PDA

View Full Version : history reapets - ironman

M1RaG3 SpUd 7
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
can anyone give me some tips as to how i do this.
i got to the second part were i was being ambushed at the plaza and died and i cant find any cover
thanks in advance

M1RaG3 SpUd 7
03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
never mind just done it and got stopwatch at the same time:woop::locked:uzi:

aussiestatic
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
why not tell us how you did it then..

SirMossy
03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Oddly enough I got ironman my first time.

The easiest way I found was to make sure 100% you dont lose your tank. Keep a lookout at all the buildings as you go around the corners to find all the guys with rocket launchers and take them out first.

The tanks are easy enough to kill as long as you keep moving while you fire to stop them hitting you. The hardest part I found was when you had to destroy the radar just before final push. Once you reach the top of the building you are faced with a helicopter. As soon as you climb the ladder rush around the corner and kill the 2 guys closest to you, then turn around and hide next to the ammunition crate and take out the helicopter. If you DONT take out the 2 guys first they'll run around the corner and start shooting you as you're trying to take out the copter.

Like any mission its all about taking your time. For stopwatch just stick it on casual and rush the places. With this mission you get 14 deployments so it doesnt really matter if you die a few times.

aussiestatic
03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Oddly enough I got ironman my first time.

The easiest way I found was to make sure 100% you dont lose your tank. Keep a lookout at all the buildings as you go around the corners to find all the guys with rocket launchers and take them out first.

The tanks are easy enough to kill as long as you keep moving while you fire to stop them hitting you. The hardest part I found was when you had to destroy the radar just before final push. Once you reach the top of the building you are faced with a helicopter. As soon as you climb the ladder rush around the corner and kill the 2 guys closest to you, then turn around and hide next to the ammunition crate and take out the helicopter. If you DONT take out the 2 guys first they'll run around the corner and start shooting you as you're trying to take out the copter.

Like any mission its all about taking your time. For stopwatch just stick it on casual and rush the places. With this mission you get 14 deployments so it doesnt really matter if you die a few times.

is what youre posting for the last part right at the end of the mission where you have to defend your position>

M1RaG3 SpUd 7
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
thats sort of how i did it but i found the hardest part where u have to take on 2 helicopters

Dannyb0yUK
03-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I also managed to get this achievement the first time I tried this level (and it was on normal). I'm not trying to be cocky and say I'm great or anything, because believe me- at this point I'd only gotten it on the first level, and that was when I was trying hard!!! The only real advice I could give is just to take it so, so slowly. I must have spent at least an hour doing this- once I realised I'd gotten a fair way through without dying, I resolved to keep trying hard to not die at all. I held right back as far as I could while still being able to take shots, used the tank at all possible moments to clear out as many enemies as I could outside and inside the buildings etc.. The last section of the level just requires you to go really slowly, keep your eyes peeled for enemies before they start getting at you. When you're in the final firefight in the plaza, use the tank again, that's what I did as best I remember. I do distinctly remember coming very close to dying right at the end though, because I had to get out of the tank for some reason. All I remember was running down one of the alleys away from the central courtyard to hide while I reloaded my rocket launcher, and came SO close to getting torn up by one of the helicopters. This can be done- I really am only an average skill player and if I can manage it, you can :)

metalangel
03-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I *almost* had it... but I blew myself up with the railgun turret during the final final section in the square, and was really annoyed as I didn't die at all during the rest of that last battle.

Stupidest part of all this is I screwed up in exactly the same way during the final final final part of Anvil and again had to restart to get Ironman.

The only part of the mission I could see being hard is the helicopter on the roof of the Ministry of Information... fire rockets at it, and then jump back down that hatch into the building when it fires its cannon at you.

Grishnaar
03-08-2008, 07:58 AM
For the entire building with the radar on top I used drones to clear it out. The turret drone is capable of climbing steps/stairs. I sent it in and took it up floor by floor taking everyone out, advancing myself as necessary. Once I got to the roof I sent up the helicopter attack drone to take out the troops and then hid by the AC units on the roof while taking shots at the chopper. After that, I sent the copter drone up to the top to finish off the guys by the radar before going up to plant the charge.

When defending the square from the final push, I just went from side to side with the tank taking out their tanks and mowing down foot soldiers as necessary. When the helicopters came out I would park the tank in between the two columns of the building that you first stormed and took them out using the columns as cover.

-Grishnaar

K YoH
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
if you die at all during one of these levels, do you have to start over from the very beginning of the level? or can you start from one of the "say 4 checkpoints?"

Dan261
03-10-2008, 08:00 PM
"if you die at all during one of these levels, do you have to start over from the very beginning of the level? or can you start from one of the "say 4 checkpoints?"

You can redeploy, usually it isn't very far away from where you died.

For the ending, go to the left side of the plaza. Barely any soldiers ambush that part. Take down the chopper quickly with your rockets, and then head into the tank. Destroy all the enemy tanks, and head to the left of the plaza again. Another chopper should be inbound, so take it out. After that, just stay back and pick off the enemies ambushing the plaza. There's no rush! ;)

K YoH
03-10-2008, 09:24 PM
"if you die at all during one of these levels, do you have to start over from the very beginning of the level? or can you start from one of the "say 4 checkpoints?"

You can redeploy, usually it isn't very far away from where you died.

For the ending, go to the left side of the plaza. Barely any soldiers ambush that part. Take down the chopper quickly with your rockets, and then head into the tank. Destroy all the enemy tanks, and head to the left of the plaza again. Another chopper should be inbound, so take it out. After that, just stay back and pick off the enemies ambushing the plaza. There's no rush! ;)
You can re-deploy?!?!?

doesn't that mean dying? So i can still get the ironman achievement?
I am still not clear on this...

metalangel
03-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Ironman means not dying... and redeploying only happens when you've been killed.

So yes, if you die even once, restart the entire level. But in all seriousness, unless you're playing on Hardcore difficulty, you have to be pretty careless to die.

K YoH
03-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Tru-Dat... unless you're trying for ironman and stopwatch at the same time..heheh
;)