PDA

View Full Version : Have the game, never watched the show

Chibi the Balla
03-02-2008, 07:18 AM
So the game itself interested me, so I got it. I've NEVER seen an episode of Lost for more than 5 minutes. I know the game follows after the first two seasons. Should I watch the first two seasons before getting into this game? Or can I pick up things along the way to help me out?

King Ces
03-02-2008, 12:56 PM
So the game itself interested me, so I got it. I've NEVER seen an episode of Lost for more than 5 minutes. I know the game follows after the first two seasons. Should I watch the first two seasons before getting into this game? Or can I pick up things along the way to help me out?

Hehe no man u dont need to watch the series for this game at all, ur way better off keeping up with the guide :locked lol
But anyways if u got spear time you should watch it its a kul show dude.
Peace

psycho harry
03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I'll say.. play this game... and it intress you more.. then start watch the serie..

Sweenaldo 1985
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I'd say that the show would help you understand the characters and some of the locations better, but the game really doesn't tie too heavily into the show, and can be viewed as its own story too.

Play the game, and if you like it, watch the show. There are worse ways to pass an hour a week :)

Adebisi 187
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Personally i could never play the game without the show, but thats just because i think the game is a real poor example of the show in general. Watching each episode sucks you in to want to learn more, while this game sort of shows it it really just makes you not realize how good it is. I guess from watching every episode it would make you enjoy the game a lot more, but without knowing anything it honestly wouldn't attract me much.

Filter x360a
03-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I love the show, have since the beginning. I think the game has a good story that ties into the show in a few interesting ways. It's a great game for any Lost fan, and an ok game otherwise.

FX.

Aphlix
03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Of course, If you were a fan of the show you'd appreciate this game alot more, But as for confusion and frustration, there shouldn't be any It's just a normal game. Just like any other adventure type game. But the show in its entirety is AMAZING :)

AOSKINS
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm hoping the game gives me another reason to pick up old seasons when they come out on DVD

sheldipez
03-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Unless you want the achievements then there's no point playing it if you havent followed the series as the game explains nothing so you wont have a clue whats going on or what the characters are. It's bad enough for a fan of the show never mind anyone else.

Darth Barthus
03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Treat the game and show as separate entities. But I would get a netflix account and watch the first two seasons, it is a very good show. Be warned however, if you like quick solutions to problems and loose ends tied up at the end of every episode, this is NOT the show for you.

Aphlix
03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Treat the game and show as separate entities. But I would get a netflix account and watch the first two seasons, it is a very good show. Be warned however, if you like quick solutions to problems and loose ends tied up at the end of every episode, this is NOT the show for you.

You have a point...

If this is not you, Then watch Heroes XD

Sandman1000
03-10-2008, 07:27 PM
It a great show

Natasja26
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I do follow this show and I like it.But you don't have to watch the show for the game.I think.The game was great by the way.

avengerRPM
03-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Having never really watched or followed the show, the game was still good as a stand alone story. I sort of skipped over a lot of the important information (I think) since I just worked my way through for the achievies with the guide. Good game though, definitely surpassed my expectations.

Robachan
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Definitely watch the show first before the game (if you are at all interested in the show). The game spoils many things from the show very early on. Some fairly shocking revelations from the show are revealed in a much more casual way in the game.

TA Sasuke
03-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm a HUGE Lost fan and I will tell you that this game isn't really worth a buy if you aren't a huge fan of the show. I bought it, and it seems like a good side story to Lost, even though it would have been a little better if we had controlled an actual character from the show, and if the voice actors were actually the real actors. But to answer your question, no you don't really need to watch the show to understand the game, but i recommend watching the show just because of how awesome it is.