PDA

View Full Version : the graphics

rubberchicken69
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
i really wanna get rsv2 but if you look at the screen shots the buildings look alittle like hitman/kane&lynch.... is it just me? idk its a bit 2 dimensional

Vista
03-03-2008, 07:35 PM
The first Vegas graphics were decent, not amazing, but not bad. These look a lot better IMO, but I am really not concerned about graphics, it just adds a nice touch. Gameplay is way more important.

jxspyder
03-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Personally from what I've seen, the graphics are going to be about 110% better than RSV1, and probably on par with CoD4.

Parkerktm
03-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Yea COD4 is as good as it gets and with the original crisp look of RSV1 i expect these graphics to be unbelievable

rubberchicken69
03-04-2008, 05:27 AM
huh i dont know about you guys

call of duty 4 : http://xbl10kclub.com/cod4_screenshot.jpg (http://xbl10kclub.com/cod4_screenshot.jpg)

rainbow six vegas 2: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/media.php?gameID=504

are you guys serious??? its not 10% close!

jxspyder
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, I've watched gameplay footage that looks absolutely gorgeous, and the game definitely doesn't look bad. And to be absolutely honest, the graphics could be vintage Vegas 1 style, and I'd still play it over CoD4, because as good as the graphics are, Cod4's mulitplayer got old/boring/repetative something like 2 months ago.

ScRibbLes1070D
03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm a big RBS fan going back to my days on the PlayStation 1, but I'll admit that CoD4's graphics are unparalleled in the FPS genre. The developers of RBS: Vegas 2 have made a point of saying not to expect too much improvement in the graphics (just that they're smoother). Nobody is going to be able to stand up to CoD4's graphics for a while. But, graphics or not, RBS: V2 is still going to be way more fun than CoD4.

rubberchicken69
03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Well, I've watched gameplay footage that looks absolutely gorgeous, and the game definitely doesn't look bad. And to be absolutely honest, the graphics could be vintage Vegas 1 style, and I'd still play it over CoD4, because as good as the graphics are, Cod4's mulitplayer got old/boring/repetative something like 2 months ago.
yea i know but i feel like im playing hitman blood money or kane&lynch! cmon it looks like ps2 graphics... rainbow six vegas 1 looks way much better than those screenshots. it looks like a disney!

BloodReign13
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM
im not really seeing that. suer the graphics in cod are better, but they dont look that bad for vegas 2. i wouldnt compare them to a cartoon show....

jxspyder
03-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I can't see it either. There's a definite improvement in game play footage, compared to vegas 1. And having played hitman, I totally don't see that one, at all. Oh well :p

rubberchicken69
03-05-2008, 03:07 AM
its just that the buildings don't look realistic
they are too bright like metallic colors or like they are play doh

Cipher 8
03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Who cares about graphics, the GAMEPLAY is what you playing games for anyways. Watch a movie if you want good graphics... Cod4 has awesome graphics but crappy and unfair gameplay.

ClutchPapi34
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I think they look nice. As long as the game is fun, I don't really care about the graphics.

jxspyder
03-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Also, since a lot of the buildings I've seen are actually in Vegas, I can believe it, because that whole city is metallic looking and play-dohish. :p

Good graphics are a bonus, but I don't think you can let it get to far. You're not playing a live action movie, and like Cipher said, while CoD4's graphics were absolutely amazing, the gameplay kinda sucks.

baby jamie
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah the graphics are (shall we say ok) there not a patch on cod 4 but the gameplay will (should) make up for it.

but just think if cod 4 had a cover system r6v would be history:confused::boxer

Archonfury
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
How does the gameplay in Cod4 suck? It had a much better story than rainbow six, much less issues, better graphics, sound, gameplay, I could go on. Rainbow six is alright, but the second one looks like what GH3 is to GH2, a carbon copy with touched up graphics.

Shinobi273
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Gameplay is CoD is mostly run and gun or hide and snipe. The inclusion of flashbangs made it a little better but it can't compare to the tactical map, gadgets (snake cam especially), cover system, rapelling, and squad controls. Yeah they are different games, to each his own. I'm sure the Halo fanatics hate CoD and R6V because you don't have shields, can't jump for shit, and have no vehicles. You can't make everyone happy, just accept that some people like Halo, CoD, or R6V better.

