PDA

View Full Version : Secret Achivements Explained!!

I FJ I
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
The two secret achivements will be explained here

The first one is worth 100g. The criteria is knock off 20 player hats on multiplayer. Alot of people thing that only spec ops can be used for this but infact every piece of headgear meets the "name" of hat. This doesnt have to be done in one game and can be done in private matchs and public matchs. aswell as ranked.

The easyest way is to have a private game on the map street. All be the spec ops class (even though i said you dont have to, this is the easyest) This is because they have a gun with low power and enimes will be able to sustaine a head shot wiht out dying. Now just keep spawning and shoting each other in the head with a short burst. The kill yourselfs and repeat until the achivement appears. You dont have to finish the game you get it in. The achievement will come up stright away.

The second one is called noob and you must kill yourslefs 10 times in one match and in worth 0g. This is easy, just be rocket class and blow your self to little bits. and well done you are a noob.

I hope i have shed some light on this because i have been looking for help on this achievement and i couldnt find a detailed guide. After a while of searching the net i have got all the bits of data and put them together. also i have tested and got this achievement so what i say is true.

Alothough there have been sites that explain the achivement you had to go to multiple places to find the info, I have gatherd it and put it in one place.

Bondfan626
03-03-2008, 07:58 PM
these achievements were already revealed, and how to get them in the achievement guide. Do some thread research next time.

Dannyb0yUK
03-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Why do people keep insisting that the hats achievement only works if you knock off the hat without killing the player? It doesn't matter if you kill them, just hit the hat.

I FJ I
03-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Why do people keep insisting that the hats achievement only works if you knock off the hat without killing the player? It doesn't matter if you kill them, just hit the hat.

It does matter because i have checked this, you have to knock the hat off without killing the player. otherwise it is know as a headshot and getting 20 headshots isnt that hard.

TWOGOOD4U
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
It does matter because i have checked this, you have to knock the hat off without killing the player. otherwise it is know as a headshot and getting 20 headshots isnt that hard.

you can kill the player it still counts aslong as the hat falls off

Slice0226
03-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I love popping peoples heads off ~ demo

I need to buy this game this weekend

Dannyb0yUK
03-05-2008, 11:40 PM

I don't care if you've 'checked this'. I've DONE it. And every single one of my 20 hats knocked off was a one hit kill from a sniper rifle, which knocked the hat off at the same time. End of. Stop confusing the issue.

Filter x360a
03-06-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't care if you've 'checked this'. I've DONE it. And every single one of my 20 hats knocked off was a one hit kill from a sniper rifle, which knocked the hat off at the same time. End of. Stop confusing the issue.

Correct, It doesn't Matter in the least if the person dies or not. I've boosted this achievement for about 3 people + myself, all using the sniper rifle for a head shot kill.

However, I read in another post that someone said the "hats off" kills were cumulative, which is false. I had two different players killing me in a game, one got up to 19 kills - the other 17 - and then they ran out of time (10 min match). The next round we had to go the full 20 kills again.

As info.

FX.

Paco Villia
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree with you because I boosted about three games myself and guess what no achievement. When my friend and I did all 20 in one game it unlocked.

Not to mention the time I spent shooting hats off of people in mulitiplayer trying to get the achievement legit. I found countless campers that I snuck right up on shot their hat off first then killed them.

This went on for a few days then I figured out none of us really knew how the achievement unlocked. So I resorted to finding out for myself in a private match with a friend, and sure enough with 20 hat shots in one match the achievement unlocked.

This may have happened different for someone else but this is what happened to me.

Ultimately I think we should instruct others to do all 20 in one match to ensure a fail proof way to get the achievement so they don't waste a bunch of time.

Thanks to each of you for your hard work and passion about this matter.:):):):):):):):):):):)

I FJ I
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Correct, It doesn't Matter in the least if the person dies or not. I've boosted this achievement for about 3 people + myself, all using the sniper rifle for a head shot kill.

However, I read in another post that someone said the "hats off" kills were cumulative, which is false. I had two different players killing me in a game, one got up to 19 kills - the other 17 - and then they ran out of time (10 min match). The next round we had to go the full 20 kills again.

As info.

FX.

There must be a great deal of glitch to do with this achivement, me and a friend tried this with snipers and we failed, 20 headshots overall or 20 in one match it just wouldnt unlock. so i went to play some online public, after i shot some guy with the spec ops wepon i noticed his hat fell off but he didnt die. so i played a bit more and this happend about 3-5 times in the match. so i set up another private game with a friend and we went spec ops and i found that shoting him so he didnt die unlock the achivement and further more i didnt get 20 in one match i got about 15-17 so it wsa a gathering them all up. Thank you for post all your info on this achivement, based on this i have a messge for Kaos to read. it goes like this.

Bloody hell, sort this game out please, the online ranked matchs are a B***H to get into and this achievement is glicthed up.

:)

Paco Villia
03-07-2008, 03:55 AM
It seems like nothing works the same way twice.

Filter x360a
03-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Interesting, I've not seen anything like this, but it may be a very glitches achievement. Doesn't seem to be a very well thought out achievement if you ask me.

FX.

sgt13Echo
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
these achievements were already revealed, and how to get them in the achievement guide. Do some thread research next time.

I am at work now and will be home in a little while. We are Central Standard Time and would love to try and get the achievements working with you. PM me Sgt13Echo.

Thanks!

muters
03-09-2008, 05:16 AM
This is shaping up to be the only achievement I'll miss in this game (I have all the other online ones) I've been playing pretty solidly over the weekend, have racked up a few hundred kills, and must have shot more than 20 hats off. Just can't bring myself to boost for it, though.

If it's got to be done in one match, I'm not sure how you're meant to get it as hardly anyone seems to get 20 kills before a match ends, let alone 20 headshots. Suppose trying it just with the spec-ops gun is worth a try...