this time around. Gonna have to level up and then own him. Surprised there was not an achievement to at least beat him.

Singh Dhaliwal
12-25-2013, 01:25 AM
lubu is much easy to defeat use gan ning against him if you are at starting use sunjian I can defeat lubu even on 1 level.because I have cleared whole of all forces