PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think Vision is stupid?

Archonfury
03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Honestly, every rainbow six game, it just bugs me so much they want you to shell out 50 bucks for the vision. It's probably one of the reasons I stopped playing it is because I knew I would not get a full 1000 on it and I really think its a dumb, tacked on achievement. Anybody else feel this way? Or is it just me?

Blackjaw x
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Well just buy the package for $70, it's only a little bit more than a 12 month card by itself, but you get the camera, a replacement headset, a few hundred microsoft points and some arcade codes.

Segnius
03-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Well just buy the package for $70, it's only a little bit more than a 12 month card by itself, but you get the camera, a replacement headset, a few hundred microsoft points and some arcade codes.

Yep, this is what I did when I wanted one. Pretty good deal. Far as the achievement though, doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to think less of you if they look at your achievements and see you're missing a single one which is for taking a picture with the vision camera.

HxS F4T4L1TY
03-05-2008, 10:08 PM
I've been referring to my old friend: ebay. You can probably get a used camera in good shape by itself for $15-$25 instead of paying the $50. The $70 version is a good deal unless you're like me...you've got a headset (don't care about the replacement), you have one of the arcade games, and you don't care about the MS points or the other arcade game. lol

Edit: Personally, I think the Vision is a cool idea. I just think that Vision-based achievements are lame. I agree with Segnius: who cares, right? "Nobody is going to think less of you...."

INSANEKID13
03-05-2008, 10:13 PM
i think its a great idea to have an acheivement for this because like you said you have to buy the camera hence spend more money and MS makes more... but it adds a more personal touch to the game i think

Parkerktm
03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I personally like it, i think its a lost achievements for some but others who already have/had the camera persuades them to try out the option of putting your face on a character

BloodReign13
03-05-2008, 11:40 PM
and like INSANEKID said, microsoft will do almost anything to make more money...

jxspyder
03-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, name another game that lets YOU be the lead character. Granted it's kind of cheesy to me...but I've seen dozens of people who thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Plus you can have so much fun with it. Want to play as Master Chief? A clown? Skeleton Head? I've got a spiderman mask I used once. Point is, it's a cool little add on that as far as I know, only ubisoft uses. I'd be more suprised if they didn't add it as an achievement.

s2l_soldier
03-06-2008, 03:43 AM
I like the idea. I mean, achievements are there to really let you enjoy all aspects of the game. I don't really like T-hunt missions, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be achievements for it.

rubberchicken69
03-06-2008, 05:35 AM
and like INSANEKID said, microsoft will do almost anything to make more money... if i had a company, i would do almost anything to make more money too. pppst! hahaa
yea i think the cheevo sucks but you can always borrow one from a friend, get the cheevo, then give it back:woop:

BloodReign13
03-06-2008, 05:59 AM
yea, but then you have the problem where all your friends are thinking the exact same thing, yet no one has one...

CLAPSTER
03-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Yeah I agree, but it's whatever you know you get it if you want 1000 or don't. o_O

DeathWish93
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I thought it was a stupid achievement in R6V until I got a camera. i cant wait to play as the main character this time around.

Chinrub
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
yep i cant wait to slap my face onto a character in this game. I'd be looking forward to it regardless of whether or not there was an achievement for it. It's something i've been wanting to do since Goldeneye (im sure i can think back to some rumours of being able to do it with some upcoming game nearer the time). Still now I think about it i could have done it on the first vegas game... if only i wasnt playing warcraft at the time instead of neglecting my xbox.
thing is though I'm the only person i know with the camera so it looks like it just might be 'out on loan' for a very long time :P

clokey
03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Honestly, every rainbow six game, it just bugs me so much they want you to shell out 50 bucks for the vision. It's probably one of the reasons I stopped playing it is because I knew I would not get a full 1000 on it and I really think its a dumb, tacked on achievement. Anybody else feel this way? Or is it just me?
I agree, I think its stupid that we have to go out and buy a camera just to get 1000 out of a game :confused: but thats just my opinion.

ClutchPapi34
03-10-2008, 11:04 PM
This is free money for M$. I don't really mind it.

twotonkoala
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't necessarily like it as an achievement, but because I have access to one, I don't mind it.