Deadly Moves
03-05-2008, 08:59 PM
i really wanna get rsv2 but if you look at the screen shots the buildings look alittle like hitman/kane&lynch.... is it just me? idk its a bit 2 dimensional
you need some new glasses my friend. the graphics looks awesome! nearly as good as COD4

Its not all about graphics! gameplay is the most important thing...
Take n+ for example...
the graphics are poo compaired to todays standards, but it has awesome gameplay...

R6V2 is not gonna look as good a GOW but GOW suffered for having such amazing graphics...
I would rather have a bigger, better made game like R6V than a very pretty, short, average game like gow

rubberchicken69
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
you need some new glasses my friend. the graphics looks awesome! nearly as good as COD4

Its not all about graphics! gameplay is the most important thing...
Take n+ for example...
the graphics are poo compaired to todays standards, but it has awesome gameplay...

R6V2 is not gonna look as good a GOW but GOW suffered for having such amazing graphics...
I would rather have a bigger, better made game like R6V than a very pretty, short, average game like gow i know you fanboys are going to flame me for this but the truth is
rainbow six vegas 2's graphics are NOT even close to call of duty 4's graphics.
and graphics (to me atleast) are a very important part for a game. if a game had some good gameplay with sucky graphics the game would not be as enjoyable/fun if it would have good graphics. period.

BloodReign13
03-05-2008, 11:38 PM
how can you say the graphics are not even close. i mean to me thats like playing a 360 game then comparing it to pacman from 30 years ago or w/e, CoD is a lot crisper and pays more attenion to detail but RBV2 isnt that far behind them

jxspyder
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
i know you fanboys are going to flame me for this but the truth is
rainbow six vegas 2's graphics are NOT even close to call of duty 4's graphics.
and graphics (to me atleast) are a very important part for a game. if a game had some good gameplay with sucky graphics the game would not be as enjoyable/fun if it would have good graphics. period.

I gotta go with Bloodreign on this one. And please fully read this before you throw out the fanboy flag and ignoring it.

I would personally go out on a limb, and say that CoD4, out of all the FPS games I've ever played on 360, has the single best graphics. I bought a brand new HD tv specifically for this game, and was no where near disappointed. The detail, the shadowing, these are absolutely amazing. HOWEVER, graphics are NOT the end all of a game. The style of the game, and the mechanics of it are a big factor as well. And as far as comparing the two, I have yet to see a FPS that can compete with the depth of CoD4's graphics. It's been openly stated by numerous sources that CoD4's graphics are a year plus ahead of it's time. However, that does not diminish the quality of the graphics in other games, which are not exactly N64 Goldeneye 007 standard.

On another note. Yes, I think the gameplay of CoD4 was craptastic. Not the controls, or the framerate, but the actual mechanics of the game. Headquarters? Complete poo. I hated it. The perk system? Was awesome until people started abusing some of the more overpowered ones. The spawn system? I once spent 15 minutes of a game....actually playing for about 2. I WATCHED MYSELF SPAWN ON A KILLCAM. I've spawned in the middle of air strikes. I've spawned directly in front of a helicoptor.

Myself, I'm a fan of tactical shooters. Rainbow is totally my cup of tea. I don't believe that the amount of sugarbuzz you've got going for you should be a factor in a game.

GAZA1111111
03-06-2008, 07:12 PM
yo guys, I think the grapics are great, the only thing I do dislike is the effect they put on called "grey scratch" this is what gives it that nitty gritty look, which at times can look a bit dull, but other than that I can't complain

:)

Deadly Moves
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
yo guys, I think the grapics are great, the only thing I do dislike is the effect they put on called "grey scratch" this is what gives it that nitty gritty look, which at times can look a bit dull, but other than that I can't complain

You mean that affect thats used way to much in GOW
That makes everything blend:(

CORPSE CRISIS
03-06-2008, 07:27 PM
o ya these graphics are freaking amazing,but im not really a rainbow fan but it doesent hurt to try the game tho =)

