PDA

View Full Version : The Sea Serpent lizard boss thing.

CrossoverDoc
03-03-2008, 11:30 PM
How do I get the slimy thing to die? I looked all over this freaking forum for topics like this, but all the responses say to seartch somewhere.

Either give me a link or explain how to kill the fagg..

Thanks. ;]

chiefgonebad
03-04-2008, 12:43 AM
http://guides.ign.com/guides/747926/page_12.html

Raven1709
03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
When the water snake start screeching stand behind a one of the the airholes fire your flamethrower and the snake will become damaged. When the Snake throws rocks just keep jumping or walking sideways. I think it's after 8 or 9 (airholes) fires he wil die.

Hope this will help

Orange and Blue
03-05-2008, 12:51 AM
You must use the airhole that has steam shooting out of it by the way, easy pattern to follow as well.
AND YES, THIS HELPS--------> http://guides.ign.com/guides/747926/page_12.html

SouP x360a
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
You obviously didn't look very hard. This has been posted 50 times. Go to my achievement guide and look down to "Angler Ribbon", there is a good strategy there.

irift3
08-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow, there really is NOWHERE to find good help. I tried to follow the piss made guide to kill the eel and that didn't help. The link the other guide gave us had no tips to beat it whatsoever, apart from the obvious ones. The trouble I'm having with is the cone like rocks he throws. I try to strafe then dodge and I die EVERY TIME. It is incredibly frustrating because I keep dieing at that part. It is not hard, just stupid. I have played hard games, this is not hard, just made poorly. If you get hit by both rocks (the cone ones) you die. I can't dodge them no matter how hard I tried, and shooting them is like shooting a meteor with a squirt gun. Ridiculous.

KillTheft Gator
08-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, there really is NOWHERE to find good help. I tried to follow the piss made guide to kill the eel and that didn't help. The link the other guide gave us had no tips to beat it whatsoever, apart from the obvious ones. The trouble I'm having with is the cone like rocks he throws. I try to strafe then dodge and I die EVERY TIME. It is incredibly frustrating because I keep dieing at that part. It is not hard, just stupid. I have played hard games, this is not hard, just made poorly. If you get hit by both rocks (the cone ones) you die. I can't dodge them no matter how hard I tried, and shooting them is like shooting a meteor with a squirt gun. Ridiculous.

You obviously have the wrong sized squirt gun... Anyway, this sounds more like a problem with your timing than with the game. On the hardest difficulty this took me a while to get past but just be patient, and learn the serpent's moves. Also you aren't shooting the serpent, you are setting the gas on fire when the serpent lunges for you.

Teggert
08-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Whenever you're not using the flamethrower on the vents, make sure you have the knife equipped so you'll move faster. For a long while I didn't realise this. This was the most annoying part of the game by far, I was also stuck on the stalactites bit, but other than timing the dodges and hitting the vents there's nothing else to it, it just takes a lot of attempts.

Gext3r
10-20-2009, 02:47 AM
This first thing you got to to do is obviously collect the Napalm Grenade and the extra flamethrower ammunition. Once you've cleared that, attempt to cross over the bridge. Once doofus behind the stalagmites signals to you that your about to die, strife into the corner (since the first Fire Pit area is the one closest to the bridge) Try and stand back as much as possible from it, (this pit is really good for standing back in) and just as he lunges at you, shoot the pit with your flamethrower and boom. You'll notice that since this is the first attack on him, he will have blood all over his face. Thats a fine indication that your first attempt worked.

He'll go under water and then come up with his tenticles waving about. His first attack will be trying to swipe you. Standing closest to the middle pit, you can then move just abit to the left, and stand back. Doing so will keep you out of reach of the tenticles, without having to time your jumps over them.

After three swipes he'll go back under water and emerge again. This is important! Once he dives down, light up the middle pit before he comes back, that way you have time to get to the far left pit before he lunges at you. The reason why I say to do this is because the middle pit has a bunch of stalagmites right behind the pit, so standing back from it is a challeng of its own. What does it matter if your close to the pit? Well, not only is he going to be more likely to hit you, (before the fire hurts him and he jerks back in pain) but you'll also have a more likely chance of the pit even doing damage to you!

In anycase, same method as the pit over by the bridge. Stand back, and when he lunges forward, KA-BOOM.

He'll go under and arise with his tenticle pals again. This time he will start throwing rocks at you. My mothod was to just basicly to pull out my knife, and LOOK at where im running. No barrel-rolls, no jumping, nothing except running straight. If you run out of room to run, (because he throws rocks three times) than just go the opposite way.

Again, light up the pit closest to the bridge!

He'll return but this time slightly more angry :(
He'll move abit faster, and instead of lunging THREE TIMES before he is hit, he'll only lunge ONCE! So you better make it worth it.

This time he will be throwing the stalagmites at the top of the cave at you. My method was to strife (look at the stalagmites in the tenticles grasp) and just as he lets go, do a barrel-roll, just for the extra measure. Remember to do a barrel-roll in the SAME direction you were running in, otherwise you'll have a large hole in your head.

Light him, kaboom, yayayaya

This time, he'll be doing the same thing as before but you might be unfortionate enough to have him throw in a swipe at you. :( This is extra tricky, and usually comes down to luck. As soon as you regain your ballance, barrel-roll in the direction you attempted to go in before you got swiped.

Light him up, and ta-da.

Enjoy your cutscene. ;) Definatly put a smile on my face.

Hope I helped ;)

`_Josh_`

PHIL 421
10-20-2009, 02:53 AM
I seriously don't understand how so many people have problems with this boss. Yeah it took me a few times to figure it out but it took only that 2 tries. Seriously people try everything before you post the same thread that we've seen a million times.

Gext3r
10-20-2009, 03:55 AM
((stil impressed by his mini-guide))