PDA

View Full Version : They better not pull a Tomb Raider...

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
So Samurai Warriors 2 is coming out with DLC as we now know and it's changed the game to Samurai Warriors 2 XL. Now there is a retail version of Samurai Warriors 2 XL coming out in June. It had better not have a different acheivement set. I'm referring to how Tomb Raider: Legend got 250 new points for adding Anniversary to it while Anniversary also get it's own fresh set of achievements for 1000 points. They better not have a different set of achievements for 1000 on Samurai Warriors 2 XL in June... Here's to hoping the play it like Oblivion did when the released the GOTY edition that included the original game WITH the DLC achievements.

The Pants Party
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Retail version will only be on PS2. ;)

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Well if I'm mistaken, then sorry for jumping the gun. I was a little freaked when I saw this.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200429

and it's also on my Gamefly Que??? I put it on there a while back when I noticed it was coming out. Was blindsided by the DLC for the original game.

The Pants Party
03-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Well slap me silly... the article I read earlier said it was only coming on the PS2. Looks like they did indeed pull a Tomb Raider. Very lame...

Salsa di Omega
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Aren't they just releasing it all on one disc though? So it doesn't seem like it'll be the same as Tomb Raider...it'll just be both games on one DVD.

The Pants Party
03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
What we're referring to is that they're releasing this as a DLC add-on to Samurai Warriors 2: 250 extra achievement points for 2400 MSP.

They are apparently also releasing the content as its own retail game, which are required to have 1000 achievement points.

So, the same content will be available twice.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
All hope is not yet lost. They could do like they did with Oblivion and make it the full retail game +DLC on one disc. Here's the hoping for that.

Tricka21
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Me personally I hope they just release a retail version, that way it's less complicated :)
DC is cool but 2400MP screw that even if it is a whole new game, it aint worth it lol

Salsa di Omega
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
All hope is not yet lost. They could do like they did with Oblivion and make it the full retail game +DLC on one disc. Here's the hoping for that.

That's basically what I was trying to say...sorry I wasn't as clear.

What we're referring to is that they're releasing this as a DLC add-on to Samurai Warriors 2: 250 extra achievement points for 2400 MSP.

They are apparently also releasing the content as its own retail game, which are required to have 1000 achievement points.

So, the same content will be available twice.

I know that, but as this other guy brought up a good example, it doesn't mean they can't just release one disc with DLC added (see also MUA: Gold Edition). Koei usually makes predictable achievements, but I don't think they could possibly squeeze 1000 out with just the little content this expansion will add. Tomb Raider was still a 15 hour game of unique content, not just a few added characters+expanded modes.

The Pants Party
03-05-2008, 01:48 AM
I see what you're saying. If that is more of a "special edition" or whatever like Oblivion did, that would be cool.

o0EVIL0o x360a
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'll be freakin pissed if they make it have it's own achievement set. But think of it this way guys, they've actually physically changed the name from Samurai Warriors 2 ---> Samurai Warriors 2 XL on our gamercards. So with this in mind, I think that the retail version will just be both together. Anyone want to back me up and ease my mind?? lol