Deadly Moves
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
it doesent hurt to try the game tho =)
thats what i thought with the 1st R6V...
And was hooked straight away lol
Now its 1 of my all-time fave games

GAZA1111111
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
yo guys, yes, epic did use it in GoW, but it was also in the previous vegas

Deadly Moves
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
yo guys, yes, epic did use it in GoW, but it was also in the previous vegas

It wasnt over used in vegas 1 like it was in Gears of War though.
I remember when i 1st had my 360 and a 14" lcd tv..no HD
it was hard to tell scenery apart from bad guy,
bcos everything was samey looking.
But now i have a nice 32" sony bravia i can..

but my point was it was over used in GOW and correctly used in Vegas 1

alex4283
03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
The pictures taken for r6v2 are severely resized killing their quality, and you're trying to compare it to an almost full resolution picture of cod4? Of course COD4 is going to look better between the two, but you can't compare apples and oranges. Get me a full resolution pic of r6v2 and we'll compare. I bet it will look much closer.

jxspyder
03-07-2008, 02:14 AM
I think Alex did a pretty good job of wording it. Save your hate of the graphics until you load em up on the HD.

rubberchicken69
03-07-2008, 03:11 AM
The pictures taken for r6v2 are severely resized killing their quality, and you're trying to compare it to an almost full resolution picture of cod4? Of course COD4 is going to look better between the two, but you can't compare apples and oranges. Get me a full resolution pic of r6v2 and we'll compare. I bet it will look much closer. ahh i see now! lol thanks for explaining, i thought the rbsv2 screens were full hd
;)

GAZA1111111
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
yo guys, yea I admit GoW did go a bit over the top, but keep that on the GoW forums

TBT21 CHARGERS
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM
The graphics are fine calm down!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:drunk

GAZA1111111
03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
yo guys, I agree with the other guy, the graphics are fine, stop worrying, at the end of the day, they may not be as excellent as CoD4 but don't forget about the amount of gameplay RSV offers, like co-op, where as CoD4 did'nt, think about the good points,

rubberchicken69
03-08-2008, 02:42 AM
It wasnt over used in vegas 1 like it was in Gears of War though.
I remember when i 1st had my 360 and a 14" lcd tv..no HD
it was hard to tell scenery apart from bad guy,
bcos everything was samey looking.
But now i have a nice 32" sony bravia i can..

but my point was it was over used in GOW and correctly used in Vegas 1

i can see the enemies fine
the graphics from gow killed rbsv2 graphics
i dont care what any of you guys say, they are 1,000 times better than crappy rainbow6 graphics
see you guys in vegas!

brentkid
03-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Why are people arguing over an irrelevant point?

The Fonz
03-08-2008, 04:10 AM
come on who cares about graphics.sh*t i will go have funn playing doom 1 with graphics that may cause loss of vision but have so much fun palying the game.the basic standard was if the gameplay was good IT WAS A GOOD GAME.when did the graphics part come in?Graphics are a nice and clean touch up but if the game is fun then ill like it.

jxspyder
03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, for some, graphics are becoming a much bigger factor in the games. Unfortunately, rubberchicken lost cred when he's comparing GoW graphics to CoD graphics, stating how much better they both are than vegas.......yeah, that's a negative.

Deadly Moves
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
i can see the enemies fine
the graphics from gow killed rbsv2 graphics
i dont care what any of you guys say, they are 1,000 times better than crappy rainbow6 graphics
see you guys in vegas!
I never said R6V2 graphics were better than GOW's
All i said was, in short...
There is too much gray in GOW
And i think vegas1/2 have the right balance with the shades and tones of the colours

Danillo llic
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Looks amazing

rubberchicken69
03-09-2008, 04:24 AM
I never said R6V2 graphics were better than GOW's
All i said was, in short...
There is too much gray in GOW
And i think vegas1/2 have the right balance with the shades and tones of the colours
and i didnt say you said rbsv2 graphics where better than gow
im just stating gow has 1,000 times better graphics than rbsv2
too much gray! hah!