PDA

View Full Version : Totally Unplayable

Evo Kazz
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I bought this game last week, after reading awesome reviews, thing is, I just cant play it, it is so damn hard, I was always ok at beat em ups, but this one has me.

Is there any general tips I need to know? I went into options to change difficulty and normal is lowest??? normal is Ultra Hard for me lol.

Sometimes my opponents stands there and hardly moves, making it sooooo easy, but 99% of the time in story mode, I get hammered right from the word "FIGHT" and never get chance to stand up.

Also AI counters any move I do get in there, I am showed I can also reverse and counter, but it just does not seem to work for me, my character stands there like a lemon then gets pounded, I suck so bad at this game.

Am extremely disheartened how hard it is.

Shinobi273
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah sorry this is supposed to be among the most complex fighting games available with different stances, counters, combos, and throws for each character. It's hard, we all know that. In story mode you are given unlimited continues so you should be able to get lucky once and win (set number of rounds to 1). Ayane, Hayabusa, and Kasumi are supposed to be easy beginner fighters.

scottsdone
03-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm not a genius when it comes to DoA games, however I have been playing since DoA2 on the Dreamcast. The best advice I can give would be to try out all the characters in sparring and just constantly go through their move-set. From what I've read the single-player portion of the game runs at 60 frames, so countering is much more difficult due to this.

S1lent B Deadly
03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
my advice would be to sell it on ebay and get virtua fighter 5

III Vesper III
03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Team Ninja doesn't mess around.

bakardi boy
03-18-2008, 03:46 AM
dude send me a friend request and ill teach you how to play the right way

Takun
04-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Team Ninja doesn't mess around.

At the risk of getting a whole heap of flak sent my way, Team Ninja should date a little more. I mean, with the extra large chests, bounces, sways and jiggles that every girl has, it looks more like they were designed by a bunch of horny 15 year old boys... Seriously! (Yeah yeah, again, I just know Im gonna get some flame now)

quidyg
04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
At the risk of getting a whole heap of flak sent my way, Team Ninja should date a little more. I mean, with the extra large chests, bounces, sways and jiggles that every girl has, it looks more like they were designed by a bunch of horny 15 year old boys... Seriously! (Yeah yeah, again, I just know Im gonna get some flame now)

you say that like its a bad thing ;)

CityOfVillains
04-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Should have seen the original DoA. In that one there was the game option
Breast Bounce: On/Off

In that game is was more like low gravity bouncing, rather than the ....uh.. more realistic bounce of unreal portions.

Back on topic, yea the game can be hard. Learned the hard way that playing through that the 'throw' button means the computer throws you. It takes time but eventually you can figure it out enough to get through story mode.

Sleepy Gamer
04-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, this game kicks you in the balls, I heard someone say the computer studies your moves and if you use certain combos or moves too much the computer will block and counter you even more. Then there's the absolutely cheap endless combo that you get locked in, unable to move or counter while they string you up with a series of hits that knocks off half your life. I find myself waiting for them to come at me, then attacking just before they reach me, since that's what happened to me so much beginning, I would get hit in the middle of an attack, then get laid the f**k out.

And of course they have to throw the obligatory super boss at you, who moves twice as fast, hits twice as hard, has insane attack range, uses almost nothing but huge combos, has devastating and obnoxiously long throws, and can friggin teleport. Damn you nekkid Kasumi clone, damn you.

Just try different approaches, blind button mashing and rushing the enemy every time you get back up will only lead to frustration. Find a good mix off offense and defense.

ok c0mputer
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
you gotta use lots of different moves. or just get lucky.

Ryot Control
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
This game still gets me emotional. The ONLY game that brings me to the verge of chucking my controller at the tv.

The solution? Just play until you get lucky. You lose tons of times, but you really only spend 10 -15 minutes a run total.