PDA

View Full Version : Escaping the Black Smoke

Filter x360a
03-03-2008, 05:14 AM
I looked around and didn't see any threads on this one. Does anyone have any tips for getting out of the Dark Territory with the Dynamite while avoiding the Black Smoke? I've been going from Banyan tree to Banyan tree, but I can't seem to find my way out.

I read on gamespot that there is a youtube video, but I couldn't find it.

Any help with this part would be awesome.

Cheers!

FX.

drakehellsing
03-03-2008, 05:25 AM
What I did was head for the flag, have a look in the direction it shows me and then head to the nearest trees, wait for the black smoke to leave then head off in the direction the flag was going in and straight away, hide.

After doing that, I got out and checked the flag then all the while, just walking, cause if I ran, I would blow up.

Took me like three or so tries to get it done, but I had finally done it ;)

x IUHoosierFan
03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
You have to use the flags to tell you which direction to go. When you hear the creep noise, head for the trees. Wait for your heartbeat to slow down and fade away. Then, move on, using the flags.

Filter x360a
03-03-2008, 03:11 PM
You guys make it sound so easy! LOL. I guess I'm always just getting caught between trees.

Thanks for the tips!

FX.

M85A21
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I tried this literally 20 Times.
I didn't know all you had to do was click that flag, I ran past it like 10 times omg so annoying.

Filter x360a
03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Finally got it done. At first I wasn't really following the black flags, but when you click on the last on it asks it you want to move to the next area, to which my answer was YES!

I was just trying different paths and hoping it would lead me back to the Hatch.

FX.

AOSKINS
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Having the same problem, can't figure out the sounds relating to when the smoke is gone!

Legend Has It 1
04-06-2008, 11:19 PM
just passed it, be very meticulous when you leave a banyan tree make sure you notice whats around you.

bobbowski
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I never figured out the sounds to decide exactly when the smoke was close. But here is what I did, it took a little while to make it but I got through on my second try. I went to the first flag and found the second one, ran to it and found the third, headed straight for a banyon. After the smoke cleared, I watched it leave I jumped out of the tree, which disoriented me, figured out which way was which and got back in the tree. I noticed that everytime you get out of the tree I was facing the same direction. After the smoke cleared again, I got out and ran to the third flag and found the fourth. Headed to the nearest banyon and repeated the steps until I got out. It only took a few of these trips. Not rushing and being willingly to figure out which way to go and not to go and then stashing myself back into the same tree, waiting for the smoke to go away again, was key for me.

HELBRECT
04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
THE SOUND THE BLACK SMOKE MAKES IS A SORT OF MARRAKA SHAKING NOISE IT HELPS TO HAVE YOUR VOLUME PRETTY HIGH IM STILL STRUGGLING ON THIS PART THOUGH GAWD :confused:

botafogo007
04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I think any tips of avoiding the black smoke should begin with "hide all rope and sharp objects in your house, then boot up the game..."

sensespanic
04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
This really isn't that bad to do so long as you take your time and are careful about it. Obviously the best piece of advice to beating this ABSOLUTELY begins with listening to the sounds of the black smoke. If you listen you will know when the Black Smoke is coming. At that point make sure you are near a Banyan tree and hop inside. Everytime I did this it went to a cut scene that was from the perspective of the Black Smoke. When it returned control to me, my character's heartbeat was elevated and the Black Smoke was flying around outside. At that point all you have to do is wait until your heartbeat slows and until you don't hear the smoke anymore (if you look around, most times you can actually SEE the smoke leave). I'm not really sure why people are having a hard time telling when it's gone b/c it is definitely noticeably quieter when the smoke leaves.

As for finding your way around, it can be disorienting when you come out of the Banyan trees. I personally found it easier to scan the surroundings near the top of the trees to find the next set of Banyan trees rather than the flag. The Banyan trees are only along the path and can be seen above the rest of the trees if you look hard enough. So, all you have to do is step out, scan the trees around you till you spot the Banyans and walk to them. Make sure you don't get too cocky and think "Oh I can make it even though I hear the smoke." If you get disoriented and waste time when you first come out of a Banyan tree it is often better to stand there a moment until the Black Smoke comes and then hide in the trees, watch the cut scene, wait for it to leave, and THEN heat out. At that point its just a matter of wash, rinse and repeat.

Lambshot23
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys , reading this post I got through the smoke with no problem. I almost quit playing this game beacuse of it and send it back to gamefly on its merry way but got through it and almost done.

Biggest help was listening to your heartbeat. Worked great