The camera is actually pretty cool. It gives functionalities to other games (and achievements) and it's kinda neat to video chat with a friend. If anything, just like the rest of the achievement system, this may get you to do something that you wouldn't normally do. I thought the camera was stupid when I first saw the achievement, but now I want one after seeing all of the other little things it can do. I want my goofy ass grin on my driver's liscense in Burnout Paradise, dammit :D

But if you're upset "because you stopped playing" the game because of it, well, honestly, I think you're just looking for an excuse for why you didn't get the 1000. It's a vision camera, there are ways to get one and use it for 10 minutes without buying it. I won't go into all the ways, but there are ways. On top of that, who cares if the one achievement you don't have is the camera one, like someone said?

On a side note: Jxspyder - in reference to your "only Ubisoft does it"....You can also map your face onto your player in World Series of Poker 2008 (though I definately don't blame you for not knowing that, I think only 12 people played that game, lol) But also Burnout kinda lets you as well because there is no driver, and you can take a picture of yourself for your liscense. Cool stuff. They definately aren't FPS' and not as impressive, but just in case anyone was curious :)

jxspyder
03-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Naw, I heard that Tiger Woods golf lets you do it as well. My point, and I didn't make it that well, is that it's a regularly overlooked aspect of gameplay. I mean, it's kind of cool to play as yourself, and as it's one of the gameplay options that ubisoft was rather proud of implimenting, I am not suprised in the least they made an achievement out of it. If you look at a games achievements, they're based on the aspects of gameplay that the developer usually thinks is kind of important to them.

Alex56
03-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys for mentioning that 70$ deal, I think I could get 1k in this game now.

bosInFusioN
03-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Sorry to go off topic for a second but the two above posters sigs back to back made me laugh... In case you didn't catch it

87.2% of statistical percentages are made up on the spot.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, GET OVER IT!!!

Hehe!

Anyways back on topic. I don't think having an achievement requiring you to have an addon that costs 50 bucks should be in the game, but dems da breaks.

TurMoiL911
03-13-2008, 05:06 AM
It's probably one of the reasons I stopped playing it is because I knew I would not get a full 1000 on it and I really think its a dumb, tacked on achievement.

Wow.

I hate it when people say there's not getting a game just because they can't get an achievement for it. I mean, god damn, play the game for the game, not the achievements.

Armstrong x360a
03-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Yea, this is a dumb achievement. I thought the one in the first game was dumb too. We should never have to pay extra money to "earn" an achievement (excluding DLC of course because that adds content), it spoils the concept of "achievement."

ScRibbLes1070D
03-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Amen, TurMoil. People actually refusing to play games because they'd never be able to achieve a full 1,000G should just sell their Xbox. I'd rather having a blast playing CoD4 or Assassin's Creed than slaving away at Viva Piņata or the &!@#ing King Kong game, for God's sake.

kingross
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM
The only thing stupid about it is that you cant adjust the size of the face/head. I put my face on that thing in the first game like 3 times and all 3 times I came out looking sort of like me, but a lot scrawnier and just used a premade face that looks about 100x more like me.

Deadly Moves
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Quit your moaning!
If all your bothered about is getting 1000 GS for it than just borrow a mates cam
Or get Avatar instead..:p

Personaly i'm buying the game for the gameplay
bcos the 1st vegas is 1 of my all time fave games
I dont really care what the achievements are bcos i'll be enjoying the game

I will admit i want all the achievement fot vegas 2 but thats just an after thought
I just want to play and enjoy the game foremost

MCSS Aerocoupe
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
First, the camera by itself is only $40.00 not $50.00

Second, the package deal is actually $80.00 not $70.00

Third, and finally, the package gives you the camera free. $50.00 for a year of Live, $20.00 for a spare headset, $10.00 for 2 arcade games and 200 MS points (actually a $12.50 value), and you get the camera for free. Or, don't count the arcarde games or points, and the camera is only $10.00

Personally, I don't mind the achievement. Sure, I will put my face on my character in Vegas 2 and get the achievement, but I will keep it on there, and may even re-do it at a later date (I've redone my Vegas 1 face about 4 times just for fun). The only thing I don't like is that you have to redo the entire face if you add paint/scars then want to remove them.

bosInFusioN
03-13-2008, 02:41 PM
First, the camera by itself is only $40.00 not $50.00

Second, the package deal is actually $80.00 not $70.00

50$ for the camera (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10078675&catid=23556)

90$ for the package (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10079197&catid=23556)

^
Click

So, shhhhh.

Apple
03-13-2008, 02:43 PM
1. Borrow one from your friend.
2. Buy one at Sam's Club for like 34$
3. Buy one at wal-mart, then return it!

Disclaimer: I don't endorse number three.

MCSS Aerocoupe
03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
50$ for the camera (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10078675&catid=23556)

90$ for the package (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10079197&catid=23556)

^
Click

So, shhhhh.

My mistake. Didn't realize this was a discussion with Canadian prices ;). In my defense, no one said, lol.

How much is a year of Live, a headset, and 2 arcade games in Canada, if bought separately?

bosInFusioN
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
No doubt it's cheaper to buy them in a bundle then separate but the fact remains I don't need any of them...

Now if ubisoft wanted to promote use of the camera, why not make bundles of the camera with Vegas 2..

jxspyder
03-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Probably because the only thing that the vision cam brings to vegas 2, is the ability to map your face on.

I still don't get why people are complaining so much about the achievement. OMG you can't get 1000? If it's so damn important to milk out every single point, then you'll get it. If it's not, then you'll skip over it and just play the game because it's going to be bad ass.

It's a game feature, that clearly Ubisoft thinks is cool, since it's been included in both their games.

bosInFusioN
03-14-2008, 01:26 AM
The only thing vision cam brings to anything is you can put your face into the game... or your middle finger... or anything else vulgar you can think of, so saying that's all it brings to Vegas 2... doesn't really say anything

You didn't really counter my point, in fact you reinforced it a bit. Exactly, vision cam is part of both Rainbow Six Vegas games, so why not bundle it with the second one so people can get it at a discount with something they want. Win win for M$ imo. But I guess I'm not working for their marketing department so they will never get my ideas!

P.S. I don't give a rats ass about 1000/1000 but I still think it's annoying that an achievement requires you to spend more money on another useless accessory.

jxspyder
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
You think it's annoying, and useless. However, I can guarentee that quite a few people think the exact opposite. There's already a bundle that includes the vision cam. And if you work out the costs, which has been done by several people already, you get it for 10 bucks max. And...it just so happens that half the game requires that extra bundle that microsoft has you pay for.......XBox Live. So that's the bundle issue dealt with. And if it's an annoying achievement, well, don't stress it and don't worry about getting it. For people who already have the camera, it's actually a pretty cool achievement.

And that's the wonderful world of opinions.

kiwi18
03-16-2008, 07:50 PM
i fully agree. vision sucks FTW

DeathWish93
03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Yep, this is what I did when I wanted one. Pretty good deal. Far as the achievement though, doesn't really matter. Nobody is going to think less of you if they look at your achievements and see you're missing a single one which is for taking a picture with the vision camera.

Exactly, its not what i'd class as an achievement as you arent achieving anything, but your annoyed at the fact you can't get the points.

WaltXXX
03-16-2008, 09:25 PM
That sucks. They want us to pay for the last achievement points.

jxspyder
03-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Then I guess I get to laugh, cause I got mine for free with my last xbox live box, so I don't have to pay for the achievement, I just get it.

DeathWish93
03-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Everyone is saying 'Oh, theyre making us pay for an achievment' but they arent. YOU pay for a camera with lots of features and the achievment comes as a small bonus. As someone said before, no on will care if the only achievement on R6V2 that you havent got is one that involves the camera as lots of people wont get it. They wont think 'Oh hes rubbish at Vegas 2 because hes got 980 and no camera achievment' they are going to notice the Elite or Complete Story on Realistic achievments to judge how good you are. So stop complaining as its only a puny 20 points and youve as good as got 1000 without this achievment. Or just buy one if you cant live without the full 1000.

Ingles
03-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Vision achievements in general are stupid. I can appreciate that game developers are trying to encourage gamers to buy a MS camera, but it hasn't worked out since the camera was released.

ScRibbLes1070D
03-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, my camera came with my Gold subscription (I bought that big bundle with the free arcade games and the MS points), and, honestly, this is going to be the first time since I got it two months ago that I'm actually going to even use it.

jxspyder
03-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Meh, depends on your playing. I'm an old guy...27, and I use it about as often as I'd use a webcam on my laptop. I use it more as a webcam actually, then I do in games, thanks to the whole LIVE messenger thing. So, for me it's a great add on. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses it.

And why do people insist that the only reason ubisoft would add this achievement would be to force people to buy a damn camera. A lot of people already have them, and use them, so what's the issue?